News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLikesDinos

Can anyone identify these? They are being labeled as Jurassic Park items.

amargasaurus cazaui

Tiny, metal and have the Amblin name on the bottom. I assume Jurassic park, but what are they?

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Mironimus

Can someone help me with this figure?

It's label says:
CE
© Bullyland
Made in Germany
Allosaurus, Scale 1:60

Well, I know that this is no Allosaurus and that it's made by Bullyland, but that's all.
I can't find this toy on the internet.

If anyone knows anything helpful on this figure, like when it was made, or where one can buy it, that would be great.

Thank you very much in advance.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

DinoToyForum

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on July 31, 2012, 01:42:51 AM
Can anyone identify these? They are being labeled as Jurassic Park items.

They are 'Dinofroz'  :) Not Jurassic Park in any way shape or form (other than they are dinosaurs).

Edit - I have the plesiosaur from the same line:

Takama

Quote from: Mironimus on July 31, 2012, 12:23:20 PM
Can someone help me with this figure?

It's label says:
CE
© Bullyland
Made in Germany
Allosaurus, Scale 1:60

Well, I know that this is no Allosaurus and that it's made by Bullyland, but that's all.
I can't find this toy on the internet.

If anyone knows anything helpful on this figure, like when it was made, or where one can buy it, that would be great.

Thank you very much in advance.

That is Bullylands very first T-Rex figure. It was the main one until it was replaced with a resculpt, However. instead of retiring it. They renamed it Allosaurus

DC

The Bullyland "Allosaurus" was later copied by Salvat who gave it the correct number of claws.  About the time Battat came out Bullyland started upgrading to compete with Safari and Battat.  It was too little too late they kept losing market share. They replaced their old UKRD looking figures with some very good reconstructions.  The ersatz T rex, Allosaurus, Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus are all among the best figures made.  I was a major fan when Jane and Volkmar ran the company.   Hearing the newest owners are planning to release some old discontinued figures is exciting news.  Bullyland owned and retained their molds so anything is possible.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Mironimus

Thank you so far for the infos. :-)

Can you tell which year the T-Rex / Allosaurus figure was made?

I received some of these figures, they lay - long forgotten - in a warehouse.
Now I want to offer these in my onlineshop, that's why I need some informations about this figure.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

CityRaptor

Ah, that explains something. I wondered if Bullyland re-released them when I first saw them at your site.

Can anyone identify this huge light Deinonychus here?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dinosaurier-verschiedene-Arten-Paket-riesig-seht-selbst-/130742871773?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item1e70e1e6dd
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

Looks like the Sky Kids Thunder Beasts "velociraptor"
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Not that one. The large, light one at the bottom of the box.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 04, 2012, 11:09:14 PM

Looks like a big Dollarsaur (perhaps a more fair term for low-end figures than Chinasaur, as they can be made anywhere).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on August 05, 2012, 02:54:32 AM

Looks like a big Dollarsaur (perhaps a more fair term for low-end figures than Chinasaur, as they can be made anywhere).
Maybe, but not every country in the world uses dollars as their currency ::)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2012, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: SBell on August 05, 2012, 02:54:32 AM

Maybe, but not every country in the world uses dollars as their currency ::)

Okay, forgot about that part (I was thinking Dollar-store quality). It still seems a little raciest to identify (poorly made) things based on a single country/culture.

Blackdanter

Can anyone help with a manufacturer ID on this little Dimetrodon? I bought a boxed lot of old 1970's figures recently and this was included. Funny thing is it was like meeting an old friend as I had this figure and similar ones as a kid in the 1970's. I suspect it's a premium of some sort but cannot think where I would of got mine from as a kid. It's about an inch long and made from bronze coloured plastic.

Himmapaan

Quote from: SBell on August 05, 2012, 05:26:47 PM
Okay, forgot about that part (I was thinking Dollar-store quality). It still seems a little raciest to identify (poorly made) things based on a single country/culture.
I rather like the sound of 'Dollarsaur' (for Dollar-store quality).  :))

Once upon a long time ago (by which I mean centuries), the phrase 'made in China' was actually a signifier of luxury quality goods. Random interesting fact of the day.  :))

And back to topic!

Paleona

Does anyone have any information on this vintage looking guy?  My dad sent him to me- it's a hollow plastic bank, with only "Made in Hong Kong" stamped on the cork on the bottom.  Sorry for the bad pics, just took a couple quick ones with my phone.

amargasaurus cazaui

It would seem reasonable to infer it is a Honk Kong Cork-a-saurus right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 25, 2012, 03:22:56 PM
Can someone identify that Brachiosaurus?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-x-Gutzilla-mit-Abendessen-/280949240950?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item4169e13476
I suspect that it is the brown variant of the Kleinwelka Brachio.

I suspect you are correct in your suspicion. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: