News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 01, 2012, 12:07:09 PM
I'd promised myself not to board this bandwagon, but...
...but it's good you did! ^-^ Really, I love it just like all your dinosaur drawings. If I may repeat from what I just wrote elsewhere about it:
Your choice in poses, colour, background and even paper you use is always so awesome and distinctive. You have proven such a profoundness in your technique, accuracy and style - who could combine sympathetic gracefulness with the current state of research like you do?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

Quote from: brontodocus on November 01, 2012, 12:18:46 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on November 01, 2012, 12:07:09 PM
I'd promised myself not to board this bandwagon, but...
...but it's good you did! ^-^ Really, I love it just like all your dinosaur drawings. If I may repeat from what I just wrote elsewhere about it:
Your choice in poses, colour, background and even paper you use is always so awesome and distinctive. You have proven such a profoundness in your technique, accuracy and style - who could combine sympathetic gracefulness with the current state of research like you do?

Well said and I agree. That Ornithomimus is honestly IMO better than the one attached to all the news articles so I too am glad you jumped on that bandwagon.

Himmapaan

So very kind of you both, thank you.

Art, you surely don't mean the one by the great Julius Csotonyi?  :o A pretty significant number of people will be aghast at your suggestion!

Andre, as ingratiating or cheesy or whatever else as this may sound, I think I need never mind whether or not other 'serious' folk care about my work, knowing that you think so kindly of it. 

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on November 01, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Bravo! There is absolutely nothing left to be added.
The cleaning of 'An Airing' eventually sets the picture up :).

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 01, 2012, 06:54:50 PM
So very kind of you both, thank you.

Art, you surely don't mean the one by the great Julius Csotonyi?  :o A pretty significant number of people will be aghast at your suggestion!

Andre, as ingratiating or cheesy or whatever else as this may sound, I think I need never mind whether or not other 'serious' folk care about my work, knowing that you think so kindly of it.

I surely do. I love the work of Julius Csontonyi but his Ornithomimus piece does not trill me. His is a bit loud, colorful and in your face, almost like Luis Rey's work. In this case you can see that it is clearly a digital animal on a real landscape. Your piece is a lot easier on the eyes and allows me to truly appreciate this discovery and what this animal actually looked like without being bombarded by action and color, a busy landscape and feathers practically flapping in your face. Yours is simple, elegant and realistic.

EDIT: That is not to say I dislike his piece completely, I just prefer the calmer approach you took.

Coke

I have no words. Well, yes, just one: congratulations.

It's a shame they are not compiled in a book. You are a great illustrator. I like, above all, that touch of humor that you give them.

My sincere congratulations ... I'll keep watching your gallery  :)

stoneage

:)  You really should compile a book of illustrations, your detail is incredible!

Himmapaan

Quote from: Gwangi on November 01, 2012, 08:48:44 PM
I surely do. I love the work of Julius Csontonyi but his Ornithomimus piece does not trill me. His is a bit loud, colorful and in your face, almost like Luis Rey's work. In this case you can see that it is clearly a digital animal on a real landscape. Your piece is a lot easier on the eyes and allows me to truly appreciate this discovery and what this animal actually looked like without being bombarded by action and color, a busy landscape and feathers practically flapping in your face. Yours is simple, elegant and realistic.

EDIT: That is not to say I dislike his piece completely, I just prefer the calmer approach you took.

Thank you so much, Art. 'Simple', 'elegant' and 'calm' are probably the most characteristic aspects of my work and what I tend to aim for. I think you may have made my evening.  :))

Thank you, Helge, Coke and John. I know I've been tentatively saying this about suggestions to compile these in a book, but watch this space! I'm hoping it will happen eventually.

Gwangi

Yay! I'm glad to hear it. Keep up the great work and I'll be looking forward to your book.

postsaurischian

:D I got something from deviantArt. The third Himmapaan that's hanging in my apartment ^-^.

I should have it signed ;D!!!

Himmapaan

Hurrah! Thank you so much, Helge!  :D That piece is another one that suffers from not being viewed at a good size or in person. Perhaps you can bring it yourself to have it signed the next time you visit London.  ;D

------

I began this Ouranosaurus last year, had partially completed it, then forgot about it. Finding it again this evening, I decided to just neaten it up without doing anything else to it. So here we are.

Clicking on the top bar for full view is recommended.  :)

postsaurischian

Weaver

The blue and red mottling is fantastic! And the simple environment is very nice. Oh dang, I would like this to be the footer on my stationary. <3

pheaston

Fantastic.  I continue to be amazed.  Ouranosaurus has long fascinated me, and I'm often disappointed by most folks' attempts to do this guy, but obviously not yours.

Himmapaan

Thank you so much, guys.

Liz, now there's an idea. Hmm...

s.foulkes

wonderful art, love seeing your stuff. Oh and the single crest that appears in the center of its  head should actually be two, one over each eye, not in the center. please show more of your great art ,good color choice too very original. later.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful !

How are you fighting the urge not to add a spinosaur back there in the background !? ;D lol

Himmapaan

Quote from: s.foulkes on November 07, 2012, 03:14:03 PM
wonderful art, love seeing your stuff. Oh and the single crest that appears in the center of its  head should actually be two, one over each eye, not in the center. please show more of your great art ,good color choice too very original. later.

Thank you, Shane. Would you believe, I agonised over the correct number of crests, unable to find a good enough picture of the skull from the right angle? Then I read somewhere that it had just one, so finally went with that. The source was evidently mistaken.  :(

Chris, I could resist all too easily. ;D Predators? Pah!  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol but it looks so lonely..and unobservant.. ;D

Himmapaan

Well, Spinosaurus and Ouranosaurus didn't live at the same time anyway. Planet Dinosaur took a bit of a liberty with that one.  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: