You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS?

Started by dragon53, March 21, 2019, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
Not sure what point you are trying to make.   So this anime is doing it worse, or...?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on May 23, 2020, 10:44:54 AM
Not sure what point you are trying to make.   So this anime is doing it worse, or...?

Just an example of another show with cartoon characters and more realistic dinosaurs. I actually liked Dinosaur King too.

Mellow Stego

So far I'm loving Bumpys design. 
Hope they make plushie of her.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2020, 03:18:50 PM

Just an example of another show with cartoon characters and more realistic dinosaurs. I actually liked Dinosaur King too.

I see. I am not a fan of that visual dissonance (reminds me of Planet Zoo). And I've never seen Dinosaur King. All I know that it's nice there seems to be a fighting Parasaurolophus in it ;D

John

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on May 24, 2020, 07:53:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 23, 2020, 03:18:50 PM

I see. I am not a fan of that visual dissonance (reminds me of Planet Zoo). And I've never seen Dinosaur King. All I know that it's nice there seems to be a fighting Parasaurolophus in it ;D
That Parasaurolophus also happens to win some of those fights too...sometimes against Spinosaurus of all things!Think of dinosaurs doing Godzilla or Dragonball Z type of kung fu to each other,complete with powers and all. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

HD-man

EDIT: Never mind.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

For what it is, I'm excited to watch it.

Faelrin

There's looking to be more peril then I was expecting. My only concern is how this plays with the timeline established by the film. I definitely am looking forward to watching this. Always wanted an animated Jurassic Park show growing up but never had that chance.

I also had heard rumors of it being pushed back to September so glad to see some confirmation now that is. Hopefully by then more stores will have better stock of the Mattel stuff, including the wave with the Scutosaurus.

Surprised there wasn't a single look at Bumpy in the trailer however (although there is some stills from the show that shows him off).

Some more images and info here, but I'll link some below:

https://www.jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-camp-cretaceous-to-debut-on-netflix-september-18-watch-the-trailer

Poster:

Parasaurolophus (bio-luminescence confirmed and appears similar to the Stegosaurus in the live show. I only wish the Mattel toy went this route):

Edit: And there's the explanation for why the Sinoceratops toy is grey. Looks to be both the green FK one, and this new grey one in this show. Also explains the coloration of the Stegosaurus toy included in the Camp Cretaceous Adventure set.

And unfortunately the raptors are still inaccurate here too/using the same model. Probably a budget issue for sure from the looks of it (though I think that's the norm for Netflix shows made by Dreamworks, if HTTYD Race to Edge was anything to go by, possible pandemic stuff aside):

And some of Bumpy (safe to say the figure in the Camp Cretaceous Adventure set is more accurately scaled then the Attack Pack figure for sure):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mellow Stego

I'm so excited to see this! Bumpy might replace Blue as my favorite character in the JP franchise.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Target mini set has a Para that looks like that.  Hopefully we will get a larger figure of it as well, I mean it's pretty neat.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoxels

I love how cute Bumpy is in the shot of the kids and the Paras. This show seems very kiddy, so I may not watch it. At the very least I am just going to collect some of the Mattel figures  :P  Speaking of which, the three Baryonyx we were promised from the Mattel figures are missing from the trailer and the stills from the show.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Brontozaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2020, 07:39:20 AM
Well, there is this:

Honestly if the metallic bits are meant to be bioluminescence, I'm straight up disappointed. Why couldn't it glow in the dark? I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and I own that toy already!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

The sculpt of that Para is a bit different, but not drastically so.  The mini figure is a translucent white/blue with blue markings.  Maybe this is how it appears in daylight then we will get a larger version of the night time look later.

Sarapaurolophus

These kids look like Sims. I'm gonna watch it regardless because I love cartoons and honestly, kids at the very least deserve to be the protagonists of a franchise that is selling them so much overpriced stuff.
But the human designs and animation will take a lot of time for me getting used to. They just don't mesh well with the dinos who pretty much look like the toys but have textures that remind of the movies. In the scene with the Mosa the Sim characters looked like plastered in front of a JW1 screen ;D

And call me petty but that pink hair on the one girl is still bothering me. She's looking the most simlish with that anime 'do.

Loon

Looks pretty good to me, probably gonna be the best media the JW franchise has ever gotten. The character designs aren't anything special, and I'm fine with that, they look like kids; and besides, it's not like any of the characters in this franchise have ever had the most elaborate designs.

dragon53

CityRaptor

Well, looks like Bumpy's toy will be 1:1 scale at one point and then slowly getting smaller compared to the animated version...makes you wonder how long they are stuck on the island.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 01, 2020, 07:26:55 PM
Well, looks like Bumpy's toy will be 1:1 scale at one point and then slowly getting smaller compared to the animated version...makes you wonder how long they are stuck on the island.

The dinosaurs do have an accelerated growth rate as well if i recall.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: