News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyCollector

Hello,

I thought it's time to share some updated pics of the Majungasaurus model. Hope you like it.

Faelrin

Already shared my thoughts on the instagram page, but it bears repeating here. This is looking wonderful, and I can't wait to see it painted up and released.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Wow, that looks gorgeous! avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector  , have you got an approximate release date?

Flaffy

Easily the best Majungasaurus around once it becomes available. :o
Hell, probably one of the best abelisaur figures to date even!

Leyster

Awesome! Can't wait to see it released!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

Now there's a proper Majungasaurus. One of my favorite species which is criminally underrepresented in toy and model form. Cannot wait to see more of this guy.

indohyus

Does look pretty impressive. What scale is it?

spinosaurus1

Quote from: indohyus on July 27, 2020, 08:19:37 PM
it;s going to be in 1:35th scale, or around 20 cms in length

indohyus

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on July 27, 2020, 08:51:31 PM

Sounds pretty good. Will have to pick up one when it's ready.

HogRider0607

I think it will be around 15.5- 16 cm in length based on the info from Wildpast's web. CMIIW

HogRider0607

DinoToyCollector

Sorry for my late replies, but I had a lot of (non-dinosaur) work to do.

Quote from: Faelrin on July 26, 2020, 08:33:21 PM
Already shared my thoughts on the instagram page, but it bears repeating here. This is looking wonderful, and I can't wait to see it painted up and released.
Credit for the base sculpt goes to avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 . I love it and it was fun to play around with it and pose it.

Quote from: Narutoceratops on July 26, 2020, 10:53:48 PM
Wow, that looks gorgeous! avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector  , have you got an approximate release date?
avatar_Concavenator @Narutoceratops  I only have a very misty one: end of 2020

Quote from: HogRider0607 on July 28, 2020, 05:37:09 AM

I think it will be around 15.5- 16 cm in length based on the info from Wildpast's web. CMIIW
H @HogRider0607 I've updated the informations on the website and it's more like L 21,7cm * H 4,2 cm. I don't know where the previous estimations came from. I'm sorry for this.

Faelrin

Well kudos to you both. It's excellent. I also appreciate the inclusion of lips on it too.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector 21 cm is a good size! Also, if I remember correctly, it is going to be released after the Tethyshadros, isn't it?

Faelrin

I would have edited my previous post with this, but I think it's probably better as its own post as of now.

I forgot to ask earlier but is the Alcione still coming with the Majungasaurus?

Also will there be a PVC version of the 1/35 Velociraptor at some point (assuming it is possible)? I know there's the mating version (made to order) on shapeways, but it is unpainted: https://www.shapeways.com/product/VZQKRFZJA/raptor-dance-1-35-velociraptor?optionId=168031636&li=marketplace

In case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCRHDUVFILC/

If you are interested in feedback though, I do think the tail feathers could be more like what is seen on Zhenyuanlong, which the Safari Ltd figure incorporates, instead of the tail fan, which is likely based off the old paleoart meme that came about due Microraptor's tail feathers (which the shape of is debatable I guess, depending on the species or specimen possibly, see the CollectA thread of the discussion on that).

Also come to think of it, Zhenyuanlong itself would be a great addition if you would be at all interested. It's been 5 years since it's been published and so far none of the bigger companies (such as Safari Ltd or CollectA) have released a figure of it. Dakotaraptor (though it only has partial postcranial material), Halszkaraptor, and of course Utahraptor are others that come to mind that have remains that were recently published and/or described and still lack figures (or updated ones in the case of Utahraptor) as of now (though perhaps something will turn up next year, who knows). There's several other dromaeosaurids that would be interesting to see as well no doubt.

HogRider0607

[/quote]
H @HogRider0607 I've updated the informations on the website and it's more like L 21,7cm * H 4,2 cm. I don't know where the previous estimations came from. I'm sorry for this.
[/quote]

That would be awesome  :)
Would be the price range similar to the Protoceratops or slightly more, due to its size? Thank you.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Faelrin on July 29, 2020, 12:16:04 AM
I forgot to ask earlier but is the Alcione still coming with the Majungasaurus?

The Alcione/nyctosaurid will be coming with the Majunga, yes. The Majungasaurus needs something to hunt  :)) (speaking of paloart memes...)

Also will there be a PVC version of the 1/35 Velociraptor at some point (assuming it is possible)?

The mating Velociraptors will not be available as PVC versions. They are too complex and tiny to realise them as such. Velociraptor in a much more standard pose can be possible, but I have to discuss that with the manufacturer.

If you are interested in feedback though, I do think the tail feathers could be more like what is seen on Zhenyuanlong, which the Safari Ltd figure incorporates, instead of the tail fan, which is likely based off the old paleoart meme that came about due Microraptor's tail feathers (which the shape of is debatable I guess, depending on the species or specimen possibly, see the CollectA thread of the discussion on that).

Feedback is always appreciated :) The tail fan isn't a real paleo-meme. Because of the reduced size of the model, the details are very rough to make them visible on the print. I have to admit that the transition of the tail feathers to the body is a bit too hard. The problem we have with feathering a velociraptor is, there is a lack of imprints. Actually the feathering is based on, and a mix of Changyuraptor, Microraptor & Zhenyuanlong. The Saurian game has a good depiction of Dakotaraptor, too. Although being a bit old a very good and quick look on tail feathering can be found here https://www.deviantart.com/albertonykus/art/Pennaraptor-Tails-465558142

For the other dromaeosaurids: I think at some point We'll do one. I have some favourites among them and it's time to bring more feathered and fluffy "raptors" on the toy market instead of yet another JP styled one. avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson already did a great job with the Velociraptor and the Deinonychus though.

edit: forgot to answer the following question:
Quote from: HogRider0607 on July 29, 2020, 01:42:02 AM
Would be the price range similar to the Protoceratops or slightly more, due to its size? Thank you.
H @HogRider0607
The price still depends on a number of variables that I still don't know yet. But I can say that the price will be in the same range as the Protoceratops maybe less. All in all it will be more reasonable regarding the size and production.

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I am interested in the Tethyshadros, majungasaurus and alcione from Wild Past. Due to unfortunate personal circumstances I cannot be aware of the latest news from the dinotoyblog.com/forum forum. I would ask you to reserve or at least indicate where I can order these wonderful sculptures. I like the three dinosaurs and on the other hand the majungasaurus seems to me the most interesting since we needed a worthy majungasaurus since it is unfortunately underrepresented

Sim

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 29, 2020, 06:06:55 AM
Also will there be a PVC version of the 1/35 Velociraptor at some point (assuming it is possible)?

The mating Velociraptors will not be available as PVC versions. They are too complex and tiny to realise them as such. Velociraptor in a much more standard pose can be possible, but I have to discuss that with the manufacturer.

Yes!  I would love a Velociraptor in a more standard pose as a 1:35 painted figure! :D

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 29, 2020, 06:06:55 AM
For the other dromaeosaurids: I think at some point We'll do one. I have some favourites among them and it's time to bring more feathered and fluffy "raptors" on the toy market instead of yet another JP styled one. avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson already did a great job with the Velociraptor and the Deinonychus though.

I'm very happy to read this avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector!  After Velociraptor, Zanabazar and Saurornithoides, I'd really like to see some other dromaeosaurids!  I agree Doug did a great job with his Velociraptor and Deinonychus.  Like you, I'd also like to see more feathered dromaeosaurid toys!

I'm looking forward to the Majungasaurus!

Shonisaurus

In my case I would like to see a velafrons is a hadrosaurid dinosaur that is poorly represented in the toy market. I think there is none.

Moreover the tethyshrados looks great. Magnificent figure! and the majungasaurus is a beauty the prototype and in a more than acceptable size.

By the way, how much will these figures cost? I am very interested in them. I hope that dinotoycollecto publishes the prices in dollars and euros and that it also publishes a purchase link for these figures on eBay as it happened with the Wild Past protoceratops is the way I buy said figure. Magnificent brand of toys.

On the other hand, if you have commented that the tethyshrados will be made of less flexible material than the protoceratops, will it be made of hard and brittle plastic or of plastic that, without being flexible, is less perishable?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: