News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Patrx

Oy, that's fantastic work, Niroot! Very pretty :) For some reason, she/he brings to my mind an owl.

Himmapaan

Thank you, everyone!

Chris D, no specific colour scheme in mind yet, except that I wanted a simple light-beneath, dark-above combination for now. The drawing isn't quite intended to be in full colour as such, just a monochrome piece, but with my usual earth tones as opposed to black and white. :)

Himmapaan

Not a dinosaur, but indulge me. I think it's pertinent enough for any internet forum.  ;D

'Please do not feed the troll'

I may ink it in later.

DinoToyForum

Weaver

Little lamb/goat is adorable and a sweet juxtaposition to the troll. I would hug the troll. I like that the troll has leather/cloth wrappings for his little legs. Awww! *slain by cute*

Himmapaan

Hmm... Well, I suppose some trolls might be defeated by a display of affection.  :P

Imminent disaster was more what I was hoping for, rather than cute.  :)) But the kid was deliberately extra pretty precisely to heighten the contrast.

pheaston

I have now joined the forum, Master Himmapaan, so your troll drawing has become manifest!  Be prepared for tactless critiques, undiplomatic criticisms, and plenty of "damning with faint praise." 

Aw, who am I kidding?  I'm here simply to unabashedly fawn.

Himmapaan

Paul!!!! :D So good to see you here, hurrah! Welcome to the forum!!  :D *Bounces*

pheaston

At your service.  I may actually have to do some dinosaur toy collecting now in order to avoid being drummed out!

Himmapaan

Take care. Once you start, there's no stopping.

Nobody will want to drum you out at any rate, once they've seen your amazing work. Please start your art thread at the soonest convenience. (Though I would frankly be horrified if people aren't already aware of it.)

Himmapaan

Redressing the theropod-heavy imbalance on the forum. ;) Lambeosaurus lambei. This might hopefully grow into a page of studies.

ZoPteryx

Great work!  And I agree, more non-therapods are definitely in order! :)

Gryphoceratops

pheaston

This one's a stunner.  And high marks for going with lambei over the ubiquitous magnicristatus. 

So many duckbills, so little time.  Et tu Tsintaosaurus? 

postsaurischian

Himmapaan

Thank you so much, guys.

I'm not sure why I feel rather loathed to post about this here, but at all events...  If anyone is interested in prints and could help, I'd be truly grateful.

mnemosaurus

I got some extra cards! I also hope that my order for a magnet of the Protoceratops will work out, that would be great :) I am also very much looking forward to receive my previous purchase, it's about to arrive any moment now :D

I certainly hope you will receive many more orders! 

Himmapaan

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 22, 2012, 11:51:16 PM
Thank you so much, guys.

I'm not sure why I feel rather loathed to post about this here, but at all events...  If anyone is interested in prints and could help, I'd be truly grateful.

I bought a print of your wonderful Thecodontosaurus study, 'Thesis' :D I went through Redbubble because it was so easy with paypal. Didn't even need to sign up. Only a small gesture in the grand scheme of things, but it may help go towards a tin of beans, at least ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: