News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PWRXerXes's sculptures

Started by PWRXerXes, April 15, 2019, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWRXerXes

I need a little help... I use cernit clay.
T rex cracks always in the same places. I fix it then heat it and it ... cracks.
It is so heavy (1.5kg) that legs spread a little and it cracks.
I fixed it 4 times... I even screw in the screw but it doesn't help :/
Any solutions? Is it worth to try fix it? Or it is better to start a new one with heavier skeleton?

Here is my second work Smilodon populator. It is a lot smaller - its spine length is 15cm

PWRXerXes

Sabertooth next update
The other side

Torso is next

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It looks very promising. Looks much better than the Rebor already I think
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 06, 2020, 09:08:42 PM

Say your compliments but please don't mention others' works. We are people too and we have feelings.

suspsy

That T. rex looks like it's coming along nicely!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PWRXerXes

Quote from: suspsy on March 09, 2020, 02:57:18 PM
That T. rex looks like it's coming along nicely!

T rex needs some fix :/ or a new start. It has light skeleton and starts cracking:/ polymer clay just cracks in few places and only way to fix it is epoxy I think, BUT i am aware that epoxy cant be threatened with 130°C

PWRXerXes

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 06, 2020, 09:08:42 PM
Thx:)

Shonisaurus

I want to see your finished paleoartistic work I am sure that it will be an outstanding figure as I always say.

PWRXerXes

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 09, 2020, 07:23:47 PM
I want to see your finished paleoartistic work I am sure that it will be an outstanding figure as I always say.
There is also little update
Front limb with more fur

And torso

Justin_

Quote from: PWRXerXes on March 09, 2020, 03:59:41 PM
T rex needs some fix :/ or a new start. It has light skeleton and starts cracking:/ polymer clay just cracks in few places and only way to fix it is epoxy I think, BUT i am aware that epoxy cant be threatened with 130°C

Milliput is heat resistant up to 130°C according to their website:https://www.milliput.com/howto.html  (Fourth paragraph down.)
I've made small moulds with milliput which I bake with sculpey in at 130°C without problems. I think the really strong epoxy putties for things like plumbing repairs can take higher temperatures but they usually only have a 5 minute working time.

Polymer clays can crack because they got too hot but sometimes because they didn't get hot enough. I would try and find a forum for people the specialize in using cernit. It isn't very common here in the UK but I know it is popular with doll makers because of the flesh tones it is available in.

PWRXerXes

Shonisaurus

There is that smilodon already taking an interesting shape. It will be great to see what the final sculpture looks like with your painting.

PWRXerXes

Next update but still with no ears nor teeth and other details

PWRXerXes

New t rex is coming. I hope this one won't crack:)
I start using milliput epoxy instead of polymer clay. Clay is gray and epoxy is yellow.

Tyto_Theropod

I have no idea why hardly anyone's commented here yet. You have some real talent!  Nice work with all the tiny detail on the T. rex, and I love the fluid pose of your Smilodon.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

PWRXerXes

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on September 10, 2020, 01:22:17 PM
I have no idea why hardly anyone's commented here yet. You have some real talent!  Nice work with all the tiny detail on the T. rex, and I love the fluid pose of your Smilodon.

Shonisaurus

By the way, are you going to sell your prehistoric animal figures in any store? You have a talent for making a mark of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals from resin and / or toys.

PWRXerXes

I am not the seller or buisenessman ;D
I just make it because I like it. If anybody would like to buy it I could make resin casting:)

DinoToyForum

Very nice work. Something about your style is reminiscent of Forest Rogers' Carnegie Collections sculpts. That's a compliment, by the way!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: