News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Thanks!

Any Info on the Spinosaurus and the Bird ( especially the Bird ). Looks like something older.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/321015185460
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Daverat

Unfortunately I no long have the kit that made these but all I know is that it was from the late '60s or very early '70s...

Daverat

I believe that these four guys are all from the same set and I guessing from the early '70s...

Daverat

Here are a few super minis that I'm guessing are from the early 70s...

Daverat

One last set that I want to post tonight and that should keep all of you busy for a little while. Once again another set from the late '60s early '70s...

Seijun

Reply 202: These are marx knockoffs. I don't know if they are from any particular company or if they are just generic/no-name Chinese knockoffs.
Reply 203: Timmee mini figures
Reply 204: Tootsie toys sandbox figures. I have heard these are still being made but I have yet to see evidence of it.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

sauroid

please ID this Styracosaurus. it is soft/hollow vinyl about 9"L/6"H

TIA
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Sauroid, I believe that Styracosaurus is Happinet....although I am not 100% sure. It could also be Dinosaur King. Take it with a grain of salt.

Jetoar

I think the same  ^-^. It is possible that He is Happinet figure.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

thanks everyone. yes i checked out Bokisaurus old thread about Sega and Happinet figures. the Styrac is happinet indeed.  ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on November 07, 2012, 07:24:38 AM
Reply 202: These are marx knockoffs. I don't know if they are from any particular company or if they are just generic/no-name Chinese knockoffs.
Reply 203: Timmee mini figures
Reply 204: Tootsie toys sandbox figures. I have heard these are still being made but I have yet to see evidence of it.

Those knock offs look like the JaRu recasts

Daverat

Thank you for the replies on my posts so far. I will probably be listing some of those items on Ebay in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I'm still tring to identify the plaster making kit that these guys came from. I had it in the early 1970s I believe and this is all that is left from it now...

Daverat

Recently I was looking up some rubber erasers that I have and came across some images of what was being called Chinasaurs and recognized that I have two of them. Is that what these guys are really called?

SBell

Quote from: Daverat on November 15, 2012, 12:44:38 AM
Recently I was looking up some rubber erasers that I have and came across some images of what was being called Chinasaurs and recognized that I have two of them. Is that what these guys are really called?

Those look like JaRu figures--many of their figures were MPC/Marx knock offs, with a few originals. Plus, a bunch of monstrous things (like these) that later went on to inspire D&D monsters, but aren't really based on anything real.

sauroid

please ID the maker of these two figures
Ankylosaurus (3 1/2" L)

Chasmosaurus (3 1/2" L)

TIA/TFL

Seijun

They look like sega Dinosaur King figures, or at least they are based on them.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

Yes he has the same colors that Dino King Torosaurus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ammonites

Guess I can post this here since it says if you have a question on species.  Just got these in a kit and all it says is "Ammonite" and "Trilobite" but no species.  Everyone here seems to be a whole lot more knowledgable than me so I'll ask you.  Not sure if the Horseshoe crab would need anything else for identification and the skeleton is for Psittacosaurus.

While I'm at it, does anyone know the species for the Safari Trilobite?  Apologies if they've been identified previously.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Ammonites on November 27, 2012, 09:48:35 PM
Guess I can post this here since it says if you have a question on species.  Just got these in a kit and all it says is "Ammonite" and "Trilobite" but no species.  Everyone here seems to be a whole lot more knowledgable than me so I'll ask you.  Not sure if the Horseshoe crab would need anything else for identification and the skeleton is for Psittacosaurus.

While I'm at it, does anyone know the species for the Safari Trilobite?  Apologies if they've been identified previously.

Not sure I could be much help identifying anything there, but what exactly is the kit itself? Would be rather interested in perhaps acquiring that set, to get my hands on the psittacosaurus skeleton included.  Where is it availible or how does one obtain the set? thanks.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ammonites

PM Sent.  It is an interesting kit, but I was more interested in the models themselves than what the kit was meant for.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: