You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS?

Started by dragon53, March 21, 2019, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 01, 2020, 07:26:55 PM
...makes you wonder how long they are stuck on the island.

Would be rather evil for a kids series to just abandon the children but we never know with this crappy park ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2020, 08:17:11 PM
Well, looks like Bumpy's toy will be 1:1 scale at one point and then slowly getting smaller compared to the animated version...makes you wonder how long they are stuck on the island.

The dinosaurs do have an accelerated growth rate as well if i recall.

Give it a few more movies and these darn dinosaurs will be able to heal themselves.

Loon

Definitely prefer this to the first trailer. I still think the (non-Bumpy) dinosaurs look a little stiff and their designs kinda clash with the humans, though. Also, that van that the one boy's driving in the thumbnail and the trailer really reminds me of an Amazon van.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on September 01, 2020, 08:19:13 PM
Give it a few more movies and these darn dinosaurs will be able to heal themselves.

Well, accelarated growth rate has been a thing for a long time. I mean, Rexy/Roberta was only 5 years old in Jurassic Park. A normal Rex would still be a long-legged, lanky creature at that age.

Well, looks like Bumpy's toy will be 1:1 scale at one point and then slowly getting smaller compared to the animated version...makes you wonder how long they are stuck on the island.

Still, even then it should take some time for her to grow that big.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 01, 2020, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on September 01, 2020, 08:19:13 PM

Well, accelarated growth rate has been a thing for a long time. I mean, Rexy/Roberta was only 5 years old in Jurassic Park. A normal Rex would still be a long-legged, lanky creature at that age.

Still, even then it should take some time for her to grow that big.

I'm not 100% sure how they are handling it, I know things are supposed to go to Chaos about the same time the Indominus Rex breaks free. We could have months leading up to that and then S2 if there is one, could be about them surviving alone..hard to say. 

We know according to the McD's books that Bumpy hatched prematurely in Dr Wu's lab, 3 weeks earlier than all it's siblings so thats why it's an "orphan". Apparently that's also why the horns on his/her? head are different sizes. She wasn't quite done growing in the egg.  It's possible they will say she was given more stimulant to help with growth.

Dinoxels

I'm not expecting any masterpiece here, just a kids show with a few nods to adult watchers. I will admit I am excited to see Toro the Carno in action.
Quote from: Loon on September 01, 2020, 08:30:00 PM
Definitely prefer this to the first trailer. I still think the (non-Bumpy) dinosaurs look a little stiff and their designs kinda clash with the humans, though. Also, that van that the one boy's driving in the thumbnail and the trailer really reminds me of an Amazon van.
I'm not going to unsee that now.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS---co-showrunner Scott Kreamer said Steven Spielberg made sure the Netflix animated series would not be a kiddy show, "When Steven gave the okay for the project, when he gave the final sign-off, his marching orders were, 'Don't do the kiddy version. It needs to feel like it's JURASSIC PARK. It needs to feel like it's JURASSIC WORLD.' And we went for it."

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: dragon53 on September 17, 2020, 06:35:23 PM
"When Steven gave the okay for the project, when he gave the final sign-off, his marching orders were, 'Don't do the kiddy version. It needs to feel like it's JURASSIC PARK. It needs to feel like it's JURASSIC WORLD.' And we went for it."

Some people are gonna crave child teenager death now.

ITdactyl

I'm glad the early reviews are positive. They did say not to expect much depth though. Oh, and to answer the post above, it seems only "adults" get eaten... And offscreen too.

And they're dropping hints of a second season/series... So uh... Dominion tie ins?

Here's toro:
https://youtu.be/KUBHd5b3NPw

Dinoxels

Gotta love how one of the fastest dinosaurs can't catch 2 kids. Glad they put in Carno's bad turning abilities, as that is accurate.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 17, 2020, 10:16:12 PM
They did say not to expect much depth though.

So basically it's pretty consistent with the current franchise.

Einherjar

I enjoyed it, despite being profoundly stupid at times. Like why is a river adventure directly connected to the mosasaur lagoon? That's just absurd. And why are there no guards ik the camp? How can a bunch of kids just get in anywhere like that? It's like there is no security, at all.

Other that that the action was cool, characters were better than I feared, but dinos seemed to vary wildly in size from shot to shot. Stegos looked almost to be as big as the brachiosaurs in some scenes, while the kids looked like ants compared to brachio heads. Kinda oversized .

But yeah, still enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind more. But for some reason it seems like good writers are a dying breed.

Kapitaenosavrvs

DinoToyForum

I watched this out of curiosity. For a children's show it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but five minutes into the second episode I couldn't bear any more. So I scrolled through the rest of the series (there are only eight 20 minute episodes in total) to get the gist and see what all the dinosaurs looked like. I don't think I missed much. Kids might really like it, though.

Dinoxels

Today I watched the entire first season of Camp Creatacous! It was pretty good. Funny how a kids show is better than one of the movies (JW:FK). I will go ahead and get the issues I had with it out of the way first. The first issue I had was the animation for the humans was kinda bad in certain areas, though it was better than I was anticipating. Secondly, sometimes the main characters were a little annoying. Whether it was stupid kids jokes or random corny argguing it was there throughout some of the show. Just gonna list some random nitpicks now, the random bashing of people using social media (I find it weird that this seems to be a trope), Blue randomly showing up as a plot device, the Willy Wonka way Darius got to the camp, the false advertising of Baryonyx showing up in Season 1 (they will probably show up in Season 2), Toro the Carnotaurus being almost invincible while at the same time being super slow, the mocking of "science words", the random barf jokes, among others. But getting to the Pros, the way this was integrated into the plot of Jurassic World was very interesting, although I think they may have accidentally switched some scenes around. Bumpy is god dang adorable, love him so much more than I initially did. I like how they didn't force the T.rex into the show, it's only in the intro. This really makes this feel surprisingly fresh despite the "get off the island" formula. Also, through quick exchanges of dialogue briefly mentioning Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler (not Ellie Degler, interestingly). The mention of Alan Grant also mentions theropod face biting, which is a nice bonus for me. The variety of species in this show is handled much better here than it was in JW:FK, not going through every species at a breakneck pace. Despite this show's younger audience, it doesn't shy away from people getting eaten. I think we hear/see (they have to shelter it a little for the PG rating) like 3 or 4 people die, and we get lots of action scenes. Thankfully, the show knows to take it's time and not force feed action scenes minute by minute. The mention of rival companies trying to make dinosaurs is an interesting insight into what we will see in JW:D. Also loved the quick Spinosaurus cameos through pictures that were shown. The ending is not something I was really expecting, and I am very curious to see what the second season does with the kids being stranded on the island alone. Kind of reminds me of The Swiss Family Robinson, a book I loved as a kid. With the promise of more Dinosaurs as revealed through the new Mattel toys, I am very excited for the second season, whenever that may be. I presume it will be soon, we will probably get news about a second season in the upcoming panel for it at New York comic con. If the upcoming go downhill as they seem to be beginning to do, I will still follow this show as it has a lot of promise. So, I give it 7.5/10.

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Primeval12

I liked it... a lot. Good action, good characters, even some unexpected stuff I really liked!

Spoiler
Toro getting burnt in the end though... Yikes!
[close]

Dinoxels

Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on September 18, 2020, 10:08:43 PM
Spoiler
Toro getting burnt in the end though... Yikes!
[close]
Now it makes sense why the Mattel figure is a dark brown.

Takama

Spoiler
is Sammy's atire a callback to Dennis Nedry?
[close]

Loon

Just finished it, and it was pretty good. Why are the kid shows the best Jurassic World media? Some of the sequences were pretty intense, and honestly, I was more invested in the plot than in any of the recent movies.
Spoiler
I was surprised by the amount of death and people getting eaten, even if it was off screen.
[close]
I also liked the diversity of characters in it. Outside of Battle at Big Rock, people of color are usually relegated to comic relief or sidekicks that disappear near the end of the movie.

My only real issues was the animation at times. Sometimes characters felt like they were floating above the ground and the art style of the dinosaurs and humans really clashed. But, for what's basically tv cg, I think it was overall ok.

Spoiler
Also, loved how they worked in Carnotaurus' turn issues. That was really well executed.
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: