News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

mine are soft plastic, not exactly rubber or anything, about the consistency of the average safari toob figure

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 14, 2014, 05:31:08 PM
mine are soft plastic, not exactly rubber or anything, about the consistency of the average safari toob figure

I know what you mean, but I don't know what it is, maybe a generic protoceratops?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

sauroid

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 14, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Is it hard plastic or soft plastic?
it isn't hollow if that's what you meant. solid plastic at 5 cm long
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: sauroid on July 14, 2014, 05:37:19 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 14, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Is it hard plastic or soft plastic?
it isn't hollow if that's what you meant. solid plastic at 5 cm long

No I ment hard (like transformer plastic) or soft (like the red carnotaurus form last year).
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

stargatedalek

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 14, 2014, 05:34:16 PM

I know what you mean, but I don't know what it is, maybe a generic protoceratops?
nothing in the set was labelled, so that would be my guess

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 14, 2014, 05:43:51 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 14, 2014, 05:34:16 PM

nothing in the set was labelled, so that would be my guess

I don't like when that happens.
-UDK

stargatedalek

well it was just a dollar store no-name kit

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Roselaar

Chinasaurs or not, if the designers went through the trouble of checking up on lesser known species for production I always get annoyed they don't bother to name them properly and educate the young target audience a bit. Even though they usually get names wrong anyway. Now us collectors are stuck with unidentified species ad infinitum, and kids will start coming up with the wrong names. Believe me, kids care about such things too.

Still nobody knows nothing about no 'Iguadonon'?

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Roselaar on July 14, 2014, 08:10:20 PM
Chinasaurs or not, if the designers went through the trouble of checking up on lesser known species for production I always get annoyed they don't bother to name them properly and educate the young target audience a bit. Even though they usually get names wrong anyway. Now us collectors are stuck with unidentified species ad infinitum, and kids will start coming up with the wrong names. Believe me, kids care about such things too.

Still nobody knows nothing about no 'Iguadonon'?

Or tyransaurusno?
-UDK

tyrantqueen

QuoteStill nobody knows nothing about no 'Iguadonon'?

Lol, the name reminds me of Blablanadon, for some reason.

Takama

Anyone know the sculptor behind these two hidden models at the Saint Louis Zoo?

Libraraptor

I don´t, but I love the hadrosaur and it´s pose!

stargatedalek

the giganotosaurus(?) looks familiar, I think I may have seen others by the same sculptor in books
sorry I don't have anything more than that

LaFanda

Hello! I have a mystery dinosaur I'd like identified. This guy use to have a label on him, but it has been rubbed off and I can just barely make out the word "rex" at the end, so I am guessing he is suppose to be a Tyrannosaurus. I mostly want to know what brand he is. He is part of my collection that I had as a kid, which is mostly made up of Safari figures. Could he be a Safari dinosaur? Thanks!

If history repeats itself, I'm getting a dinosaur.

stargatedalek

I'm fairly certain it isn't a safari, but thats all I can tell you

Roselaar

I can safely say it isn't Safari, but I don't recognize it otherwise.

Blade-of-the-Moon

might be AAA or Playvision..?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roselaar on July 14, 2014, 12:58:38 PM
Got some figures I need IDying:

The green Iguanodon is labeled 'Iguadonon', but nothing else. It's deliciously retro and fairly detailed. The paint texture of its claws reminds me of old Carnegiesaurs.

Iguanodon is from Planeta De Agostini as far as I know. By the way, if you ever decide to sell it, let me know, I would love to have it.

docronnie

Quote from: LaFanda on July 21, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
Hello! I have a mystery dinosaur I'd like identified. This guy use to have a label on him, but it has been rubbed off and I can just barely make out the word "rex" at the end, so I am guessing he is suppose to be a Tyrannosaurus. I mostly want to know what brand he is. He is part of my collection that I had as a kid, which is mostly made up of Safari figures. Could he be a Safari dinosaur? Thanks!

Is it hollow?  If hollow, it could be Toy Major. If solid, could be AAA.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: