News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 31, 2014, 07:17:31 PM
just going by the style of the scale sculpting I'd say its Jasman
but with no makers marks perhaps Jasman is suffering from bootlegs :P

how large is it?

I don't know, my friend was supposed to measure it soon and send me the numbers. Judging from the photos I would say it's no bigger than 15 -
20 cm long, tops.

Everything_Dinosaur

Very curious indeed, we agree it does have a look of a Pachyrhinosaur about it but none of us have ever seen this model before.  Good luck with identifying it.

Maryna

please help. my sons addicted dinosaurs. I bought some toys, but I can not determine what kind of dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

The one in the middle is from Disney's Dinosaur, and the one on the far right is a Playmobil baby Spinosaurus. I'm not sure about the rest, they look like generic chinasaurs to me.

Ultimatedinoking

Question: I got this "dinosaur" yesterday, but I can't figure out what it is. It's quadrupedal, has a head like a dimetrodon, and a sail. It's not splayed legged, has three fingers and four toes (one of which doesn't touch the ground), and is dark green with an off white belly.

What is it?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Maryna

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 10, 2014, 06:31:06 PM
The one in the middle is from Disney's Dinosaur, and the one on the far right is a Playmobil baby Spinosaurus. I'm not sure about the rest, they look like generic chinasaurs to me.
thank you, but I need the kinds of dinosaurs...Spinosaurus and .... other??? Help me please ::)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Maryna on August 10, 2014, 07:36:58 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 10, 2014, 06:31:06 PM
thank you, but I need the kinds of dinosaurs...Spinosaurus and .... other??? Help me please ::)

This sounds familiar. Would you like to say up front if you are a banned ex member?

Roselaar

Quote from: Maryna on August 10, 2014, 06:13:09 PM
please help. my sons addicted dinosaurs. I bought some toys, but I can not determine what kind of dinosaurs

Top: Dilophosaurus, Corythosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Apatosaurus
Second: Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Styracosaurus
Third: Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ceratosaurus
Fourth: Apatosaurus, Ornithomimus
Last: Dimetrodon, Iguanodon, Spinosaurus

Considering most are indeed generic dinosaurs, some species may be open to speculation.

Ultimatedinoking

I think the styracosaurus is support to be a protoceratops.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Maryna

Thank you very much, you really helped :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Maryna on August 10, 2014, 07:45:33 PM
Thank you very much, you really helped :)

Great! :) Glad you found what you were looking for. Sorry for my comment, I was confusing you with someone else  :)

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Maryna

Roselaar, Ultimatedinoking,  tyrantqueen :) :) :) :)

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Hynerpeton

These were from ebay. I won't get em now sadly. Cause there is a bid. :( anyone know who made the prehistoric fish that have stare on them? Anyone here have em?

Pm me if needed. Thanks

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

(as I told you when you asked before in the eBay thread....) only the pink one is prehistoric

the purple anglerfish is by AAA. the bass/perch might also be by AAA, not certain on the others

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 20, 2014, 09:50:12 PM
(as I told you when you asked before in the eBay thread....) only the pink one is prehistoric

the purple anglerfish is by AAA. the bass/perch might also be by AAA, not certain on the others

Thanks. The more i look at the pink one the more i think i know who makes it.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Quote from: predino on August 20, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

USToys made an acanthodiian similar to the one in the picutre, but it is different--more s-curved, and a solid colour (I have a pink one, I've also seen green).

The one in the picture is from the same company as the starred red and yellow fish, but no idea who that is. I had my first set 25 years ago, and they continue to pop up without names or makers. And in a number of colours.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SBell on August 20, 2014, 11:34:35 PM

USToys made an acanthodiian similar to the one in the picutre, but it is different--more s-curved, and a solid colour (I have a pink one, I've also seen green).

The one in the picture is from the same company as the starred red and yellow fish, but no idea who that is. I had my first set 25 years ago, and they continue to pop up without names or makers. And in a number of colours.

So how can I get ahold of these? Could i get them from you if you come across any in your travels and such? So many pre Dino's i see that i never knew exsisted but do. And I want!
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Quote from: predino on August 21, 2014, 12:32:26 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 20, 2014, 11:34:35 PM

So how can I get ahold of these? Could i get them from you if you come across any in your travels and such? So many pre Dino's i see that i never knew exsisted but do. And I want!

I'm not about to give mine up, and most people won't. Plus, I would ask a lot for them!

Really, the important thing is to just go for things when you see them--really, first rule of collecting is 'get it while you can', because things cost a lot more later on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: