News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lips

Any help figuring out where these cute black-eyes dinos came from?

stargatedalek

I think they're from an old Animal Planet (not Chap Mei) set.

CityRaptor

The large Tyrannosaurus seems to be partly inspired by Hasbro's JPIII one. ( The middle-sized one )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stoneage

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/VfcAAOSwbYZXVMjd/s-l1600.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/u2sAAOSwMNxXVMh7/s-l1600.jpg

I was wondering if anyone can identify these figures.  They have no markings on them.  I think the Brontosaurus may be a Sinclair figure.

stoneage

Thanks!.

amargasaurus cazaui

Brontosaurus is a Sinclair gas premium figure. One of the dinosaurs you might be given for purchasing gas.The rex isnt the Sinclair gas premium at least I can tell..no idea.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ofmp

Quote from: docronnie on April 08, 2016, 06:44:06 PM
De Agostini figures are marked, but I encountered knock offs in Baguio without marks except for the name of the dino.

Good night docronie, I am addressing you just because your comment seemed totally unwise to and uninformed. He is having found a collection figure Agostini does not make you an expert in this collection. I mention that I am from Argentina, and for years I have put together these dinosaurs to complete my collection. The figures are accompanied fascicles you see in the pictures and this is the issue that came each with a different dinosaur. I mention also that none of the figures bring the brand DE AGOSTINI marked on the belly nor is the mark of the European Community (EC).
Maybe the issue that appeared in Spain is of better quality (I can not be sure since I do not have any of those to compare), but I can assure you that these are the original figures included in the DINOSAURS OF AGOSTINI collection, as you can see in the photos attached. And I also take this opportunity to let you know that information dinosaurian most photos that appear in the information MY PHOTOS ARE MY FIGURES.
Link:
http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/ofmp/library/docronie
Maybe if the editor dinosaurian had me investigated a little more and maybe had asked to me, you would know that the images that was setting as the front page of the collection are the FIRST COLLECTION OF THE 90.
The collection that came with the figures of dinosaurs is what you see on the photos. 50 fascicles are 50 different dinosaurs and no figure brought the logo of DE AGOSTINI (which were sold in Argentina). This collection is a reissue of the first collection taking advantage of the fame of the Disney film Dinosaur. Because they did not put the logo on the figures sold in my country, so I do not know. Just I know that if you had a chance to get your hands on one of these figures, WHICH ARE NOT COPY, you have lost the opportunity to have in your collection to be misinformed.
So I ask you before giving a verdict, always a little more and ask people to investigate for example in this topic know more than you.
With no hard feelings, big hug from my beloved Argentina.

stargatedalek

Considering they were sold with unlicensed Disney merchandise, I would assume they're copies. Sorry.

docronnie

I am so sorry, if I hurt your feelings omfp. The Dinosauriana Ebook that I have, wrote that De Agostini figures are marked and I just proved it by showing the marks on the belly of my figure.

I will try to buy one of the copies, next time I encounter them.  The plastic used is different as well. Much love , as well and Happy Collecting.  It is still a collection, anyway. :-)

P.S.

I am an avid Marvel Thor Collector. In my collection, I have a Loius Marx Thor and it is stamped well under the base, but there are plenty of copies made in Mexico and they do not have the stamp of Louis Marx and plastic used is also different.  Some Thor collectors collect them too, but I just chose to collect the stamped Louis Marx. That's just me. Peace. :-),
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

Hey animal people, I need this Manta Ray identified.:

It says Made in China. I feel like I've seen it before in an Animal Planet set by Chap Mei, but I could be wrong.

Flaffy

Definitely not a Manta Ray, most likely a blue spotted stingray.

stargatedalek

It's not the Chap Mei one, probably from another Animal Planet line. The Chap Mei one is slightly smaller and more detailed.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 22, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
Definitely not a Manta Ray, most likely a blue spotted stingray.

I know jack about sea creatures. Everything I study either lives or has lived in trees.

Paleona

Can anyone identify these neon dinos? I had a large lot of these as a kid in the 90's; I believe some of them were purple, as well. There were a lot of different species, too, including a dino hatching out of an egg. Pretty sure they were sort of a rubbery material, but they're not erasers.

Roselaar

Quote from: Paleona on June 30, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
Can anyone identify these neon dinos? I had a large lot of these as a kid in the 90's; I believe some of them were purple, as well. There were a lot of different species, too, including a dino hatching out of an egg. Pretty sure they were sort of a rubbery material, but they're not erasers.

Panosh, I think:

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/panosh.htm

tw22

I have no idea what this is ... it's not a dinosaur, but was hoping someone here would know. I think it's from the 80's, maybe late 70's. It's like a rubber ... not vinyl, or hard plastic, but a soft-ish rubber material, about 5" long. It's solid, and it has no markings that I can see.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tw22 on July 04, 2016, 12:10:29 AM
I have no idea what this is ... it's not a dinosaur, but was hoping someone here would know. I think it's from the 80's, maybe late 70's. It's like a rubber ... not vinyl, or hard plastic, but a soft-ish rubber material, about 5" long. It's solid, and it has no markings that I can see.

This toy is the trash compactor monster from Star Wars.

Archinto

Panosh D.I.N.O. Mites were lese bright colors than these. Panosh sold the molds and they were later produced as Dino brites. This is a set of dino brites mini dinosaurs. They made the same number of figures in the set as panosh did if I remember right.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

tw22

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 04, 2016, 01:49:31 AM
Quote from: tw22 on July 04, 2016, 12:10:29 AM

This toy is the trash compactor monster from Star Wars.
Oh my ... well that makes sense why I didn't identify it :) I'm not much of a Star Wars person :) Lol thanks for the help !

Roselaar

Quote from: Archinto on July 04, 2016, 02:04:53 AM

Panosh D.I.N.O. Mites were lese bright colors than these. Panosh sold the molds and they were later produced as Dino brites. This is a set of dino brites mini dinosaurs. They made the same number of figures in the set as panosh did if I remember right.

I stand corrected. You learn something new every day. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: