News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Quote from: UK on December 27, 2014, 11:28:45 PM
I bought this from a museum shop in Finland. I forget what it's called and I know it's not a figure but can anyone put a name to the stone please?

Thanks

There's no picture

UK

Quote from: DinoLord on December 27, 2014, 11:36:58 PM
I bought this from a museum shop in Finland. I forget what it's called and I know it's not a figure but can anyone put a name to the stone please?

Thanks

There's no picture

Oops

docronnie

It is shaped like an egg, Steve.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoLord

Looks like some kind of river-worn or tumbled sedimentary rock.

GodSpeed

Please, please help me identify this ones :) I would really appreciate it.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: UK on December 28, 2014, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on December 27, 2014, 11:36:58 PM

Thanks

There's no picture

Oops

Better pictures, with higher clarification of the outer surface...perhaps something for scale....density? weight? what does the underside loo like? Best guess would be a concretion....but more pictures of higher resoloution and size compare would he helpful
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

docronnie

Try this link Godspeed:

http://www.alibaba.com/promotion/promotion_toy-dinosaurs-promotion-list_16.html

You'll find almost all the manufacturers of our dinosaur figures specially Chinasaurs. :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

GodSpeed

Quote from: docronnie on December 30, 2014, 05:45:29 AM
Try this link Godspeed:

http://www.alibaba.com/promotion/promotion_toy-dinosaurs-promotion-list_16.html

You'll find almost all the manufacturers of our dinosaur figures specially Chinasaurs. :D

I know where I got them, I just need to know which dinosaur is which...
Who can help me identify them?

MaastrichtianGuy

i have to know what company made these dinos seen in this picture and tell me if theyre good

DinoLord

They seem like generic chinasaurs to me. None are particularly accurate.

Tallin

Yeah - you used to be able to get them in chinasaur toobs when I was kit, I had a hug collection of these little guys when I was about 7. They soon got eaten by my bigger dinos though...

Dinosaurana

So, I picked this guy up at a garage sale, as it caught my eye. Unfortunately, I know little of bronze figurines and banks, and I was hoping to get it identified. He seems to be bronze, and is a piggy bank. Hoping someone knows about him.

SBell

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on January 19, 2015, 06:47:28 PM

i have to know what company made these dinos seen in this picture and tell me if theyre good

Those are often sold under the brand name Imperial. They would not be considered 'good' representations by most standards, maybe good painting projects or diorama fillers. Most are based on fairly old representations.

jen

Hello all.
Can anyone tell me what kind of dinosaurs these are or which ones you think they are meant to represent please?
I'm a preschool teacher who is down to the wire getting an activity prepared for our dinosaur theme. I bought these guys last week 1-12 are a set, "Terra" by Battat; 13 & 14 are from a bin at a party store. It has been harder than I thought to find the names for all of them, I think I have only about half of them possibly correct or close. I really would like to give my kids as close to the correct name as I can...

I also can't figure out how to add the picture... not feeling terribly bright atm

Roselaar

Quote from: jen on January 25, 2015, 11:07:15 AM
Hello all.
Can anyone tell me what kind of dinosaurs these are or which ones you think they are meant to represent please?
I'm a preschool teacher who is down to the wire getting an activity prepared for our dinosaur theme. I bought these guys last week 1-12 are a set, "Terra" by Battat; 13 & 14 are from a bin at a party store. It has been harder than I thought to find the names for all of them, I think I have only about half of them possibly correct or close. I really would like to give my kids as close to the correct name as I can...

I also can't figure out how to add the picture... not feeling terribly bright atm

Hi there, welcome to the forums! :)

Can't really help you out without pics to know what we need to identify, but if the Battat Terra figures are present (all four of the recently released ones), you at least have a Pachyrhinosaurus, Nanshiungosaurus, Dacentrurus and Cryolophosaurus.

SBell

Hello all.

It's pretty tough to tell without a picture. There is a whole thread on here for adding photos:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Are the Terra dinos the 4 big ones or the 12 small ones in the little tube?

kreativtek

Hello everyone. Could you please tell what company made this amazing Carnotaurus? I'm guessing it was made for Dinsey's Dinosaur film, but I can't find a single trace of it online.

The picture was originally posted by Raptor65 on JPToys.

Simon

It was made by Mattel for the Disney movie in 2000 along with the companion 22" long Aladar Iguanodon.  You can find used ones on ebay,and Amazon seems to have a couple available in boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Dinosaur-Carnotaur-Revenge-Long/dp/B00FPT3RA6

jen

Quote from: SBell on January 25, 2015, 03:45:34 PM
Hello all.

It's pretty tough to tell without a picture. There is a whole thread on here for adding photos:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Are the Terra dinos the 4 big ones or the 12 small ones in the little tube?

thank you! here's the pic that took me way too long to take in the wee hours of the morning...

DinoLord

None of those figures are particularly accurate, but here are my guesses.

1. Styracosaurus
2. Centrosaurus
3. Dilophosaurus
4. Pachycephalosaurus
5. Stegosaurus
6. Parasaurolophus
7. Pteranodon
8. Brachiosaurus
9 -12. Generic theropods (can't spot any distinguishing features)
13. Some generic ankylosaur
14. Dimetrodon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: