News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on October 09, 2020, 09:25:20 PM
Does anybody recognize this Iguanodon figure? I came across it as part of a lot listing on ebay UK. I really like the old-style sculpt of this figure. The link to the actual listing is as follows: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinosaur-Toys-Books-Glove-Puppet-Bundle-30-Dinosaurs/293774267922?hash=item44664f9612:g:nREAAOSwmC9fgFtI

That is most probably the painted Invicta Iguanodon. 8)

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 09, 2020, 09:46:55 PM
That is most probably the painted Invicta Iguanodon. 8)

I think you're right. Thanks!  :)
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Skorpio V.

I've had this retro... deinonychus (?) for longer than I could remember and know nothing of it. It has MADE IN CHINA printed quite small where his/her cloaca should be but other than that there isn't anything to distinguish this guy/gal.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Shonisaurus

It reminds me of the AAA dromaeosaurus that I have had my collection for more than thirty-five years, the animal is very similar to that, vinyl dromaeosaurus. I pass the link, Can it be a dromaeosaurus AAA model in a different version? Can the brand be AAA?

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/AAA_Dromaeosaurus_Large

Skorpio V.

Mine seems to be a few bricks smaller than the one in that photo, would it be possible even AAA got some bootlegs made?
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

RobinGoodfellow

It's a bootleg of the AAA Deinonychus (the small one):

Skorpio V.

That explains the size difference, thanks to you both! ;D

Halichoeres

In case you run across this alleged Carchorodontosaurus online, it's a thinly-disguised bootleg of the Vitae Sinraptor. H/t avatar_Loon @Loon for the identification.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2020, 05:57:11 PM
In case you run across this alleged Carchorodontosaurus online, it's a thinly-disguised bootleg of the Vitae Sinraptor. H/t avatar_Loon @Loon for the identification.
link, i might be able to buy it because its a cheap bootleg i want to see how bad it is

Halichoeres

Sorry, I'd prefer not to. I don't mean this unkindly, but I just can't personally justify promoting the sale of a knockoff.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

I'm still skeptical that's a clone of the Vitae Sinraptor. It can only be it if the photos have been reversed. Either way it's a cheaply made Chinese figure of unknown origin that probably doesn't meet quality standards, wouldn't chance it.

Shonisaurus

I don't think they are Vitae dinosaur figures, they are a simple simulation. I am almost totally sure that these figures do not belong to the Vitae brand.

Halichoeres

It's not a straight recast, but I'm pretty confident it uses the Sinraptor as a base. The manufacturer's entire output is bootlegs, mostly Schleich, but no major company seems to be spared.

EmmaLVV

So apparently AAA did XL dinosaur models? Got this in a bundle recently, and it's HUGE! Has a hefty weight to it as well, so definitely not hollow either. Anyone know if AAA made a series of these? Did it have a series name?

Libraraptor

If it is from AAA which I Think it is, it should have a circle with Three A's in it.

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV : Yes, Emma, you are absolutely right, this super giant Dimetrodon is from AAA, I own a few of them, in summer, they live in my great garden in the
shadow under bushes, in winter, there are in my house!
From this huge serie of AAA are in existence huge Dromaeosaurs, Tyrannosaur in light grey and dark green, Stegosaurs in dark green and military green with blue dots,
huge Brachiosaurs in dark green and dark yellow with brown stripes/dots, Triceratops in dark green and steel grey with bordeaux-red stripes!

Yes, there are all very heavy in full rubber, that gives them the weight, I think, nearly around 1 kg of weight!
The stegosaur and triceratops is very heavy, too, brachiosaur and dromaeosaurs have a little less weight than dimetrodon!

All figures are existing as smaller variants, too, for example this giant Dimetrodon in mini version, good to take as a Dimetrodon baby!

And yes, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, the 3 AAA are in a circle! The brand print is under the belly there, where the tail begins!

If you would like to sell him, write me PM, please, thanks a lot!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Stegotyranno420

EmmaLVV

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno : The head from nose to beginning of sail is 8 cm long, beginning of sail til tip of tail 38 cm, together in total 46 cm long!
The height from floor til highest point of sail 23 cm ! Unfortunately I cannot say anything to his exact weight, but possibly avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV ?
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

Wow, interesting. I was only aware of the giant-sized dromaeosaur, didn't realize there was a Dimetrodon in this format.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.