News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie collection web site updates

Started by Dinoguy2, September 20, 2019, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

SidB

Awesome - first chance that I can grab, I"ll update the relevant figures in my collection.

Leyster

Amazing! Now it looks like only the new Brachiosaurus is left. The latest Carnegie releases were truly amazing, sadly they found me in a time of hiatus from collecting.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Leyster on April 05, 2020, 10:28:27 AM
Amazing! Now it looks like only the new Brachiosaurus is left. The latest Carnegie releases were truly amazing, sadly they found me in a time of hiatus from collecting.

Yup, new Brach and new Spino are the only pages I still have no entries for.

Of course, then I have to start posting full reviews! They'll be going into a separate link next to each replica on the main Models page.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Leyster

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 05, 2020, 11:15:40 AM

Of course, then I have to start posting full reviews! They'll be going into a separate link next to each replica on the main Models page.
That's awesome. Each brand should deserve a blog like yours!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Kapitaenosavrvs

Great Work!

i can't help, but i love this retro marine Animal Display. Never saw that. The Carnegie Collection was not very prominent in Germany, back in the Day.

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on April 05, 2020, 02:48:00 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 05, 2020, 11:15:40 AM

That's awesome. Each brand should deserve a blog like yours!
There was the site The Realm of Rubber Dinosaurs. Quite good, but gone now.

EmmaLVV

I've got a Carnegie Protoceratops (1988) that doesn't seem to fit into either version 1 or 2 camp on your site.

It's got the paint job of version 2, but has the Miami, FL and Made in China on the bottom like version 1. Writing is really sharp too. ???

Dinoguy2

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 27, 2020, 04:37:56 PM
I've got a Carnegie Protoceratops (1988) that doesn't seem to fit into either version 1 or 2 camp on your site.

It's got the paint job of version 2, but has the Miami, FL and Made in China on the bottom like version 1. Writing is really sharp too. ???

Good to know, thanks! I'll add your version to the site. I'm assuming it comes in between the two versions I have, after they switched the paint but before they altered the mold.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 27, 2020, 09:17:54 PM

Good to know, thanks! I'll add your version to the site. I'm assuming it comes in between the two versions I have, after they switched the paint but before they altered the mold.

Need pictures?

Dinoguy2

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 27, 2020, 09:49:23 PM

Need pictures?

I'd love pictures if you can post them! Otherwise you can email to dactyl.terrible@ gmail . com

And please let me know how you would like the pictures credited (name, links, etc.). Thanks!

Leyster

D @Dinoguy2 I noticed you added the 2009 Spinosaurus, congratulations!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Leyster on June 28, 2020, 09:42:47 AM

Thanks! I was waiting to add it until I actually had one. Got it in a lot of mostly junk a few weeks ago for $35, luckily it's ok condition.

Also excited to finally be able to add my own photos of the catalog version spotted T. rex. I lost bidding on one last week that ended up going for $100. This one popped up for buy it now yesterday at $18 😳 Not in pristine condition but can't beat that!

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 27, 2020, 10:39:38 PM
Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 27, 2020, 09:49:23 PM

Need pictures?

I'd love pictures if you can post them! Otherwise you can email to dactyl.terrible@ gmail . com

And please let me know how you would like the pictures credited (name, links, etc.). Thanks!

Emailing you now!  ;D

Dinoguy2

Ikessauro

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 28, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

Thanks! I was waiting to add it until I actually had one. Got it in a lot of mostly junk a few weeks ago for $35, luckily it's ok condition.

Also excited to finally be able to add my own photos of the catalog version spotted T. rex. I lost bidding on one last week that ended up going for $100. This one popped up for buy it now yesterday at $18 😳 Not in pristine condition but can't beat that!

Wow, what a lucky find! That one that sold for over a 100 was my doing  ;D ;D I still don't regret paying a lot for it. It seemed like in quite good condition. I hope it arrives soon, I"m excited to see it in person. It seemed to be pretty rare, but again, I didn't know it existed untill a while ago and during the few months I have been looking for it, yours is the third one I have seen. So it might not be that rare afterall.

CityRaptor

Whoah. I'm glad that I'm not a completist. I mean 100 is a lot for a single figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 28, 2020, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 28, 2020, 11:09:21 AM

Wow, what a lucky find! That one that sold for over a 100 was my doing  ;D ;D I still don't regret paying a lot for it. It seemed like in quite good condition. I hope it arrives soon, I"m excited to see it in person. It seemed to be pretty rare, but again, I didn't know it existed untill a while ago and during the few months I have been looking for it, yours is the third one I have seen. So it might not be that rare afterall.

Congrats! It definitely looked like it was in perfect condition. My $18 one is a grade C at best. I don't mind paying more for a rare figure that pristine. I recently got the orange version for $70 - the one I had from a cheap lot was in very poor condition and this one is spotless.

It definitely is weird to see two of those catalog rexes up for sale so close together. Not sure if that has anything to do with it's rarity or just coincidence, or maybe people are realizing now that they're sought after so more will come on the market? Kind of like the Invicta Lambeosaurus. It's rare, yes, but not exactly super hard to find, as long as you're willing to pay...

My new challenge is seeking out the versions featured in the early Schleich catalogs. Most seem to be a lot more common in Germany.

CityRaptor

Probably not much of a surprise, given that Schleich is a German company.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: