News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 13, 2019, 11:30:52 PM
Quote from: imnewhere on December 13, 2019, 11:26:57 PM
I did an attempt too but how do you post pictures on this forum
Is it in file explorer

I don't even know what that means lol

oscars_dinos

Think I got it... sorry for the logo or whatever but you guys get it.
I don't mind the upright pose but something a lil less extreme would have been better.
As for what we got I still think a rearing up pose isn't the worse thing ever I really only have a problem with the tail

Loon

Here's my try at a "Photoshop" attempt:

Concavenator

Quote from: Loon on December 14, 2019, 12:11:35 AM

Wow, your edit is amazing!  8) ;D

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Concavenator on December 14, 2019, 12:17:09 AM

Wow, your edit is amazing!  8) ;D

How much u selling that beauty for 😍

Silvanusaurus

This may be controversial, but what if Papo didn't go far enough?

Ok I'm done now.

Loon

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 14, 2019, 01:01:45 AM

Ok I'm done now.

I thought we weren't supposed to post leaked images. Now, Papo's 2021 lineup is completely ruined!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: imnewhere on December 13, 2019, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 13, 2019, 11:30:52 PM
Is it in file explorer

I don't even know what that means lol
I meant what file browser you use

Killekor

I just remembered the mini Papo Giganotosaurus that has been released years ago and compared its photo with the new large version's one.

I think that their pose it's quite similar, and now with this new Giga all the mini figures have a larger counterpart in a similar pose/color scheme.
My question is: It's possible that Papo prepared this upcoming Giganotosaurus years ago but they didn't release it until now? And if yes, why?
Maybe they feared the reaction of the collectors on its pose >:D...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Primeval12

Ok I'm done now.

2022 will have a dabbing giganotosaurus.

utd7

Really underwhelming to be honest especially the Giganotosaurus which we've waited for such a long time for. The Chilesaurus though intrigues me enough to buy it.

Does anyone know whether they showed any releases from their animal kingdom line?
We live in a Jurassic World

Ravonium

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Quote from: utd7 on December 14, 2019, 03:19:38 PM
Does anyone know whether they showed any releases from their animal kingdom line?

They haven't  :-\

Megaloceros is decent; rest are mediocre in comparison, although I don't think they're as especially bad (for Papo dinosaurs) as others here are saying.

Duna

:)) :)) :)) :)) You are a master in this!

My comparison of your attempt and mine. The head of the Papo giga looks quite good and very detailed. And I really like the colors:

I honestly think this is a good year for Papo. There are not sculpting catastrophes as the amargasaurus or tylosaurus, they are really good figures. But the pose of the giga is a total disappointment for me. But I understand it's instant love for many people, they love roaring-attacking figures with such detail. I liked them also (I have the first version of the standing T-rex) but not any more.

Syndicate Bias

Heard this was a rough scale of the giga

Shonisaurus

Thanks for commenting that S @Syndicate Bias  so the giganotosaurus is immense. That for me is superinteresting although the figure has its flaws I will end up liking. Big is always beautiful because it is generally more detailed than a small figure.

Loon

So, given Papo's recent pricing, this will be $70 ;)

terrorchicken

Ok I'm done now.

lol it looks like its dodging a slo-mo bullet Keanu-style!  ;D

back on topic, if these poses are to avoid stability issues why doesn't Papo just do an old school tripod pose like Carnegie or 90s Wild Safari use to for variety's sake? They dont all have to be standing so upright.

ItsTwentyBelow

Finally Papo unveils these releases!

The Giganotosaurus is really cool for a Jurassic Park inspired take on the animal, and it blends in really well with this line. I predict it will be at least $35-40 though. I paid about that for my Mattel Brachiosaurus. Papo tends to be so expensive.

Interested in the Chilesaurus and Stygimoloch. The Megaloceros is very welcome too!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 14, 2019, 11:39:02 PM
Thanks for commenting that S @Syndicate Bias  so the giganotosaurus is immense. That for me is superinteresting although the figure has its flaws I will end up liking. Big is always beautiful because it is generally more detailed than a small figure.
I actually love this pose as much as I hate it. Its like its attacking a sauropod or being pushed off a cliff (ice age 3 style) by the running rex. Its crazy good, but not natural, just like the new schliech baryonx

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 12:05:24 AM
So, given Papo's recent pricing, this will be $70 ;)

Don't...don't do this to me avatar_Loon @Loon 😭

This model is bad enough already

On the bright side now we can all look forward to a hopeful multiple release practice for this Giga.

Or if not then I guess I'll just hope that Papo makes a Carcha or a Mapu so i can pretend they're a Giga

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: