News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

Quote from: Jose S.M. on September 30, 2020, 04:43:08 PM
Safari just announced on their Facebook they are going to reveal new figures for 2021 soon!

I think this is my favourite time of the year. I'm biting at the bit waiting for the 2021 announcement.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I am a bit hyped. I try to expect nothing.

Stegotyranno420

I made a very opinionated video of my safari Ltd wishlist
Here it is. Hope you like it
https://youtu.be/t66IujXgYwY

Loon

I wouldn't mind a new Desmatosuchus or Shonisaurus; really any Triassic animals would be welcome. I wouldn't mind an update of the Acrocanthosaurus, but it's not really a priority for me. I'd rather see a new species. My main hope, as always, will be extinct mammals.

John

I wouldn't mind seeing Pterodactylus antiquus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Given the announcement, I'll put mine in before the new figures are revealed.

Dinornis or Pachyornis
Olenellus
Rutiodon
Arthropleura
Eryops
Bothriolepis
Hyneria or Rhizodus
Megaloceros
Basilosaurus
Centrosaurus
Placerias
Columbian Mammoth
Plateosaurus
Lepidodendron (very wishful thinking given the status of their plant series)

It's a bit of a list but it would be nice to see some of these species from Safari.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Shonisaurus

Rhizodus would make a nice addition to prehistoric animals by Safari. I don't understand why almost no brand of dinosaurs and other prehistoric toy animals in the West popularizes prehistoric fish except for the dunkleosteus or megalodon.

The shonisaurus of course is my favorite prehistoric reptile and we only have Schleich's version (great) but it needs an update.

On the other hand Lepidodendron or another version of prehistoric plants would be interesting for the Safari line.

The rajasaurus, arthropleura, desmatosuchus, eryops and rutiodon would be quite interesting prehistoric animals by the Safari brand according to you avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno and avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus

TethysaurusUK

Albertosaurus:
- Mix of grey, blues and blacks
- Maybe a light covering of protofeathers
- Maybe use TMP 81.10.1 and CMN 5600 as primary references

Globidens dakotensis:
- Darker brown on top, lighter grey or white on the bottom (maybe have the top look similar to a Bosc monitor)
- Pushing it a bit but, go for a small dorsal fin above the pelvic region as seen in the PNSO Mosasaurus and in Mark Witton's work

Giraffatitan:
- Light colouration with stripes from the middle of the neck to the tip of the tail
- Similar position to the Carnegie Brachiosaurus (2012)

Wendiceratops:
- Yellowish colouration with stripes on the pectoral region and a patterned frill
- Have it in a similar posture to the Diabloceratops
- Possibly give it a longer horn keratin sheaf but still keep it blunted

Muttaburrasaurus:
- Try to pay tribute to the WWD paint scheme but brighten up the nasal crest
- Primarily use QM F6140 and QM F14921

Paraceratherium:
- Grey but with darker colouration on the head and neck with some colouration around the eyes
- Slightly dip the neck down

Arctodus simus:
- Colouration should be a mix of a Spectacled Bear and Kodiak Bear
- Quadrapedal stance, mid-stride
- Might be controversial but, keep the mouth closed

Miracinonyx trumani:
- A mixture of sandy browns, Cheetah-like spots on the body, King Cheetah-like stuffed of fur on shoulders
- Try and put it in a running motion maybe

suspsy

A Megaloceros would be great because then I wouldn't have to bother getting the Papo version, which will absolutely be more expensive and probably less detailed than a Doug Watson job.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinoxels

Safari Ltd. updated their previous post with this new image showcasing theropod tracks (and possible ceratopsian tracks in the top left?).
The post also mentioned giveaways, so that's exciting. Side note, should I start a 2021 thread with this image or wait?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Sim

Exciting!  Thanks for sharing that avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels!  I think they're all theropod tracks, and there seems to be at least two size classes.  One of the theropods seems to be very big in comparison to the nearby plants.  I also notice some snow in the image - could the footprints belong to Cryolophosaurus?  I'm hoping for a feathered Cryolophosaurus and a Herrerasaurus!

Irritation

This is so exciting. I hope we get some amazing figures this year.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I hope you end up right. I want both of those of those bad. Cryolophosaurus I also certainly could see as it is one of the few remaining Carengie species that doesn't have a replacement in Safari's Prehistoric World line.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Hopefully Safari will surprise us with beautiful figures. If they make ceraptosids I would like a kosmoceratops, wendiceratops or medusaceratops. I honestly like all the ceraptosides. Fortunately, there is less.

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on October 04, 2020, 07:21:30 PM

Safari Ltd. updated their previous post with this new image showcasing theropod tracks (and possible ceratopsian tracks in the top left?).
The post also mentioned giveaways, so that's exciting. Side note, should I start a 2021 thread with this image or wait?

You can totally start one if you want, but you will be expected to update it as new images are revealed.  :)

Loon

I really hope that snow has a meaning like everyone is saying, because a Cryolophosaurus would be a dream.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Probably a tad boring to some but i would really like Safari or Collecta to make an aurochs.

suspsy

There's nothing boring about an aurochs, or any other recently extinct animal for that matter. I've been urging CollectA for years to make a Stellar's sea cow, but I'd just as soon buy one by Safari.

Shonisaurus

Any extinct animal is welcome to my collection. Prehistoric mammals and mammals and other extinct creatures of the Cenozoic is not boring to me. For me it has the same interest as prehistoric animals of the Mesozoic and Paleozoic. I would sincerely like a aurochs or a Steller's sea cow or a dinornis maximus (moa) or an aepyornis maximus (elephant bird of Madagascar) to give two examples of recently extinct prehistoric animals.

Safari once made a beautiful dodo. I am convinced that any of the extinct animals mentioned in the first paragraph would be just as brilliant.

triceratops83

Quote from: Sim on October 04, 2020, 07:50:02 PM
I also notice some snow in the image - could the footprints belong to Cryolophosaurus?

Quote from: Loon on October 05, 2020, 02:33:49 AM
I really hope that snow has a meaning like everyone is saying, because a Cryolophosaurus would be a dream.

Are we sure that's snow? The impression I get is mud puddle water reflecting sunlight.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: