News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Syndicate Bias' collection

Started by Syndicate Bias, March 22, 2019, 09:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Lucas looks so much better now.
Your color choice makes the texture pop out more, which is great.

Would re-painting cause the sculpt to lose its details?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 28, 2019, 09:55:34 PM
Lucas looks so much better now.
Your color choice makes the texture pop out more, which is great.

Would re-painting cause the sculpt to lose its details?

Not really at least most of the details are safe unless if you use Ghesso which is a big mistake due to how thick it is. I learned that the hard way with a model that had finer details. Use a spray can Primer if you want a thin coat to repaint

The Giga is still a work in progress until I add the dry brush/green wash so the top looks more like the original Lucas aside from adding a slight yellow wash to the belly.

Bokisaurus

Nice, I admire you guys for your courage to repaint/touch up these PNSO figures :) When you get your pack of PNSO Giga, are you going to repaint them all or one would be different and will be the Alpha of the pack?
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Syndicate Bias

Thanks Boki I am actually gonna do a gold/olive/green/dark green app for the individual members. This one I wanted him to be the darker one but due to some lighting issues the camera cannot capture it's defined washes and darker dry brushing which is a little bit irritating considering that I cannot see what I actually see on hand in the pictures. I think the closest one is this one

I added darker shades of green if anyone can even tell from the solid gold it used to be

Shonisaurus

Honestly the only problem of the PNSO giganotosaurus are the details of painting since now I have found that without base it stands up correctly and without problems, if it had that artistic touch that you have applied Syndicate Bias, the giganotosaurus would not have any defect in my case although perhaps in my case I prefer other versions in figure of collection and of toy of other marks. But it is a simple appreciation of mine, although it is on par with genius to brands such as Eofauna, Safari or Vitae although obviously they do not have that luxurious base that the PNSO brand of the great paleo artist Zhao Chuang has designed for that spectacular theropod.  :)

Syndicate Bias

Finished!!! Until I decide or if someone has a suggestion I am all for harsh comments on my work  ^-^

And as bonus I shall now post a very poorly lit picture of the alpha predator of my entire collection

Shonisaurus

How have you asked for hard comments The eyes of the giganotosaurus have no pupil, but can be inspired by the acrocanthosaurus of Rebor that lacks a pupil, perhaps because you have interpreted it with this repaint as a nocturnal hunter in the likeness of big cats like lions whose pupils are not appreciated at night  For the rest I think it's a pretty cute figure.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 28, 2019, 10:54:36 AM

Work in progress...

Terrible work. I sprayed the whole thing and redid it again and this time i applied washes and more dry brushing as well as more blending I failed to blend a certain part of the body and head I will see what I can do. As far as progress its almost done I need to know what people meant by painting over something in the feet.

avatar_KeU @KeU  Do you know what it was?

Anyways I quoted the old paint job to compare it to the newer version I still think its bad but it's better I guesssss.  :-[

Lucio is really hard to paint due to how small and flexible he is. Lucas was so much easier.

The white LED lights make the red a little too bright its closer to what the yellow lighting shows in actual in hand to eye.

I approached it with far less paint and lighter coats in between. I hated how the original was too "solid" and not blended well enough.

I might retry the whole process a third time...

After this I'm gonna redo the Carcha model and the PNSO Spino I am not sure as its not terrible but I want a more complex paint app for it.

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias You have been the amargasaurus with a colorful paint and well finished, is very well painted but I think that the dinosaur in real life would have another skin color, although all is supposition or rather speculation with respect to almost all of the extinct dinosaurs.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 18, 2019, 09:16:36 AM
S @Syndicate Bias You have been the amargasaurus with a colorful paint and well finished, is very well painted but I think that the dinosaur in real life would have another skin color, although all is supposition or rather speculation with respect to almost all of the extinct dinosaurs.

I agree with you on that! The paint app is directly inspired by Zhao Chuang's own Amargasaurus which has been changed to an entirely different paint app for mass distribution

As a bonus I will leave Lucio's fate up to Lucas

KeU

There's a Mapusaurus kit announced by Passion Charger Studios.
You might be interested.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on August 20, 2019, 01:46:08 PM
There's a Mapusaurus kit announced by Passion Charger Studios.
You might be interested.

Thanks! I'll be sure to order one soon, finally a good Mapusaurus.

Syndicate Bias

Halzk

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias Right, which model of giganotosaurus does it belong to? Is very pretty

Syndicate Bias

Crecy Models Resin Kit by Sean Cooper painted by Davide Ronchi 😊

https://crecymodels.com/catalogue/giganotosaurus/

I'm thinking about buying two more this is my favourite Giganotosaurus model by far.

I'm getting the Concavenator done by someone else I can't make myself paint it haha. Will post pictures of that one once it's done and if I have any spare on my budget I'll go and grab the Mapusaurus I just gotta find a painter for that one.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.