News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lego Dino Sets

Started by alexeratops, September 18, 2012, 02:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Hi guys, it's me again. Anybody have any lgo dino sets, 'cause I don't. :'( But they do look cool! ;D
If you have any, post pics of them. If you don't just type in what you have. :)
like a bantha!

alexeratops

IF YOU DON'T REPLY SOON, YOU WILL DIE IN THE MOUTH OF A CHARCHARODONTOSAURUS!!!!
like a bantha!

Himmapaan

Patience, grasshopper.  ^-^

It might also be worth noting that unkind remarks are far less likely to produce the desired effect.  :))

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Hi

My son has the first 4 sets

And he likes them

Martien aka STORMnl
The Return Of The Mammoth's

suchomimus

Ok I just found these two sets I have, so pardon the sudden reawakening of this thread!

A total 8 sets were produced in 2001 by Lego - four main "Transformable" lines and four fixed baby versions.
As shown in one of the pics below, the specie are as follows:

Brachiosaurus
Plateosaurus
Diplodocus
Plesiosaurus

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Ouranosaurus
Spinosaurus
Parasaurolophus

Mosasaurus
Iguanodon
Postosuchus
Dimetrodon

Styracosaurus
Camarasaurus
Centrosaurus
Triceratops

(babies)
Ankylosaurus
Iguanodon
Brachiosaurus (Brontosaurus?)
Dimetrodon

The cover of each container doubles as a display base and includes random fossil remains too!

Arul

Thats unique  :o hahaha

Manatee

I have the Pteranodon set from the most recent series, a couple years ago.

Cammy

I got all of the sets, and a few extras of the smaller few sets. I regret not grabbing and extra Triceratops set though, because it seems LEGO won't be releasing any herbivores at all with the Jurassic World sets. I can't wait to get all of those, and combine them together!

docronnie

So we will have Lego dinos this year.  Good news. :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Cammy

Yep, and it looks like LEGO are taking the cheap way out by reusing the Pteranodon, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Raptors, and only adding two new dinosaurs (a Dilophosaurus and the new D-Rex) but at least the old ones will have new patterns and colours to add some variety. Here are some leaked photos of the T-Rex and Raptors:

CityRaptor

Well, to be fair, Lego Dino was already pretty much Jurassic Park, even style-wise. So it fits.Atleast they are not re-using Dino Attack...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Cammy

I don't have a problem with them reusing the dinosaurs, I guess I'm just bummed there are no new herbivores. I was really hoping to get a LEGO Stegosaurus. I wonder if the Dilophosaurus will have a detachable frill.

suspsy

Coelophysis set

Pteranodon(orange) set
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Triceratops set

Tyrannosaurus rex (green) set
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Well for the Dinosaur (and lego) Gamers on here. There is going to be a Lego Jurassic World Video game set to come out later this year.

It will cover all four of the Jurassic Park films, so it would be interesting to see some of the creatures in lego form.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150129005263/en/Warner-Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-TT-Games-LEGO#.VMrQomjF_KA

Cammy

I really hope a proper Jurassic World game comes out because I've never been the biggest fan of the LEGO games, however I'll definitely be getting this one for my 3DS... it includes levels based on all four Jurassic Park films at least.

LophoLeeVT

there was also a limited green pteranodon set
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Shuvuuia

Having now collected all the Lego Jurassic World sets, I can say with some certainty that these are wonderful Legos. Scientifically they obviously don't hold up all that well, but as recreations of the movie monsters they are pretty spot on.

Arul

Oh man that trex is really cool !! Want it so bad...but i cant oh the price..

LophoLeeVT

hahaha got ALL THEW LEgo DINOs~!
mwahahahaha
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: