News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys of all time! The original poll has been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted in the previous stegosaur poll.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Email notifications not working

Started by Halichoeres, July 19, 2019, 05:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this, but I no longer get email notifications when I get a pm or a mention on the forum. I've checked my spam folder and the social and promotion tabs, so I'm not sure what else I can do on my end. Anybody else having this problem?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 19, 2019, 05:12:27 AM
I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this, but I no longer get email notifications when I get a pm or a mention on the forum. I've checked my spam folder and the social and promotion tabs, so I'm not sure what else I can do on my end. Anybody else having this problem?

As of a couple of days ago when I last had a message, my notifications are still working fine.

DinoToyCollector

I have the same problem I noticed some days ago. There were some messages and mentions but I got no notification via email.

Shonisaurus

I do not receive email notifications for example with messages @ anonymous
I do receive notifications by dinotoyblog.com emails of the new dinosaur figures.

Halichoeres

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I double checked my forum message settings, and they definitely indicate that I should always receive an email notification. Any ideas, admin/mods?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

It doesn't look like I've been receiving them recently either (I was last sent a notification on February 13).

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the heads up, I'll investigate...

khallam

Im new to the forum and have not received any notifications to a PM or mention - being new I was not aware you get such thing! :)

PlesiosaurusNessy

K @khallam is right, my first PM to him went lost in the Internet universe/space...

Today evening, DinoToyCollector wrote me, that he got to read my PM to him days later, because he hadn´t got any email notification for that...

And I wrote a PM to you, Dinotoyforum/Dr Admin a few days ago, because I wanted to help you identify one of your toy plesiosaurs from your
gallery from The Plesiosaur Directory, perhaps this PM went lost, too, I don´t know, what is happening inside the crazy internet at the moment...
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

DinoToyForum

I'm really stuck with this. I've done a considerable amount of troubleshooting but the problem persists. I'm reasonably confident a server setting must've been changed (i.e, it is not a problem with the forum) but it all seems in order when I investigate. Any tech-savvy readers have any ideas how to fix this problem?

DinoToyForum

I think I'm onto something...everyone having a problem with email notification is using gmail, right?
Is anyone not using gmail having a problem?
Is anyone at all still receiving email notifications?

Shonisaurus

I use gmail and I don't receive notifications from other forum members. Mr. Administrator.  :(

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 28, 2019, 03:59:12 PM
I use gmail and I don't receive notifications from other forum members. Mr. Administrator.  :(

I think gmail may be the culprit. Maybe some non-gmail users can chime in to let us know if they are still receiving email notifications?

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 28, 2019, 04:02:52 PM

I think gmail may be the culprit. Maybe some non-gmail users can chime in to let us know if they are still receiving email notifications?

I receive notifications and am not a gmail user.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 28, 2019, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 28, 2019, 04:02:52 PM

I receive notifications and am not a gmail user.

Aha! Then gmail is the culprit, as I suspected! Thanks for the info, very helpful. Now I can focus on finding a resolution for the problem gmail users (including me) are experiencing...

DinoToyCollector

Okay this is making no sense to me. I checked all my settings in (Yes!) gmail and there are no filters, blockings or similar things. The last notification I received was on 1st May 2019. I will have a very close look on my settings here on the forum again and will report If I find something :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 28, 2019, 06:11:47 PM
Okay this is making no sense to me. I checked all my settings in (Yes!) gmail and there are no filters, blockings or similar things. The last notification I received was on 1st May 2019. I will have a very close look on my settings here on the forum again and will report If I find something :)

Don't worry avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , it isn't users' problem to fix, it is mine. I think it is something to do with this: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33786
...which I need to arrange for my domain to allow mail to be delivered to gmail accounts.

Ravonium

I was recently mentioned in a post, and, at least from my end, the email notification system is working again!  :D

Testing this for avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and K @khallam

DinoToyCollector

Yes, I received an email for this notification! Perfect! What has happened?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium In my case I also receive email notifications again. Thank you.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.