News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 07, 2017, 08:56:22 AM
Over the past weeks there have been some real stinkers and I am not able to answer even one of the questions. It seems that there´s still so much to discover out there...
Roselaar, I googled a little as to the Disga stuff but it was not very efficient...

Too bad, but thanks anyway. :)

BrontoScorpio

Hi all.
Can anyone tell me what brand is this set :
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n196013567#enlargeimg
It looks like a "Colorat" judging by the box at the background -
but I'm not sure - cause I know the Colorat dinosaur sets 1,2,3 -
and these are not...

Flaffy

It's a mix I think, from different companies. Some are Colorata, some are their retired versions, others I do not know about.

SBell

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 07, 2017, 08:43:21 PM
Hi all.
Can anyone tell me what brand is this set :
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n196013567#enlargeimg
It looks like a "Colorat" judging by the box at the background -
but I'm not sure - cause I know the Colorat dinosaur sets 1,2,3 -
and these are not...

Sorry I missed this--it is indeed the full original Colorata dinosaur series. It is notable for having the only version of a Dimetrodon (I think the other species were re-issued with the 1,2,3 series).

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

BrontoScorpio

Thanks SBell  for for clarifying this out.
Can someone also tell me what is so special about the following 3 small items -
that they got such a high price -
what are they ?:
http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l374843542#enlargeimg

sauroid

the Amargasaurus is by Fame Master and not really that expensive. the other two Japanese brand figures are a bit less common.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 10, 2017, 01:37:11 PM
Thanks SBell  for for clarifying this out.
Can someone also tell me what is so special about the following 3 small items -
that they got such a high price -
what are they ?:
http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l374843542#enlargeimg

The other two are Takara Tomy figures released for a Dino Expo in Japan in 2012.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Anybody recognize this little weirdo? Thanks in advance!

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Chinasaur, late 80s early 90s maybe Psittacosaurus or a non-dino from the Triassic?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
Chinasaur, late 80s early 90s maybe Psittacosaurus or a non-dino from the Triassic?

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was intended as some sort of rhynchosaur, but Psittacosaurus is probably a better bet. I couldn't find a Psittacosaurus to match it in Dinosauriana, but this might be one of the many cheap dinos it doesn't bother to cover.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2017, 07:18:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2017, 05:24:31 PM

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was intended as some sort of rhynchosaur, but Psittacosaurus is probably a better bet. I couldn't find a Psittacosaurus to match it in Dinosauriana, but this might be one of the many cheap dinos it doesn't bother to cover.

I received one with a kid's meal at a Dinamation exhibit around 88/89' ?  It's pink and just says China on it. I've seen it on ebay in random lots.  There is also a short bodied really straight necked sauropod of some sort my brother received in his.  Don't know much else about them though.  I guess species wise you could call it whatever looks right lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Libraraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2017, 07:21:05 AM
so sort of an i.d. question...is this :

http://cdn.teachersupplysource.com/images/D/EDU-37670_Box.jpg

the same as this :

http://www.prehistoricstore.com/item.php?item=780

I don´t think so. If you look into further detail you´ll see many differences, especially the base.

REQXY

Hey guys I am new here. I am super glad I found this forum. I am hoping someone could help me out. So my sister bought this Dino from a trip to the Cabazon Dinosaurs in California. Anyway, it's her favorite. She takes it places and takes pictures of it for her Instagram. One problem. She seems to have misplaced it and can not find it anywhere. It's been about a month and she gave up hope. Today, we made a trip to the Cabazon dinos to try to buy another one, but they ran out. She doesn't know the brand or anything so it is difficult to find online. I was hoping anyone would be able to identify it and if you might know where I might be able to get a hold of another one for my sister. Thank you!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 21, 2017, 11:04:03 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2017, 07:21:05 AM
so sort of an i.d. question...is this :

http://cdn.teachersupplysource.com/images/D/EDU-37670_Box.jpg

the same as this :

http://www.prehistoricstore.com/item.php?item=780

I don´t think so. If you look into further detail you´ll see many differences, especially the base.

I thought the base was probably added for stability, to me it looks about the same.

Halichoeres

Quote from: REQXY on January 22, 2017, 06:20:57 AM
Hey guys I am new here. I am super glad I found this forum. I am hoping someone could help me out. So my sister bought this Dino from a trip to the Cabazon Dinosaurs in California. Anyway, it's her favorite. She takes it places and takes pictures of it for her Instagram. One problem. She seems to have misplaced it and can not find it anywhere. It's been about a month and she gave up hope. Today, we made a trip to the Cabazon dinos to try to buy another one, but they ran out. She doesn't know the brand or anything so it is difficult to find online. I was hoping anyone would be able to identify it and if you might know where I might be able to get a hold of another one for my sister. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure that's a Wild Republic dinosaur. I don't know where to get one--I just checked Amazon and eBay, and maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but I didn't turn one up.

REQXY

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 22, 2017, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: REQXY on January 22, 2017, 06:20:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a Wild Republic dinosaur. I don't know where to get one--I just checked Amazon and eBay, and maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but I didn't turn one up.
Thank you Halichoeres! Here is one more picture as well as the Instagram. It is about the size of a mini Schleich Dino. And isn't squeezable but is covered with a felt-like material.

Halichoeres

REQXY

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 22, 2017, 06:59:31 PM
The key word is "flocked!" Here's a set of 6 for sale:

http://www.dinosaurcorporation.com/dinosaurzoo.html
Whoaaa that's it!!!!! Thank you halichoeres! How did you do it?!! I contacted the website but they said they were sold out of that set 😭 And he was not sure where else to find it. But I will keep a look out for them from now on. Thank you for your help!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: