News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Another dinosaur I'd like from Safari is Edmontonia!

profnik

Extinct Animals Toobs:
Dodo bird
Woolly mammoth (Replaces by Prehistoric life Toobs)
Passenger pigeon
Quagga
Steller's seacow
Giant moa
Baiji dolphin
Aurochs
Great auk
Tasmanian tiger or Thylacine

just like groovy tube book gone extinct and club extinct figurines .

But their the new Emoji dodo bird & woolly mammoth both of them my favorite are coming this fall 2020 that I saw it on Facebook and the article last week ago.

https://www.stuff.tv/news/woolly-mammoth-italian-hand-gesture-and-trans-flag-are-among-117-new-emojis-2020

Tiktaalik figurines

An also Paleozoic Toobs means life before the dinosaurs. So i already have the Cambrian ERA Toobs at home. So that's was the Cambrian ERA Toobs was retired That I saw it on the safari Ltd website for final sale.
Hopefully someday Safari Ltd will make extinct animals Toobs with dodo bird figurines and Paleozoic sets 1 & 2
https://store.safariltd.com/products/toobs-cambrian-life-figurines-677104

Paleozoic Toobs set 1:
Tiktaalik
Dunkleosteus
Anomalocaris (Replaces by Cambrian ERA toobs)
Diplocaulus
Meganeura
Ichthyostega
Dimetrodon
Arthropleura
Tully monster or Tullimonstrum
Sea Scoprion (Eurypterid or Pterygotus)

Paleozoic Toobs set 2:
Hallucigenia
Guiyu Oneiros
Acanthostega
Opabinia
Cephalaspis
Hylonomus
Gorgonops
Cameroceras
Scutosaurus
Moschops

Good Luck Mini:
Saber-tooth tiger
Trilobites & Ammonites
Mosasaurus

Good Luck Mini Prehistoric Fun Pack:
Woolly mammoth
Velociraptor
Trilobite
Saber-tooth tiger
Ammonite
Mosasaurus
Pterosaur
Dimetrodon

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on February 16, 2020, 10:22:30 PM
I would like that one as well!

Faelrin

avatar_profnik @profnik I like your thinking because before I checked this out, I had just made a request to Safari Ltd for some Paleozoic Toobs over on instagram, and through a new(?) survey they have.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ttIfGAy8r/

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/safari-feedback

Here is what I posted:

QuoteI took the survey. I really hope you could return to making prehistoric Toobs. In particular I would love to see a prehistoric amphibian and early tetrapod one (Diplocaulus, Ichthyostega, Prionosuchus, Tiktaalik, etc), a sea scorpion/eurypterid one, if not a Paleozoic one in general. I think Paleozoic animals are severely lacking in the toy market (outside of Dimetrodon, and Dunkleosteus), and would love to see more made and I think Toobs are a good way to get a lot of species out there all at once. Additionally they could be good for educational purposes to teach about the interesting life before dinosaurs, and evolution as well (especially early tetrapods Ichthyostega and the fishapod Tiktaalik). I have your Cambrian Life and Prehsitoric Sharks Toobs, and Inostrancevia, and Scutosaurus in my collection, and they are definitely some of the best if not only figures for some of the species made in those.

avatar_Sim @Sim I'd like to see Edmontonia as well. That one is long over due for a new figure (but then again so are most of the Dinosaur Park formation animals such as Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus, and of course Centrosaurus, and Chasmosaurus).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Safari needs an arrhinoceratops is a ceraptoside very little represented in the toy and even collectibles market and deserves a better representation.

On the other hand totally agree a chasmosaurus is necessary. I am a follower of the chasmosaurus.

On the other hand we need a torosaurus and a pentaceratops. For me, those four ceratopsides should be represented by the Safari brand. I don't want to say in the same year but in the next few years Safari could make a paleoartistic representation in figures of those four rare ceraptosides in the toy market.

On the other hand a kosmoceratops, machairoceratops or a medusaceratops would be interesting to do them.

Other interesting ceratopsids are the centrosaurus and the protoceratops whose figure is beginning to be marketed fortunately. They are two well-known dinosaurs within the paleontological point of view.

austrosaurus

Edmontonia would be nice, there hasn't been a good one since the original Battat.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: austrosaurus on February 19, 2020, 07:36:29 AM
Edmontonia would be nice, there hasn't been a good one since the original Battat.

Also the edmontonia of the AAA brand is not bad. It is perhaps not a great figure like Battat but falls within the acceptable and positive. There is another figure of Edmontonia by Schleich and Collecta and both are quite good representations in my opinion.

SidB

Quote from: austrosaurus on February 19, 2020, 07:36:29 AM
Up here in Toronto, the old Battat Edmontonia is almost common in the thrift shops. Whenever I find a Battat, it's frequently one of these. Sure would like to see what Doug's sculpt of one would look like though. I'd hope that it would be in the 1/35 scale.

Daspletodave

I think Safari will include a new ceratopsian in next year's releases.

SidB

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 20, 2020, 07:44:41 PM
That would seem likely. This year broke the pattern by the absence of one in the lineup.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 20, 2020, 07:44:41 PM

I would like a protoceratops, chasmosaurus, centrosaurus, medusaceratops, kosmoceratops, torosaurus, pentaceratops or arrhinoceratops. I hope he makes one of my predictions in the event that Safari and therefore Doug Watson make a new ceraptoside next year.

Sim

There was no new ceratopsian in 2016 as well.  I'm glad there wasn't one for 2020, a break from them was needed for more diversity.  Also the fact that Safari's excellent Nasutoceratops has been retired makes me wonder if it got to the point where there was too many ceratopsids in the line.  By that I mean there was too many similar animals and they competed with each other to the point where something just no longer sold well enough.

suspsy

I'm happy with not getting a ceratopsian next year if it means we get another stegosaur or ankylosaur instead. I want my damn Zuul toy already.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

austrosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2020, 01:01:04 AM
I'm happy with not getting a ceratopsian next year if it means we get another stegosaur or ankylosaur instead. I want my damn Zuul toy already.
We can have both! But I agree that a new thyreophoran would be much preferred.

Sim

Currently there's only three thyreophorans in the Wild Safari line (Sauropelta, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus) while there's 8 ceratopsians (Vagaceratops, Diabloceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Einiosaurus, Psittacosaurus, Triceratops, Regaliceratops, Styracosaurus).  Including retired figures adds one to each (Kentrosaurus and Nasutoceratops).  I would prefer to see new thyreophorans instead of new ceratopsians which there's much more of in the Wild Safari line.  It would be amazing if Safari made two new thyreophorans for 2021, they definitely need more representation as the WS line currently only has one each of stegosaur, ankylosaurid and nodosaurid.  A bipedal Scelidosaurus could be nice too!

Shonisaurus

I would like a miragaia and an euplocephalus of the genus tyrophor, both figures only have them in Carnegie and are unfortunately discontinued. I hope that one day maybe next year 2021 Safari will reissue those two species of tyrophorus or similar dinosaurs. I would also like a borealopelta.

austrosaurus

Euoplocephalus would be a nice addition, but since they've only recently done a new Ankylosaurus I don't see another ankylosaurid coming in the next couple of years at least. I would say Borealopelta, Tuojiangosaurus, a new Kentrosaurus or, if they did do an ankylosaurid, Zuul would be more likely.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim You've certainly raised a good point here. They are really lacking in thyreophorans. Hopefully we get more in the coming years. On that note they could use more ornithopods too (but well at least we did just get that beautiful Edmontosaurus this year, but with the Gryposaurus retired, now the Edmontosaurus, the Parasaurolophus, and Iguanodon are all that's left).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Following the thread I would like a tsintaosaurus, saurolophus, corythosaurus, hypacrosaurus, lambeosaurus, olorotitan or a velafrons. They are little treated lambeosaurid dinosaurs in the toy market and they need more representation.

CarnotaurusKing

Saltasaurus
Edmontonia
Brachiosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Corythosaurus/Lambeosaurus
Daspletosaurus/Tarbosaurus/Gorgosaurus/Albertosaurus
Alioramus
Tyrannosaurus
Kosmoceratops
Utahceratops
Utahraptor
Livyatan
Basilosaurus
Palaeoloxodon namadicus/recki
Majungasaurus/Rajasaurus/Aucasaurus
Sachicasaurus
Hatzegopteryx
Razanandrongobe
Maiasaura
Piatnizkysaurus
Confuciusornis
Panthera speleae
Bahariasaurus/Deltadromeus
Xiphactinus
Dolichorhynchops
Cryptoclidus
Megalosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: