News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

9. Probably Tyrannosaurus
10. could be Ornitholestes
11. Generic outdated Dromaeosaur/"Raptor"
12. Megalosaurus ( based on a certain artwork ) or Euparkeria
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

I didn't know the Battat Terra line also incorporated these cheap little dinosaurs. Can't really aplaud that decision, none of these are particularly good, let alone accurate.

CityRaptor

They seem to come around...now imagine the awesomeness of proper Mini-Battats!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

jen

Oh my goodness you guys rock! Thank you so much! I've spent so many, many more hours than I'd like to admit on trying to find names for these, and looks like I only had 6 of them correct. I was trying to match each characteristic from these little guys w google and a handful of children's reference type books for days now. Didn't cross my mind that they may not be accurate until I somehow ended up reading through this thread and learned of the Chinasaur.
I'm happy to be able to give my kids names to go along with this activity. Even though these figures aren't exact, they will help my preschoolers learn more names than T Rex which is what they so far have been calling anything on 2 legs!
Thank You Thank You Thank You!

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

From the Jurassic World movie gift shop, which was populated by real merch. Anyone recognize it, or is it perhaps something unreleased from Hasbro?

SBell

There is no way that is a Hasbro toy. Nothing from the JP line was 'realistic' like that.

And they only made dinosaurs and scaled action figures, not full size kids and parents like in the picture.

stargatedalek

If it is the same piece I recall it was actually a prop piece and not a toy, since an extra apparently knocked one over and it broke easily.

Arul

alexeratops

Deinonychus, Velociraptor, or most likely Troodon, based on what was in the movie. :)
like a bantha!

Arul

Yes but the answer is confusing...

I got this from their fb page..

stargatedalek

These three all have no makers marks on them.

This one if labelled struthiomimus with no makers mark

Lastly this one is labeled Panosh

Arul

Guys do you know what brand of this figure ? My friend got this from singapore. It have no marker

tyrantqueen

It's the Carnage Deinonychus, looks like the non-articulated version.

Arul

sauroid

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 08, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
These three all have no makers marks on them.

This one if labelled struthiomimus with no makers mark

the "Trachodon" and Struthiomimus are copies of vintage figures (either MPC or Marx)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

A.Garcia

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 08, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
Lastly this one is labeled Panosh

This prompted me to do a quick search, and it looks like that is one of the Panosh Dino Mites.

For instance:
http://www.littleweirdos.net/2012/02/dino-mites-dino-brites.html

http://www.cheaptoyland.com/showthread.php?t=91

http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/panosh.htm

I have a number of the rubbery neon ones, "Dino Brites", that were sold in packs on cards just like what is shown in the second link. I never knew there were originals, "Dino Mites" apparently, with the extra paint. The Dino Brites were named on the back of the cardboard; when I was little we crossed most of them off and wrote in the names we wanted. I've always liked them... and now I will look to see which ones I never had. :D

amargasaurus cazaui

The struthio is an Mpc I believe and the Large gray ones appear to be Marx figures, but to my eyes the blue duckbill is a knock off, the fingers are from what I can see incorrect to marx or MPC...just my quick glance
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stargatedalek

The grey ones have no markings on them, not even a "China", so I get the feeling they are also bootlegs.

Chad

The Panosh one is an Ophiacodon from the Dinomite series.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2015, 03:01:58 PM
The grey ones have no markings on them, not even a "China", so I get the feeling they are also bootlegs.
I checked my marx figures and I have a matching Plateosaurus, which the one is....it says it on the side of the tail. It also lacks any other markings
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: