News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krod41324

What are these from/where can I buy them?

Arul

What is the mosasaurus brand name ? Its a diorama from contestant  :) thank you

CityRaptor

Mosasaurus is from Kaiyodo's Retro Classic line. Naturally it is outdated on purpose.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Outdated ? You mean kaiyodo not producting it anymore ?

sauroid

he meant it was designed to look like a deliberately outdated Mosasaurus because it was in a series of retro-looking dinos and prehistoric reptiles.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Exactly. It is however out of production, too.
Oh no

Arul

Ohh too bad its a nice model. but yeah i even cant find another pict of it on google...

sauroid

you might still be able to come across that Mosasaurus on Ebay.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on February 12, 2015, 04:37:17 PM
you might still be able to come across that Mosasaurus on Ebay.

More likely on Yahoo Japan Auctions. That's where I got mine.

And there are 2 versions:

DinoToyForum

This was posted as an ID request on the Dinotoyblog Facebook page. It is Bullyland Apatosaurus apparently, has anyone seen one before or have any details about it?

CityRaptor

Yes, it is their original Museum Line Apatosaurus, released in 1990. Scale is 1:60. They still sell them at Dinopark Münchehagen.
http://www.dinopark-shop.de/ice/?domain=www.dinopark-shop.de&lang=1&fuseaction=dinoshop&start=21&menu=781&group=94
Oh no

Roselaar

Someone, if possible, please tell me what the Ornithomimid dinosaur in the back on this picture is... It looks way better than the Schleichs it's surrounded with.

stargatedalek

Looks like the Jasman gallimimus to me. Its pretty nice and it stands out even more amongst its own brand than amongst those Schleich.

Roselaar

Googled it, it seems you're right (so thanks! ;) ). I don't know much about the Jasman line, are they hard to come by? What is the usual going range for this figure?

stargatedalek

Sadly I couldn't tell you, but most of them aren't half as nice as the gallimimus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah the Galli is clearly based on JP I did a repaint of mine here :

Still looking for one of those Schleich Edmontosaurs myself..

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2015, 01:12:27 AM
Still looking for one of those Schleich Edmontosaurs myself..

They turn up on Ebay quite often from mostly German sellers for reasonable prices, around $20ish.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

From kaiyodo, but what species is this ? How about the size in Cm ? Thanks  :)

sauroid

it is identified on the genus level only, a Liopleurodon. about 6 cm.
you should look for the Waiphoon copy of the kaiyodo Lio. it is four times bigger than the Kaiyodo figure.

Arul

Okay thanks  :) i thouhgt its a dolichorinchops..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: