News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 19, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
Thank you, guys.

Believe it or not, I had planned a follow-up to this. But after Chuck's comment, there will now be two; one will be a vicious Diplodocus.  >:D Perhaps I should just make a series out of it.

It's funny you should mention Jekyll and Hyde, Chuck. I had already sketched a crane turning into something monstrous a while ago which I haven't yet continued. That was prompted by a very specific dA frustration.

Chris, Marc calls it 'Dinosaurs Attack, Classy Edition'.  :))
That sounds cool! Also I recently used the below picture made by you in one of my posts, is that okay with you? If not I will atempt to remove it.

[attachment msg=12067][/attachment]

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Meso-Cenozoic

@ Niroot... Yeah, yeah. But it would still be kinda cool to see what it would look like -- my exploding melon under several tons of pressure! :o

Hmm... ???  well, um :-\ ...  OK, crush Stoneage then! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 19, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
Thank you, guys.

Believe it or not, I had planned a follow-up to this. But after Chuck's comment, there will now be two; one will be a vicious Diplodocus.  >:D Perhaps I should just make a series out of it.

It's funny you should mention Jekyll and Hyde, Chuck. I had already sketched a crane turning into something monstrous a while ago which I haven't yet continued. That was prompted by a very specific dA frustration.

Chris, Marc calls it 'Dinosaurs Attack, Classy Edition'.  :))

lol that's a good way to put it ! ;D

Would love to see more.. ;D If you want some inspiration try Don Glut's Dinosaur Invasion song : http://donglutsdinosaurs.com/dinosaur-tracks-again-album/

Himmapaan

Not a dinosaur, but I figured you science folks would appreciate this. Besides, I know many of us here love extant animals.

The Higgs boson is all very well. I think I should prefer a Hugs Bison, however.

Patrx

Egad, that is adorable. I think I shall share it on Facebook, if you do not mind :) My friends all seem to enjoy science, puns, and cute animals.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on July 06, 2012, 10:10:13 PM
Egad, that is adorable. I think I shall share it on Facebook, if you do not mind :) My friends all seem to enjoy science, puns, and cute animals.
Not at all! in fact, if you could share it directly from its dA page, that would be wonderful. Thank you!  :)

Metallisuchus

That's the first extant animal art I've seen of yours and it's just as amazing as your dinosaur work. I'd love to see an Addax, Niroot-style  ;)

Himmapaan

Thank you, Metallisuchus! I think I posted several extant animals on my old thread on V1, though most of those are several years old. I'm working on a book at the moment which involve plenty of extants, though I can't share anything from it yet. But perhaps I'll sneak one or two minor details here at some point.  O:-) I shall put the addax on the To do list. I'm very fond of ungulates.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on July 07, 2012, 02:27:50 AM
Thank you, Metallisuchus! I think I posted several extant animals on my old thread on V1, though most of those are several years old. I'm working on a book at the moment which involve plenty of extants, though I can't share anything from it yet. But perhaps I'll sneak one or two minor details here at some point.  O:-) I shall put the addax on the To do list. I'm very fond of ungulates.

Me too. Zoo Tycoon really peaked my interest in extant animals and now I'm very much into collecting them (ungulates), although I only have a few as of the moment. I remember you commenting on how you'd love an addax when I suggested for Harriet to make one, so I thought it would be just as great if you drew one.

Meso-Cenozoic

Ahh, I just noticed his 'arm' wrapped around her as well. It reminds me of Ferdinand the Bull -- though his presence was somewhat disconcerting at first site, his sweet and loving nature won them over! He also has a touch of one of The Wild Things in him IMO. Remember that book and now also a film, "Where The Wild Things Are"? It was one of my childhood favorites! ^-^

Just wonderful again, Niroot! Thanks for sharing him!!  :D

Arioch

postsaurischian

:D  'The Hugs Bison' is oh so mellifluous and would be suited wonderfully to a Miyazaki concept movie - love it!

Himmapaan

Thank you, guys. :)

Chuck, no self-respecting book illustrator can ever forget Where the Wild Things Are, or its creator, Maurice Sendak, who sadly died two months ago. :(

Meso-Cenozoic

Sorry for this late response, Niroot. But yes, it was very sad news for me as well. I felt as if a bit of my childhood was taken away forever.

I was very lucky a couple years ago to come across a TV special, on PBS I think, that followed the behind the scenes creation of a modern dance troupe's new show based on one of his stories. He had his hands in quite a bit of it's development. Artistically, I remember he designed the huge painted backdrop and their costumes. Just fascinating! I think that was the last time I saw or heard anymore from him until of course his death.

Himmapaan

Do you remember which of his stories it was?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meso-Cenozoic

OK, did a little research. It wasn't based on one of his stories like I had thought. The work was a collaboration between him and the contemporary dance company, Pilobolus, about the Holocaust called "The Selection". The documentary I saw on it is called, "Last Dance", which is a 2002 film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316160/), but I only caught it on TV a year or two ago.

Here's a clip from it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0r_Nt5P5gg

I hope you get a chance to see the entire documentary one day. Like I had said, I found the work process and the behind the scenes 'discussions' fascinating. I'd love to see the actual performance live one day. I have always been in awe of Pilobolus!

Himmapaan

Himmapaan

In a follow-up to the human-munching T. rex, here are two sauropods doing horrid things to people who very much deserve them, as promised.  ;D

radman

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: