News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which figure would you save?

Started by ITdactyl, August 06, 2019, 02:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Not counting your holy grails and white whales (ie the figures you are still actively hunting)...

...if you were (hypothetically) asked to part with your entire (current) collection save for one figure, what figure would you choose to keep and why?

Mine's the Tyco Dino-Riders quetzalcoatlus. Despite being outdated, it is the first figure that sparked my pterosaur centric paleo collection.

'Would love to hear your stories.

Ravonium

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 06, 2019, 02:22:59 PM
...white whales (ie the figures you are still actively hunting)...
Never heard that phrase before :-\

To answer your question, I'd keep the Kaiyodo Yi qi, as it's probably the rarest figure I currently have.

Jose S.M.

White whales I think it's a reference to Moby Dick? Anyway I would save my Favorite Saurolophus. It's rare (not as much as before they offered it last time
two years ago I think, but still rare for people without contacts like Brett) and took me a while to get it. Plus is one of the more graceful hadrosaurs around.

RobinGoodfellow

No doubt about that, the very first figure I collected as a child: Orsenigo Triceratops from NHM of Milano  O:-)

Shonisaurus

For me the figure that would never separate me would be the palorchestes of Play Visions and the uintatherium of the same brand. Well ... in general of all the figures of Play Visions and Battat (Boston Museum) but perhaps my favorite is the palorchestes of Play Visions. It is a mammal that I always dreamed of having it in my collection and it still seems a lie to have it on my shelves. It is perhaps my favorite.  :)

ITdactyl

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium , avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M.  Beat me to the reply. That was indeed in reference to Moby Dick, the white whale that Ahab hunted with obsession.  I'm sure we all have that one figure we're still chasing, but I'd rather hear stories about the figures you already own.

And i'm enjoying the replies. Thank you.

Halichoeres

The Diictodon that avatar_Mr. Challenger @Mr. Challenger sculpted:

Some other pieces in my collection would be hard to replace, but this one is the only one of its kind, so literally irreplaceable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

One of a kind and incredibly adorable! I totally understand why you chose it.

Mr. Challenger

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 07, 2019, 12:05:46 AM
The Diictodon that avatar_Mr. Challenger @Mr. Challenger sculpted:

Oh! Thank you for that! ^^

Mellow Stego

I'm so new to this collecting  thing that I really have nothing old and unique.
I do have an absolute fav that I can chose. :)

Nothing crazy, but it is my favorite.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

My original size Corythosaurus baby by Bernd Wolters design which I dubbed "Cora".

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Ah, the million dollar question  :))
For me it would be my Battat Diplodocus figure.
To this day, it remains my favorite and for sentimental reasons that it was the one figure that really pushed me to seriously start collecting dinosaurs figures  ;) ;)

BlueKrono

My robins egg blue Marx Kronosaurus, of course.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Syndicate Bias

Why my Mo Models Carcharodontosaurus Resin Kit ofcourse

ceratopsian

Such a difficult choice!  I suspect I would stand in my model room frozen with indecision as it began to smoulder round me! Unexpectedly for me with my confirmed preference for herbivores, my initial thought was Bingni's fabulous Sinornithosaurus. It is beautiful in itself but it also reminds me of the excitement as I began to explore for the first time kits from the previously closed book of China. And I was so lucky to secure this one as it was virtually sold out and I got the last kit available!  But on second thoughts, that just loses out by a hair's breadth to my Achelousaurus by Lu Feng Shan, which was also painted by Martin Garratt. I love all my ceratopsians and this one in particular for the peace and calm security of the scene.

Piltdown 龍

Mattel Jurassic World Extreme Chompin' Tyrannosaurus rex   ;D
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Funk

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 06, 2019, 02:22:59 PM
Mine's the Tyco Dino-Riders quetzalcoatlus. Despite being outdated, it is the first figure that sparked my pterosaur centric paleo collection.
Funny you should mention that, it's the first one of mine that came to mind, but sadly its jaws were badly broken by my littlebrother...

Gwangi

It's gotta be the Tyco Brontosaurus for me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: