You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

[IMAGE HEAVY] BOTM Ceratopsian Series Packaging Art Reference Thread

Started by Ravonium, October 15, 2019, 05:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Since forum member avatar_suspsy @suspsy has requested it, I've decided to start a topic dedicated to the packaging art that David Silva has commissioned for the Beasts Of The Mesozoic Ceratopsian Line.

Here's all that's been revealed so far:

Zuniceratops:

(Jax Jocson and Carlo Arellano)

Monclonius/Juvenile Centrosaurus:

(Ezra Tucker)

Juvenile Triceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Styracosaurus:

Chasmosaurus:

(Shannon Beaumont)

Diabloceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Nasutoceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Protoceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Psittacosaurus:

Medusaceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Einiosaurus:

(Raul Ramos)

Regaliceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Avaceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Wendiceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Kosmoceratops:

(Shannon Beaumont)

(Adult) Centrosaurus:

Spicylpeus:

(Shannon Beaumont)

Pachyrhinosaurus:

(Raul Ramos)

Xenoceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Albertaceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Sinoceratops:

(Raul Ramos)

Utahceratops:

(Shannon Beaumont)

Pentaceratops:

(Shannon Beaumont)

Adult Triceratops:

(RJ Palmer)

Torosaurus:

(Raul Ramos)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Updated original post with artwork of Utahceratops and Pentaceratops.

ZoPteryx

I love how David's gone all out with the package art for his projects.  Really makes it that much more special.

Ravonium

Updated original post with the Torosaurus artwork.

Now that everything relevant has been revealed, which of the pieces listed here is everyone's favourite? Mine's the packaging art for the Utahceratops, becuase of the Mirarce featured within it

Flaffy

Mine is the Sinoceratops. As it reminds me of Walking With Dinosaurs ep 6 "Death of a Dynasty" swamp scene with the dead trees.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on October 17, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
Updated original post with the Torosaurus artwork.

Now that everything relevant has been revealed, which of the pieces listed here is everyone's favourite? Mine's the packaging art for the Utahceratops, becuase of the Mirarce featured within it

For similar reasons, I like the Chasmosaurus. Loving the trionychid in the foreground.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I was honestly thinking about that as well.

Hard for me to pick a favorite as I like them all for different reasons (species, scenery, critters, etc), but I'll have to go with the Monoclonius one done by Ezra Tucker. It's just a fantastic throwback to not only the Dino Riders line of course, but just reminds me of some of the earliest dinosaur art I've seen which tended to feature erupting volcano's and/or lush vegetation, which brought me to a mysterious and primordial world that was so much different from our world today, aside from the ancient massive reptilian beasts that once roamed the land, and are obviously missing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Most of the ceratopsians appear to be striking a pose,  it I like how the Spiclypeus is simply scratching its head against a bank. It comes off as the most natural-looking animal out of all of them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Interesting choices so far guys.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2019, 04:33:54 PM
For similar reasons, I like the Chasmosaurus. Loving the trionychid in the foreground.

Yeah, that one's also good in the regard of minor animals (same goes for the packaging art for Spiclypeus and Pentaceratops).

Bokisaurus

Very beautiful artworks by some really talented artist. They really compliment the figures.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.