News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Manatee on October 11, 2014, 12:10:17 AM
Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 09, 2014, 08:14:36 PM
does anyone know what company do they made this RC rex?
Animal Planet. It says so on the remote control.
Animal Planet doesn't make their own toys,  they put their name on toys made by various companies

MaastrichtianGuy

i also notice something that the wooly mammoth made by marolin doesn't seems to be a regular wooly mammoth so could this be an American mastodon or something else

Neon-Allo

I have recently been on the blog because I have recently purchased the CollectA Hatzegopteryx and I wanted to see some pictures of the model before it was shipped to me. It of course looked excellent, haha! But I wanted to know what the prey that it was eating is. I've tried to look at the genus it represents, but I can't figure that out either,haha. Do you guys know what this model is.

tyrantqueen

That's Boki's photo. I think it's a Bandai Japanese figure.

Neon-Allo

Yeah, I am aware that Boki took the photo, is it impolite to have it in my post? If it is, I will remove it. But thanks!

sauroid

it's a Parasaurolophus carcass from Bandai predation set
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Chad

Any idea what the big blue fish thingy in the middle is? Just a fantasy animal?

Thanks

--Chad

Invicta Hunter

It's one of the bad characters from Ice Age 2.

Chad

Ah thanks. There were good characters in that?  ;)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Anyone able to identify any or all the figures below?

I think some of them might be AAA and DeAgostini. The T-Rex has an ugly head and an awkward pose but is otherwise quite detailed and deliciously retro, kinda like a Harryhausen model. The black (and soft) Ankylosaurid is interesting, it's labeled a Pinacosaurus. That's one more species off the Unique Species Thread. :)

stargatedalek

I have (possibly had) that pinacosaurus, it was a generic dollar store find, I don't recall any particular brand name being applied to it

the four similarly sized figures on the right used to be sold in gift shops here years ago, they were bin figures (so not quite a "set" but they still go together), I don't recall the brand

sauroid

the four figures on the upper left are AAAs copied from Di Agostini
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I used to have the Tyrannosaurus. It's very strange. It seems to have been inspired by this old Horizon kit

pylraster

Quote from: docronnie on July 22, 2014, 05:23:58 AM
Quote from: LaFanda on July 21, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
Hello! I have a mystery dinosaur I'd like identified. This guy use to have a label on him, but it has been rubbed off and I can just barely make out the word "rex" at the end, so I am guessing he is suppose to be a Tyrannosaurus. I mostly want to know what brand he is. He is part of my collection that I had as a kid, which is mostly made up of Safari figures. Could he be a Safari dinosaur? Thanks!

Is it hollow?  If hollow, it could be Toy Major. If solid, could be AAA.

Looks like a Playvision figure. http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/playVision.htm

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 15, 2014, 08:19:00 AM
I used to have the Tyrannosaurus. It's very strange. It seems to have been inspired by this old Horizon kit

Interesting! So this Rex of mine is just a model kit knock-off then?

Thanks for the answers, folks!

tyrantqueen

A knock off...probably not. Just a copy. Most likely the artist who sculpted it was heavily referencing the Horizon kit. But I do not think they used the Horizon kit in the molding process. It's just too different from the Horizon for that to be possible.

Btw, does yours have a weird hole on the tail/belly area?

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2014, 02:28:17 PM

Btw, does yours have a weird hole on the tail/belly area?

Not particularly. It just has a few minor holes in the tail, to accomodate the flexible material it's made off. That's usual for rubbery dinosaur body parts (I've also seen it on the JP Coelophysis and Tanystropheus figures for example). But I don't think that's what you're referring to, right?

docronnie

I just got this metal baby (?) Stego, but I don't know who the maker is.  Hope someone here could identify it.  TIA!  :)

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

UK

I bought this from a museum shop in Finland. I forget what it's called and I know it's not a figure but can anyone put a name to the stone please?

Thanks

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: