News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

That Dryptosaurus is amazing. I wonder if it was meant to look like the top half of the old Leaping Laelaps painting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quite likely. There's nothing new under the sun.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

i hope some folks can ID these two old figures in my collection. the second obviously retro Ornithomimid is a Japanese figure (i think).

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

I had lost a figure when I was younger, and I want to find another one because I really liked it. No photos, all I have is this description: Its a dandelion yellow featherless raptor with blood-red eyes and shiny black claws, anyone know what figure I'm talking about, and where I can find one?
I am the Dinosaur King!

REQXY

Hi everyone I was hoping someone could help me out. So I had this as a kid. Got it as a cereal toy. Maybe like pebbles or something. I remember it being made of like a harder plastic. It did not bend easily or it wasn't like an eraser or something. Anyway, I lost it through the years. Was hoping if you guys knew who the manufacturer is or where I might be able to get my hands on another one. Here is a picture of what it looked like. Thanks guys.

BlueKrono

Quote from: REQXY on March 06, 2017, 09:01:01 AM
Hi everyone I was hoping someone could help me out. So I had this as a kid. Got it as a cereal toy. Maybe like pebbles or something. I remember it being made of like a harder plastic. It did not bend easily or it wasn't like an eraser or something. Anyway, I lost it through the years. Was hoping if you guys knew who the manufacturer is or where I might be able to get my hands on another one. Here is a picture of what it looked like. Thanks guys.

Not sure what brand it is off the top of my head, but a bit of advice: most sellers won't either. I would recommend perusing eBay lots of dinos and see if you can spot it. I've found a lot of treasures that way. If someone were selling it individually it would probably be someone like you who got it in a cereal box and lists it as "cereal premium dinosaur" or "cereal T-rex".
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

terrorchicken

Quote from: REQXY on March 06, 2017, 09:01:01 AM

I use to have this guy! It was from a Fruity Pebbles cereal promo in the 80's. I think we had 2, the Rex and a stegosaurus. I think there was also a triceratops and a sauropod. I dont remember if the Rex we had was green or brown.

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

:-\I would really appreciate it if someone could identify what company manufactured this little Ceratopsian? Thanks!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

saltuari

Hi to everyone

my 5 year old son has lost his favourite toy, a little T Rex. I don't remember where it came from. I think it must be a cheap toy, but I hope some of you can recognize it so I can buy my son a new one. I don't know if it could help you, but we live in Italy. Here are his pictures. Thank you for every advice you can give me

David

Lanthanotus

Hi David,

I am sorry I probably can't be of much help,.. the figure instantly reminded me of several chinasaur models (toys produced by "unknown" chinese companies) like this one. Obviously, your son's figure is different (and I find it's comparably nice, also it has no pronated hands and stands on two feet!), though some aspects are machted quite close. In the linked comments "Billy-V" is named a possible company, another comment says "Toyway" and this company  indeed has a model that looks similar to your model, but yeah, similar, but not the same.
Anyway, your chance is good someone can identify it here ;)

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: saltuari on March 26, 2017, 10:04:32 PM
Hi to everyone

my 5 year old son has lost his favourite toy, a little T Rex. I don't remember where it came from. I think it must be a cheap toy, but I hope some of you can recognize it so I can buy my son a new one. I don't know if it could help you, but we live in Italy. Here are his pictures. Thank you for every advice you can give me

David

I have this. The only difference is that mine doesn't have the brown markings on it. It is just gray with darker gray on its back.

saltuari

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 26, 2017, 11:44:28 PM
Hi to everyone

David

I have this. The only difference is that mine doesn't have the brown markings on it. It is just gray with darker gray on its back.

Do you know the company who made it or where I can buy it? Thx

David

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: saltuari on March 27, 2017, 07:00:22 AM
Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 26, 2017, 11:44:28 PM
Hi to everyone

David

Do you know the company who made it or where I can buy it? Thx

David
I'm not sure what company it is from, but I got mine at Walmart. You might be able to find it at Toys'R'Us.

Neosodon

I used to get similar styled dinosaurs from Walmart. Walmart would be the best place to look for a similar dinosaur but it is unlikely to find the exact same model. But I don't even know if they have Walmarts in Italy. It looks pretty nice for a chinosaur. I see why your son likes it.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

sauroid

any info regarding this retro T. rex resin model? (the feet and one arm got detached while in transit) the lack of visible teeth is quite weird. im sure there's a ceratopsian opponent.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

God that pose just screams rigor mortis. Lay him down and let him be at peace.

Sim

Quote from: sauroid on March 28, 2017, 12:51:32 PM
any info regarding this retro T. rex resin model? (the feet and one arm got detached while in transit) the lack of visible teeth is quite weird. im sure there's a ceratopsian opponent.

There's an unpainted version in Dan LoRusso's Kaiyodo collection, it should be the fifth photo here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheDinosaurStudio/photos/?tab=album&album_id=177835332367475

Blade-of-the-Moon

pretty sure it's an older Kaiyodo , it probably came with teeth on a sprue  all individual...loads of fun to assemble!

I wonder if they basing it on the older Horizon one?

Lanthanotus

I dunno the model, but Capcom is a famous Japanese game company, if that cardboard box is not only there for standing issues, I could imagine it's a model out of a computer/console game, Kaiyodo did several of those I think. Brett (brettnj) should probably be able to help you with more informations and/or the purchase of one.

UK

Any ideas on who made these vintage MPC familiars from Japan? Thanks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: