News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

The dig-kit trilobite looks like a lower Devonian phacopid called Drotops.

Good luck figuring out the ammonite...it looks like so many. Orthosphinctes might be a good fill-in name. And hey, at least its Jurassic! Still the usual ammonitic form though.

The horseshoe crab is your basic Limulus, which is definitively known from 20 MYA, although very similar fossil ones have been found as far back as the Ordovician.

And the Safari trilobite is Raymondites--it is labelled on the toob that came with the smaller version.

Also, you might as well tell everyone where to get them--who wouldn't want another trilobite figure?!

Desperate

Hello everyone, I stumbled across this site while trying to find information on an unopened collector's dinosaur scale model.  I am getting desperate as I could find very little on this particular item and I am hoping someone can help me.  I have had this for years and it was very expensive new but I just never got around to taking it out of the box and setting it up.  I found a review of the dinosaur but what I am hoping for is information on the rarity and the value of this particular piece.  Mostly I am wondering if it is valuable enough not to take it out of the box and I am hoping for real dollar value on this and not just an "it's valuable" answer like I have received in the past.  Here is the link to a review of the one I have: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2010/05/19/tyrannosaurus-tyrant-king-statue-safari-ltd-primal/

Simon

That Safari TRex sold for $100 ten years ago, and I would doubt if its worth more than that today.  There have been so many far superior Trex models in that time, that to me it looks dated and the detail quite unimpressive. 

Then again, what do I know.  I personally wouldn't buy it if someone was selling it for $20 on ebay. 

Anyone else have a better take?

Seijun

I dont know any more than what the review tells, but it is a figure I have been searching for for a while now to help complete my safari collection. I think $100 was a lot to pay for the figure when it was new, but I would not mind paying that much for it now.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

I dont see this products in Spain.............. :'(.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Desperate

Thank you all for the answers so far.  It sounds like that was an offer Seijun.  If it was an offer I will have to decline for now until I get more information as I would hate to get rid of it too soon.  However, once I get more info on this dinosaur and if I decide to sell it then you will have first crack at it.  I have not had good experiences with jumping the gun when selling things.  If any of you can thing of a different section or different forum where I could get more answers to my original question then please let me know.  I am not doubting you guys but I was originally hoping to get 5-10 different opinions so I could make an informed decision on whether or not to keep it.  Thank you all for helping me out and please keep the info coming.

Seijun

It was sort of an offer, but I think you should keep it if you are not sure you want to let go of it (I consider it very rare so you would probably not be able to get another one any time soon if you got sellers remorse). Since I have never seen one for sale before its really hard to say what it would actually be worth. Unless someone else here has recently seen one for sale on ebay or elsewhere, then there may be no way to know its worth without actually selling yours.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

UK

Would love some help to identify these, softer plastic than the Shreddies....

Thanks

Seijun

Desperate

anyone with any more info on the value of the Primal! Tyrant King please help as I need more info even though Seijun has been very helpful.

Libraraptor

http://donglutsdinosaurs.com/airflix-models-2/

According to Don Glut´s website, these are Airfix Models. So my question is not what brand they are but if they are still available and at which price? You know, they´re monochrome and, well, I like them!

CityRaptor

Don't think they are currently in production.  Saw them pop up on EBay Germany  from time to time. The final prices then are around 10 €. There are also two sets with three Dinosaurs ( well, one with 3 Dinosaurs and the other with one with "Brontosaurus", Dimetrodon and Pteranodon ) each.

So far, I saw two Triceratops, one Dimetrodon and one Set 1 ( Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus ), with the Set selling for 15€

Anyone else, the Tyrannosaurus on the box looks rather scared?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Daverat

In trying to identify this four inch Bronze Dimetrodon so I can list it on Ebay I found one that was almost just like it and they are asking the absurd prince of $89.99 for a whole one and $39.99 for one with a broken tail. Are those prices just pie-in-the-sky dreams. I'd be happy if I got $10.00 for mine.

stoneage

Quote from: Daverat on December 21, 2012, 10:46:38 PM
In trying to identify this four inch Bronze Dimetrodon so I can list it on Ebay I found one that was almost just like it and they are asking the absurd prince of $89.99 for a whole one and $39.99 for one with a broken tail. Are those prices just pie-in-the-sky dreams. I'd be happy if I got $10.00 for mine.

That's an SRG figure.  Sell Rite Gifts started making them back in 1947.  I'd say at the least, it's worth $19.99.  The prices you've mentioned are probably on the high side, but you never know what someone might pay.  The only way to find out for sure is to post in on E-Bay.

ChrisLikesDinos

Anybody have any information on this figure? It showed up at a random Jurassic Park branded booth at Toy Fair in 2006, but there was no information about the products at the booth or anything of the sort. At best, it kind of looks like something Papo would make, but why it showed up at a JP booth.. I don't know. As far as I know none of the products at the booth came out.

The 'booth' it was at:

The source story from back in 2006

http://www.jptoys.com/index.php/2006/02/14/319-jurassic-park-toy-fair

copper

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on December 22, 2012, 12:39:51 AM
Anybody have any information on this figure? It showed up at a random Jurassic Park branded booth at Toy Fair in 2006, but there was no information about the products at the booth or anything of the sort. At best, it kind of looks like something Papo would make, but why it showed up at a JP booth.. I don't know. As far as I know none of the products at the booth came out.

i might be totally wrong but could it be massively customizsed model?  i see some some similarities with papo tyrannosaurus.  ???

tyrantqueen

Quote from: copper on December 22, 2012, 12:48:22 AM

i might be totally wrong but could it be massively customizsed model?  i see some some similarities with papo tyrannosaurus.  ???
It's Joe Laudati's Robertosaurus Rex, see here http://www.joelaudati.com/#!__dinos-gallery

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2012, 01:47:28 AM
Quote from: copper on December 22, 2012, 12:48:22 AM

It's Joe Laudati's Robertosaurus Rex, see here http://www.joelaudati.com/#!__dinos-gallery

Wow, thank you so much for helping solve this mystery! I wonder how and why it ended up at a JP booth at Toy Fair..

docronnie

Here's the 4D Puzzle from Sega Toys that I'm talking about:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504773052876875&set=a.493048347382679.111355.100000325548512&type=3&theater

My friend bought it and I bought the Famemaster one.

We tried to search for it online but failed.  We can't read Japanese.

Any help on its date of production and authenticity is much appreciated.

TIA!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Ikessauro

Hey guys, I need info on some figures I got in a lot. I'm not sure who made them  and they have no markings at all. Here are the pics, ID them if possible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: