News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Who makes Irritator?

Started by brontosauruschuck, June 08, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontosauruschuck

I realized I didn't have an Irritator in my collection, so to remedy that, I just ordered the Collecta. Are they really the only toy company that makes an Irritator? That seems heretical.

CityRaptor

Well, keep in mind that the niche for "sail less Spinosauroid" is mostly filled by Baryonyx and/or Suchomimus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

The irritator is a very underrepresented figure I only know in my case that of Collecta. On the other hand I am angry with the Collecta brand around that figure since their catalogs promised that they would market an irritator with a fixed base for years and that figure is not yet for sale.

At least if the irrititator of Collecta is going to be unfortunately the only referent that I have of that dinosaur would want to be sold the version with fixed base that shows the company Collecta in his photographs, for me that is frustrating with base would look much better .

It is a pity that for market reasons dinosaur toy brands have excessively represented species of dinosaurs that are repeated over the years according to their sales success and other dinosaurs are unprecedented in the toy market and even resin collection . That's what happens with the irritator and honestly if the spinosaurus, baryonyx or suchomimus are successful, why do not they do the irritator? It is from the same family and I think it would be successful in the market if figures of good quality and with an acceptable size were made.

I believe that a company will not risk money if it markets the irritator, on the contrary I understand that it can provide economic benefits because the carnivorous theropods have a superior sales success than the herbivorous dinosaurs and more if those theropods are large as the irritator.

Killekor

Kayakasaurus made an Irritator for it's Protocasts line, if you're interested in resin figures.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

RobinGoodfellow

Irritator by IluzerArt's :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=484K2dIE6Oc

( http://iluzerarts.blogspot.com/ )

Irritator by Protocast (Kayakasaurus) :

..and the CollectA one..

:)

Jose S.M.

The Protocast one is a great sculpture!  as for mass produced ones I only know the CollectA one and it's not  a bad figure, the only dowside are the pronated wrist but for people that can overlook that, it's a good option.

Shonisaurus

The irritator of kayakasaurus is a very well-made Killekor figure. Thanks for the info!

On the other hand the irritant of IluzerArt's looks great, the same can be said of the Protocast irritator Thanks for the links with the photos Robin! They are honest and beautiful figures honestly.

I the only irritator I knew was Collecta.

Halichoeres

Even with only one or two figures, Irritator is better represented than the overwhelming majority of prehistoric creatures, almost all of which have exactly zero representations.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2019, 06:41:59 PM
Even with only one or two figures, Irritator is better represented than the overwhelming majority of prehistoric creatures, almost all of which have exactly zero representations.

In spite of this being a very obvious conclusion to draw from this thread, I still, somehow, didn't reach it until you posted it.  ;D :P

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2019, 06:41:59 PM
The sad truth, but who's going to make them?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ikessauro

The best one is about to become reality! Dino Hazard Irritator has been anounced officially in the Brazilian campaign, it surely will be available for international collectors in the future! By the way, the texture in the back and neck is meant to represent some sort of scale type, not feathers or filaments, as some might think. More details to come soon.

SBell

There is also a small one made by Bandai for a Dinosaur King set. I used to have them, until I traded it recently with avatar_UK @UK

So I don't have it anymore, but here is a photo (I really hope it works...):

And, in case you're wondering, it's very hard to find. Which is why UK needed to trade for it!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.