News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

I have the nothosaurus figure and other of the same kind as pleisosaurus. I bought this figure whe i was a child in a zoo
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

The pink Theropods and the Edmontosaurus are Marx-bootlegs I believe. The others are all various "brands" of Chinasaurs, except maybe for that Iguanodon like creature in the penultimate picture.

Takama

Disneys Animal Kingdom Dinosaur from Mcdonalds.

It was a Kids meal toy in America.  Every one of the other Figures you posted are Chinasaurs

Seijun

The little red tric and green sauropod look like knockoffs of Imperials.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

docronnie

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 28, 2012, 03:29:07 PM
Hey guys, I need info on some figures I got in a lot. I'm not sure who made them  and they have no markings at all. Here are the pics, ID them if possible.

Hi Ikessauro! Congrats on those Ja-Ru figures!

Here's a link to identify them and some of the others too: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/21043/ja-ru-dinosaurs-cd89af-c45
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

For McDonalds toys, markings are usually seen under the belly or on the legs.

docronnie

Takama's right! Here are the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsugfQpWyw
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/619/mcdonalds-triceratops-c70

It's a McDonalds Toy promoting Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Daverat

Quote from: stoneage on December 22, 2012, 12:05:15 AM
Quote from: Daverat on December 21, 2012, 10:46:38 PM
In trying to identify this four inch Bronze Dimetrodon so I can list it on Ebay I found one that was almost just like it and they are asking the absurd prince of $89.99 for a whole one and $39.99 for one with a broken tail. Are those prices just pie-in-the-sky dreams. I'd be happy if I got $10.00 for mine.

That's an SRG figure.  Sell Rite Gifts started making them back in 1947.  I'd say at the least, it's worth $19.99.  The prices you've mentioned are probably on the high side, but you never know what someone might pay.  The only way to find out for sure is to post in on E-Bay.

Thank you. I listed it on Ebay for $9.89 and it sold for $21.80 so you were just about right.  I've found that if you start with a low opening bid you will mostly get what you'd espect and sometimes are surprised and shocked at to the high price something might actually go for.

Daverat

Quote from: Daverat on November 08, 2012, 06:03:21 PM
Thank you for the replies on my posts so far. I will probably be listing some of those items on Ebay in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I'm still trying to identify the plaster making kit that these guys came from. I had it in the early 1970s I believe and this is all that is left from it now...

I'm still trying to identify the kit that these came from. It's all I have left of it. There is no box or anything else left from it. My parents and sibling have no recollection beyond that I had it and that it was the late 1960s or very early 1970s

suspsy

Behold Pachycephalosaurus. If memory serves me correctly, I acquired this specimen from the Royal Ontario Museum sometime during the late 1980s'. There was a special Dinomation exhibit going on at the time (you know, the robotic dinosaurs), as well as a magnificent collection of dinosaur art.

As you can see, it's superbly detailed and reasonably accurate. Anyone recognise it?

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Ha! I had that Tyrannosaurus rex as well! Fantastic!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Link666

I've been to flee market today and bought this dinosaur toy.
Does anyone know what type of dinosaur is it?
Or is it just a dinosaur wannabe?

Thanks!

CityRaptor

That is Kabell from the blindbagged Toyline "Predators DNA Fusion". He is a Triceratholestes, a Hybrid between Triceratops and Ornitholestes. You might notice a hole in his right hand, that is for his weapon.
Those guys are not realistic at all, but they are kinda fun, if you like Monsters.

Anyone knows something about these?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Set-Dinosaurier-von-Simba-aus-Sammeltutchen-/271133902291
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Link666

Thank you very much! :)

Btw, about your ebay link, here (in Croatia) we have a shop called Offertisima, it's like a china shop thing. They have a 4 or 5 dinosour toys in a little bag that look VERY much like those in your link and they cost 8 kunas which is about 1.1 euros or 1.4 dollars. (Rates based on my countrys national exchange rate.)

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 06, 2013, 03:38:46 PM
That is Kabell from the blindbagged Toyline "Predators DNA Fusion". He is a Triceratholestes, a Hybrid between Triceratops and Ornitholestes. You might notice a hole in his right hand, that is for his weapon.
Those guys are not realistic at all, but they are kinda fun, if you like Monsters.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Set-Dinosaurier-von-Simba-aus-Sammeltutchen-/271133902291

They've been around for a while--they were given out with Panini stickers in the early 90s, and keep popping up. They added a few newer ones a couple years ago, but they don't show up much.

The whole set can be seen here but the site is selling a commercial lot (6 full sets, which is ridiculous!).

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on January 06, 2013, 09:33:13 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 06, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Those are Panini, distributed by ELC and other companies.

Panini is the sticker company that first produced them. I believe they were made by Mech, but I'm not sure.

docronnie

Need help if this is a Marx 1959 mold original or recast or knock off.  According to what I've researched the original Marx Brontosaurus figures are gray, brown and green. Some specials are in metallic green or silver.  This one that I got yesterday is yellow:

As I see it, it has no signs of recast, but as a newbie, I can't tell if this is an original and only an expert Marx Dino collector could (according to Ebay guidelines).

Thanks in advance for the help.  :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: docronnie on January 07, 2013, 07:41:38 AM
Need help if this is a Marx 1959 mold original or recast or knock off.  According to what I've researched the original Marx Brontosaurus figures are gray, brown and green. Some specials are in metallic green or silver.  This one that I got yesterday is yellow:

It is marked Brontosaurus "70' LONG.

As I see it, it has no signs of recast, but as a newbie, I can't tell if this is an original and only an expert Marx Dino collector could (according to Ebay guidelines).

Thanks in advance for the help.  :)
The marx pieces made in the latter seventies and even early eighties used these colors for the dinosaurs, as well as incorporating pieces cast in the molds from MPC as well. I believe your piece is legitimate marx, late seventies era, however.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: