News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Oh ok. I know you would not give yours upl if i had em i would not either. :) i will see if i can find more of them. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Invicta Hunter

Does anyone know anything about this figure, it's about 9 inches long and has 1998 U.S.C.I written on it's underside.

EmperorDinobot

No idea. It's nice.

What's this?

Thanks in advance.

And does anyone want him?

Roselaar

No idea about either dinosaur, but the T-Rex kinda looks like the Dakin JP figure. The figures for the original movie have '1993 UCS & Amblin' on their belly, so that's also suspiciously close.

Invicta Hunter

Yeah I thought it might have something to do with Jurassic Park or the lost world. Maybe the U.S. part stands for Universal Studios, it might have been sold in the gift shop.

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 12, 2014, 11:53:13 AM
Yeah I thought it might have something to do with Jurassic Park or the lost world. Maybe the U.S. part stands for Universal Studios, it might have been sold in the gift shop.

Could be, that might also explain why I haven't seen it before on JPtoys. Giftshop exclusive or something.

Scipionyx

I found these two funny-looking toys in a big box of old dinosaur/animal toys I have. I'm fairly certain of the species (one being a stegosaurus and the other a "brontosaurus" or similar generic sauropod), but I don't know anything about them as respects their make or when they were manufactured. Hopefully some of the experts here will know something about them?

Niether of these models have any markings of date, company or species.

The photographs (taken in poor conditions, sorry) seem to make this sauropod look bigger than it is: it is only around 20cm long.

Here is the stegosaur.

Both faces look rather misshapen up close. The poor paint job does not help.

Thanks in advance for any help in identifying these models!

Painting by Heinrich Harder.

Roselaar

Those seem to be low quality Marx knock-offs.

Scipionyx

Painting by Heinrich Harder.

EmperorDinobot

Sooo....nobody knows what that red raptor figure is?

And what's this?

(Does anyone want it?)

Invicta Hunter

Alexxitator

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/191332412023?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Very nice looking skull on Ebay, though obviously mislabelled. What is it? Or is it an actual skull model?
My guess would be some form of raptor...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Alexxitator on September 18, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/191332412023?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Very nice looking skull on Ebay, though obviously mislabelled. What is it? Or is it an actual skull model?

Its a velociraptor... no clue on who made it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EmperorDinobot

Patrx

I'm still trying to clarify the origins of this guy:

Has anybody seen it before?

Nebuloid

Quote from: Patrx on September 26, 2014, 05:32:10 PM

Thats looks great, is it resin ? Or maybe an unpainted promotional item ?

Patrx

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 26, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Patrx on September 26, 2014, 05:32:10 PM

Thats looks great, is it resin ? Or maybe an unpainted promotional item ?

It's a pretty heavy resin material. l picked it up in an eBay auction, but the seller didn't have any info about its origins. It kind of resembles a feathered version of the 2010 desktop model, but it's not quite the same style.

Libraraptor

Whoever made that one, it´s really great!
And isn´t it great how quickly and profoundly one gets answers here in most cases? Experts help newcomers, newcomers bring in new life and noone has to be ashamed of any question, because we all started without being dinosaur experts, didn´t we?
Let´s keep this place worth being around, an oasis on the web!

Patrx

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 27, 2014, 09:45:08 PM
Whoever made that one, it´s really great!
Indeed, I'm quite happy with it :) The legs are a bit odd and the tail too short, but its face is just so darn cute! Now if I could just work out to whom credit is owed for sculpting it. Further comparisons lead me to see more similarities between this model and the 2010 Favorite desktop models. It has the lips and nostril design of that Tyrannosaurus, and a few scale details that resemble those of that line's Allosaurus. Also, the base is very similar to those and the 2012 Dino Expo Tyrannosaurus by Favorite. Perhaps this model was also done by Takashi Oda?

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 27, 2014, 09:45:08 PM
And isn´t it great how quickly and profoundly one gets answers here in most cases? Experts help newcomers, newcomers bring in new life and noone has to be ashamed of any question, because we all started without being dinosaur experts, didn´t we?
Let´s keep this place worth being around, an oasis on the web!
I agree entirely! To me, this forum is an oasis of civility, even when things do get out of hand. One must only read the comments section of any YouTube video to realize how rare and valuable politeness and respect are on the Internet.

Panzerwerk

That is a Horrible recast of my original Velociraptor sculpt fro the late 90's , it was also copied by the Chinese/Japanese company .

Quote from: Alexxitator on September 18, 2014, 09:43:36 PM

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: