News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Syndicate Bias' collection

Started by Syndicate Bias, March 22, 2019, 09:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

The Amargasaurus looks exceptional with this color scheme! Great job! I love how the shades of blue, red and yellow appear on the neck!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ceratosaurus

Just thought I'd throw this out there.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 20, 2019, 12:57:32 PM
Wow, it is looking good.
Remember to correct the nail problem too.

What type of paint do you use?
Acrylic?

Acrylic. I got Lucas after all this wait  ;D

Thanks Shonisaurus and Killekor! Its got some work to do i tried to do the sails as best as i could i wont lie it was hard to do it

KeU

So how to you feel about Lucas now that you have him in hand?
Thoughts?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 21, 2019, 01:32:14 AM
So how to you feel about Lucas now that you have him in hand?
Thoughts?

It's honestly as great as i thought it would be. I have an entire gallery of every picture of it from years ago and was not surprised or dissapointed with how the model looked or the base since I already knew how it was gonna look like.

The head isnt as bad of an issue to me but what is its the lips that dont close properly. I'm just keeping mine with an open mouth.

Its not the most accurate Giga but it is the best made to me in terms of texture and pose and size and overall sculpt. I know the Eofauna one and Vitae get alot of praise but they both either lack the texture or one looks very aesthetically awkward and the other looks a little derpy with its mouth closed. Nothing bad but basically I gotta keep them all with their mouths opened lol.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 21, 2019, 06:10:29 PM
Nothing bad but basically I gotta keep them all with their mouths opened lol.

They look better that way anyways. Especially when they're sculpted with lips. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

KeU

It's honestly as great as i thought it would be. I have an entire gallery of every picture of it from years ago and was not surprised or dissapointed with how the model looked or the base since I already knew how it was gonna look like.
The head isnt as bad of an issue to me but what is its the lips that dont close properly. I'm just keeping mine with an open mouth.
Its not the most accurate Giga but it is the best made to me in terms of texture and pose and size and overall sculpt. I know the Eofauna one and Vitae get alot of praise but they both either lack the texture or one looks very aesthetically awkward and the other looks a little derpy with its mouth closed. Nothing bad but basically I gotta keep them all with their mouths opened lol.
Glad that you are liking Lucas.
I kinda like how the mouth is not entirely closed.
Can sort of see the teeth inside. But it's just me.
You are spot on with the sculpt details.
None of the other Giga models come close in terms of the skin texture.

EoFanua
+ Best overall accuracy
+ Most affordable
+ Balances nicely
- Outdated head restoration
- Muted details
- Color choice

Vitae
+ Best head restoration (Not lower jaw though)
+ Good quality base
+ Can stand on its own
- Price
- Soft material used
- Quality issues
- Too large for 1:35

PNSO
+ Best sculpt details
+ Dynamic pose
+ Good paint application
- Unstable
- Not accurate

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 21, 2019, 08:00:12 PM
Glad that you are liking Lucas.
I kinda like how the mouth is not entirely closed.
Can sort of see the teeth inside. But it's just me.
You are spot on with the sculpt details.
None of the other Giga models come close in terms of the skin texture.

EoFanua
+ Best overall accuracy
+ Most affordable
+ Balances nicely
- Outdated head restoration
- Muted details
- Color choice

Vitae
+ Best head restoration (Not lower jaw though)
+ Good quality base
+ Can stand on its own
- Price
- Soft material used
- Quality issues
- Too large for 1:35

PNSO
+ Best sculpt details
+ Dynamic pose
+ Good paint application
- Unstable
- Not accurate

pretty much sums up how i think about all 3 brands. I have Shane Foulke's Giga as well which is my 2nd favourite next to Lucas currently.

Although unstable and not accurate it's still honestly better than Vitae. Eofauna has the nostalgic head reconstruction that I grew up with so it gets a pass since it also embraces the long tail but otherwise it lacks what i look for as you stated in its cons. Still all great figure minus Vitae's. No hate I just can't stand the quality issues with it unlike the other two.

I'm not forgetting WS or Carneige Gigas either since i own them. But they are on another level of discussion since they aren't much for showcasing.

KeU

Agreed.
Apart from your PNSO figures, the SF Giganotosaurus and MM Carcharodontosaurus are the stars of your display.
Just spectacular.
Are you repainting the SF Giga?

By the way, how does Rebor compare to PNSO. I am sorta interested in their Spinosaurus. But not too hot on their clown feet. The ones on Hercules are really distracting.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on May 22, 2019, 02:51:15 AM
Agreed.
Apart from your PNSO figures, the SF Giganotosaurus and MM Carcharodontosaurus are the stars of your display.
Just spectacular.
Are you repainting the SF Giga?

By the way, how does Rebor compare to PNSO. I am sorta interested in their Spinosaurus. But not too hot on their clown feet. The ones on Hercules are really distracting.

Thanks! I am not currently I might in the future as far as a repaint goes since right now the Spino and Amarga are still unfinished.

Ill be buying 2 more Gigas so I will have a pack them. As far as any other projects I have the Giga and my MO Models Torvosaurus.

As for Rebor what are you looking for?

Rebor has the best consistent quality from box art to figure paint apps and I believe their dinos are made of poly resin or just some other heavy and hard plastic. As far as Articulation goes they are the best at it. Their mouths open and close tightly and snappy so you never have to worry about loose jaws.

Now compared to PNSO they are hit or miss for me. Mainly due to their newer models embracing the same copy paste scale stamping and oversized feet. The only releases I am interested in from them are the accurate Spino and Rex and that's about it for anything worthwhile from them except those two will be vinyl

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 22, 2019, 05:30:59 PM
Thanks! I am not currently I might in the future as far as a repaint goes since right now the Spino and Amarga are still unfinished.
Ill be buying 2 more Gigas so I will have a pack them. As far as any other projects I have the Giga and my MO Models Torvosaurus.
As for Rebor what are you looking for?
Rebor has the best consistent quality from box art to figure paint apps and I believe their dinos are made of poly resin or just some other heavy and hard plastic. As far as Articulation goes they are the best at it. Their mouths open and close tightly and snappy so you never have to worry about loose jaws.
Now compared to PNSO they are hit or miss for me. Mainly due to their newer models embracing the same copy paste scale stamping and oversized feet. The only releases I am interested in from them are the accurate Spino and Rex and that's about it for anything worthwhile from them except those two will be vinyl
Thanks for the info.
I was looking at the accurate Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. Didn't realize they will be vinyl.

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias It is precious the PNSO giganotosaurus (if so, the PNSO giganotosaurus with that repainted, surely my critical opinions about this dinosaur would vary). On the other hand, the repainted amargasaurus from PNSO is very cool. I congratulate you for your repainting are authentic works of art comparable in genius to Martin Garratt.  8)

KeU

Wowzers!
I have much to learn.
Lucio is looking good.
Fantastic choice of colors on the neck.
Nailed it on Lucas.
More pictures of him please.

Ceratosaurus

Looks great. Now you have your own PNSO original paint schemes collection.

Killekor

I'm really impressed by how you've improving both figures repainting them, S @Syndicate Bias !! They're both amazing :o!
I love the color choice of the Amargasaurus, and how the colors are combined! In particular that turquoise head gives to the entire sculpt a striking look!
But it didn't amaze me as the Giganotosaurus! Only now that I see it repainted I understand how bad was it's original paint job. They look almost two different figures!

So, congratulations for your wonderful job, which really bought up the best qualities of those PNSO's!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Jose S.M.

The Amargasaurus looks gorgeous! Great work. I also like your Giga repaint better than the original one.

Syndicate Bias

Terrible first try

After I repainted it entirely and made it look cleaner

Thanks guys I ended up repainting it due to how dirty it was and how pale in yellow in was so I went back to the drawing board and added alot of shading and a new coat of yellow that was darker and more golden like aside from brown shades and redoing the patterns to be skinnier and less noticeable than what i had aside from switching them to dark brown instead of black

Nimravus

Amazing job on the Giganotosaurus! It looks terrific! The Amarga looks extraordinary as well!

Halichoeres

That's a great repaint on Lucas! Well done.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: