News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

It looks like a (poorly) re-posed recast of the 1/35 Kaiyodo Dinoland Version 2 vinyl TRex.  A beautiful kit, but a bad recast.  Don't buy recasts - they are destroying the garage kit hobby.  Its basically theft of the property of another artist.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: meoraptor on July 09, 2012, 10:02:03 PM
Does anyone know which company made these? I got them a while ago at a flea market. I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.

Maybe they're Marx figures?

SBell

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 10, 2012, 06:44:34 PM
Does anyone know which company made these? I got them a while ago at a flea market. I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.

Marx didn't make an elasmosaur. It's tough to tell what size they are in the photo (and no scale either), but judging from the shape now, they look like unpainted small FUL dinos (common dollar store bin figures). Usually painted in two-tone countershades, they definitely make these four animals. The ankylosaur and scelidosaur are what make me think that.

tyrantqueen

Thanks for the info on the kit guys. I had no idea it was a recast, guess I better avoid it then :P

meoraptor

Quote from: SBell on July 10, 2012, 07:04:14 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 10, 2012, 06:44:34 PM

Marx didn't make an elasmosaur. It's tough to tell what size they are in the photo (and no scale either), but judging from the shape now, they look like unpainted small FUL dinos (common dollar store bin figures). Usually painted in two-tone countershades, they definitely make these four animals. The ankylosaur and scelidosaur are what make me think that.

Thanks!

DC

I think from the picture there are a bin set based on the picture
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/company_files/bcop.jpg
They showed up as Halloween treats and in a dino book  activity set Dinosaur Days.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/company_files/bin/DinosaurDays.jpg
The full set of 24 is hard to find normally all you set are 12 figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Are these MPC Dinosaurs?

[attachment msg=14143][/attachment]
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

The only other thing they might be are MPC recasts, if such a thing was ever done.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DC

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 15, 2012, 07:42:36 PM
Are these MPC Dinosaurs?

Most are but not all.  I don't recognize the gray plesiosaur or dimetrodon.  Then some party favors.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Hi

I have this serie of Prehistoric people and a sabertooth

It's from ELC

can somebody tel me more about these figures and are there more?

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Dilophoraptor

This is a small Rubber Protoceratops from late 1990's to early 2000's that Ive had for quite awhile.

It is about a Penny and a half long. its in the Typical Protoceratops pose of its time. it was a toy that was found in Vending Machines.

At least to the Extent of my memory it was a Vending Machines. It came from a Plastic Egg that had two rows of bumps on one side of the egg, Both Animal and egg where Differently colored from others, the Egg split in have, I'll get a picture of the Egg if I can

Paleona

These didn't come in eggs, but it reminds me a lot of the Panosh dinosaurs... I remember having a large set of them:

http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/panosh.htm

Dilophoraptor

Quote from: Paleona on July 23, 2012, 04:11:31 PM
These didn't come in eggs, but it reminds me a lot of the Panosh dinosaurs... I remember having a large set of them:

http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/panosh.htm

Thouse don't match up with the others i have, i'll get a pic of another one i have, a Dark blue/gray Plesiosaurain of the same Brand and material and a picture of the egg.

Bokisaurus

Anyone know or have info about these guys
Small marine reptiles

Small Para that may or may not be made out of resin

Small pterosaur (Rhampo ?)

Small metal dino that appears to be based on Kinto figures
[

Seijun

The rhamph is part of the dino riders line. I dont know about the others. I really like the para though, very unique.

tyrantqueen

That Para has a strange texture, like it's been chewed up or something :D

Roselaar

Quote from: Seijun on July 28, 2012, 04:12:55 AM
The rhamph is part of the dino riders line.

Specifically, the huge Brontosaurus set comes with three of these.

Metallisuchus

I have the Dilophosaurus, as does Takama. Neither of us know who made it, but it is a nice mini.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: