News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: SBell on March 24, 2015, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 24, 2015, 05:59:30 AM
is that your CollectA Smilodon ARUL? why does it have a paint smudge on its side?

It looks as good as I'd hoped--but, yeah--what's with the black squiggle on the side?

No this is not mind like i said hehehe, if i not forgot this model is belong to somebody from facebook group i forgot the group name  :-[ i think the owner marked his model by his signature

sauroid

LOL @deliberately ruining one's own collection
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Yeah i hope its not a permanent ink...

CityRaptor

Could it be the sculptor's signature?
I also  think kids do that sometimes...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Arul

The owner show some of the new arrival, and all model have the same sign on its body. Maybe CityRaptor right, signature from the sculptor haha  :D

EmperorDinobot

I know it's a Geoworld Corythosaurus, but I've only seen the articulated Dino Dan version in this color. A search on ebay did not show this color but a reddish brown one and a green one. Is this a hard to find variant? does anyone want it?

MaastrichtianGuy

can anyone tell me whats the name of this dinosaur that had four fingers i know that the jurassic II bag set from imperial has a megalosaurus in it

Arul

Quote from: Dino Master on March 23, 2015, 02:51:35 PM
Quote from: ARUL on March 23, 2015, 02:13:20 PM
Which one is better based on scientific accurate guys, papo or collecta (smilodon) ?

Favorite.

But seriously on those two, model wise they're fairly accurate. It's not as hard to make a cat accurate than a dinosaur. It would have to come down to a personal choice and taste. Papo went a fairly normal, conservative look with it based more off of a lion, while CollectA's new one has a more Bobcat kind of feel with it. I'd take CollectA personally, as it fits my tastes and wants better than Papo's.

If it's the old CollectA one you're inquiring about though, go Papo. Papo's is better than the old CollectA one.

Decided  :D i chose collecta now im starting to hunt it  :)

Takama

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 25, 2015, 09:54:45 AM

I know it's a Geoworld Corythosaurus, but I've only seen the articulated Dino Dan version in this color. A search on ebay did not show this color but a reddish brown one and a green one. Is this a hard to find variant? does anyone want it?

Thats the Dino Dan variant of There Jurassic Hunters Corythosaurus

Takama

Quote from: Raptoress on March 21, 2015, 12:45:54 AM
I got this T. rex statue for Christmas. I was wondering what brand it is or who the sculptor is. Thanks. :)

Interesting.   Can you provide a picture of your model?

suspsy

That nasty smudge on the Smilodon's flank suggests it could be a prototype. Where was it acquired from?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

im not sure, but the company could have provided them as freebies for review purposes, the smudging to prevent them getting resold
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

MaastrichtianGuy

is this a baryonyx or something else or if you call it that is it a classic restoration or a modern restoration of this guy?

kreativtek

Can you identify the figurines in this photo? They remind me of Jurassic Park Junior toys, but they look different. I've searched high and low and couldn't find a trace of what these dinosaurs are and what company made them.

MaastrichtianGuy

I know you guys think the velociraptor in real life or in life had feathers had a snout shaped like a garfish and are the size of a turkey but I can notice that the velociraptor from collecta the original one not the big deluxe one is unfeathered man sized and does not look like the one in real life or in life so rather than the real one in real life or in life so does this guy resembles the real dinosaur or something else?

CityRaptor

It resembles a outdated/Jurassic Park Velociraptor.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sumo

... and a shoddy attempt at that. Notice how the halluxes are placed above the ankle for some reason?
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

MaastrichtianGuy

well I know something about this guy is because before collecta also called procon made the first six dinosaurs in the line back in 2006 the people who work at collecta originaly procon are used to be Jurassic park fans which makes it why they made the dinosaur look like the one in the movie rather than the one in real life or in life except for the first five of them cause they look accurate and alright

stargatedalek

Quote from: kreativtek on April 14, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
Can you identify the figurines in this photo? They remind me of Jurassic Park Junior toys, but they look different. I've searched high and low and couldn't find a trace of what these dinosaurs are and what company made them.

If I'm recalling correctly they were licensed under Animal Planet branding and sold at TRU, but sadly that's all I can tell you.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: