News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 22, 2014, 03:45:05 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on July 14, 2014, 12:58:38 PM
Got some figures I need IDying:

The green Iguanodon is labeled 'Iguadonon', but nothing else. It's deliciously retro and fairly detailed. The paint texture of its claws reminds me of old Carnegiesaurs.

Iguanodon is from Planeta De Agostini as far as I know. By the way, if you ever decide to sell it, let me know, I would love to have it.

It is a cool figure. The little Protoceratops is neat too if  I may add.

EmperorDinobot

Yeah, The Iguanodon is from Planeta de Agostini/Salvat released those along with issues of Dinosaurios, which was based on the 1993 Big Book of Dinosaurs, rehashed in 1999-2000 under the Disney's Dinosaur brand, but the books were out of sequence the second time around. I have most issue from both years, and several of those dinosaurs. I could shoot them and show them to y'all sometime.

These two need ID

Needs ID. What is this?

Schliech mini dinosaur knock-offs. Need ID. No identifiable marks.

Chad

Hi all. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any best guesses on genus?

stargatedalek

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 22, 2014, 11:20:12 AM

Schliech mini dinosaur knock-offs. Need ID. No identifiable marks.
I'm fairly certain they are Animal Planet (not Chap Mei)
whats the material like? if its fairly soft than most likely they are Animal Planet

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Chad on July 22, 2014, 01:12:31 PM

It's an Edmontosaurus, I believe it says so on the belly. And it's by AAA.

Chad

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 22, 2014, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: Chad on July 22, 2014, 01:12:31 PM

It's an Edmontosaurus, I believe it says so on the belly. And it's by AAA.

Yep, that's it. Ironically enough, I just happened to see the same thing on ebay UK about 30 seconds ago with a description! It's actually not a bad looking figure--a nice "elephant" feel to it.

sauroid

yeah. very well detailed for a china figure. i also have it.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Thanks for the info on the Iguanodon, Ikessauro and EmperorDB! JUst googled the rest of that line. Really an odd bunch of dinosaur styles.

Blackdanter

Anyone know anything about these? My wife bought these rather lovely retro figures for me as a surprise early birthday present from the US. Two are clearly Invicta inspired so they cannot be older than 1972. They're unmarked, bronze cast and very heavy. I really like them but have not been able to find any reference to them anywhere.

Allosaurus (possibly intended to be a Rex but he has three fingers!)

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

stargatedalek

the allo has chameleon fingers :P

I've never seen these before, but you're right they do strongly resemble Invicta counterparts

Roselaar

Very interesting! The Theropod also resembles the blue UKRD Rex, but there's enough differences to distinguish it from UKRD.

EmperorDinobot

Please ID. They are made of rubber and are rather heavy.
The "Pteranodon" is not heavy.

And does anyone want them?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blackdanter

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 29, 2014, 10:11:44 AM

Please ID. They are made of rubber and are rather heavy.
The "Pteranodon" is not heavy.

And does anyone want them?

The top 3 are AAA. The Pteranodon looks like it may be UKRD but it needs a better angle. All should be marked.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd get them for the gift shop for the right price bud.

Hynerpeton

Is the blue Dino a dimetrodon? If so let me pm u,
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

docronnie

The Blue Dino is marked Dimetrodon.  I also have it:

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Quote from: docronnie on July 30, 2014, 08:15:06 AM
The Blue Dino is marked Dimetrodon.  I also have it:

And so will i. Just bought it. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Ikessauro

I have posted this figure before, but the photos were really bad quality. Now i found someone who has it and he took these pics for me. Seems like a Pachyrhinosaurus, but I can't figure out anything else about it. What intrigues me is that it seems a really old model, an obvious chinasaur-like quality piece. There are no markings on the figure. The guys said he got it from his dad around 2008, it came with a He-Man figure.

stargatedalek

just going by the style of the scale sculpting I'd say its Jasman
but with no makers marks perhaps Jasman is suffering from bootlegs :P

how large is it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: