News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 15, 2019, 02:15:16 AM
Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 12:05:24 AM
So, given Papo's recent pricing, this will be $70 ;)

Don't...don't do this to me avatar_Loon @Loon 😭

This model is bad enough already
Papo Limited Edition #2 Giganotosaurus $70 + shipping

Blade-of-the-Moon

you guys are just mean.

I would bet the next limited edition, if indeed there is one, would be a large sauropod.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 12, 2019, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: Killekor on December 12, 2019, 09:42:47 AM
Thanks for the information Daspletosaurus! Here's the photos:

The long awaited GIGANOTOSAURUS! S @Syndicate Bias I think that you'll be happy to see it!

Killekor

😭 Whyyyyyyy ooooh whyyyyyy 😭😭😭 Curse you Papo!

I had confirmation from a distributor since late November that the Giganotosaurus would be happening in 2020 but I'm honestly bummed about it, it turned out to be exactly what I didn't want from Papo 😞

I'll buy it anyways but I guess now I have a reason to buy that 200 dollar Mo Models Giganotosaurus resin kit 😑

The chilesaurus is a must have for me though, I hope the Stygimoloch gets more in hand pics for me to decide. Might actually get the Para now as well. I was told we would get 4 new figures and two repaints so I guess a limited edition one is coming up. Honestly at this point my whole interest in Papo has diminished.

Hey! You can an experienced modder, have them "surgically" remove the Papo Giga head and attach it to the Vitae body via epoxy and then have it completely repainted. Problem solved ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 13, 2019, 05:57:35 AM
Can someone cut the head and switch it with the PNSO Giga one? I'll pay good money for that crossover

Oops, I just saw this post! I guess you had the right idea all along... :))

And the memes that followed. This is what happens when I don't check the forum for a few days  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 15, 2019, 02:24:52 AM
you guys are just mean.

I would bet the next limited edition, if indeed there is one, would be a large sauropod.

Not a bad guess. I have the Papo Spino from Happy Hen and it almost looks and feels like a PNSO product but with much better and richer paint apps.

ITdactyl

'Guess I'm one of the [very few] weirdos who're actually happy with Papo's use of the Baroque style. 

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 15, 2019, 05:58:38 AM
'Guess I'm one of the [very few] weirdos who're actually happy with Papo's use of the Baroque style.

I've never thought about Dinosaur toys as part of any specific artistic style. They are art, so I don't know why I never put it together like that.

ITdactyl

Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 06:16:45 AM
I've never thought about Dinosaur toys as part of any specific artistic style. They are art, so I don't know why I never put it together like that.

;D I'm not sure it's intentional on the sculptor's part to put the prehistoric line in an "art style"... but the collective poses scream baroque to me (or at least close enough).

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 02:17:43 AM

Wait, its limited edition! where is the evidence!

Ravonium

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 15, 2019, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 02:17:43 AM

Wait, its limited edition! where is the evidence!

That post and the one about it being $70 were pretty obviously sarcasm.

Shonisaurus

It is a bad sign for Papo giganotosaurus when it comes to its quality, when DTF members reach sarcasm. It's like if a First Division football team suffers a shameful defeat or several defeats and the public scoffs at him calling them "champions" metaphorically is what happened to Papo's giganotosaurus, even so if I have some money I can use To buy this figure, I will buy it, even if only to complete Papo's collection of prehistoric animals. It gives a thousand turns to this figure of Papo 2020 giganotosaurus tyrannosaurus rex running with the same brand difference.

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 15, 2019, 11:18:13 PM
It is a bad sign for Papo giganotosaurus when it comes to its quality, when DTF members reach sarcasm. It's like if a First Division football team suffers a shameful defeat or several defeats and the public scoffs at him calling them "champions" metaphorically is what happened to Papo's giganotosaurus, even so if I have some money I can use To buy this figure, I will buy it, even if only to complete Papo's collection of prehistoric animals. It gives a thousand turns to this figure of Papo 2020 giganotosaurus tyrannosaurus rex running with the same brand difference.

I don't think its analogous. Papo, to me, has always been over-hyped and I don't think these releases are much worse that any their previous. Even their early stuff had the weird poses, lest we forget the crouching raptor.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Loon on December 16, 2019, 12:02:34 AM

I don't think its analogous. Papo, to me, has always been over-hyped and I don't think these releases are much worse that any their previous. Even their early stuff had the weird poses, lest we forget the crouching raptor.

Crouching Raptor Hidden Guanlong?  :P

Loon

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 16, 2019, 12:09:59 AM
Crouching Raptor Hidden Guanlong ???  :P
I was honestly tempted to do something like that, but, I couldn't think of an appropriate species. Guanlong works pretty well.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on December 16, 2019, 12:02:34 AM

Eofauna and collecta seem over hyped to me.

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 16, 2019, 12:41:48 AM

That's objectively wrong, but ok.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Loon on December 16, 2019, 12:58:20 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 16, 2019, 12:41:48 AM

That's objectively wrong, but ok.

Actually, it is subjective, and it's neither right nor wrong as it's a personal opinion.

Acro's comics

I like the fighting pose Giga. I will probably buy two.

Syndicate Bias

Well if anyone here knows how to resculpt the legs and tail and still make it look as good as it is I think there is one member whose work has been posted here before for reposing. I'd like to know their location and price for such a service

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 16, 2019, 03:51:36 AM
Well if anyone here knows how to resculpt the legs and tail and still make it look as good as it is I think there is one member whose work has been posted here before for reposing. I'd like to know their location and price for such a service
I believe it was Irriator Raji

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: