You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

What a shame about all those lost images. Well I guess I'll eagerly await any new ones if/when you get to it. Not only did I dig the assortment in your collection, but it was so helpful for size comparison purposes too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

Hey avatar_Loon @Loon after a couple of days, my images from Postimages came back, maybe all is not lost. I guess they just don't know what they are doing.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Loon

Thanks everyone, but it's my fault I guess. I should have stayed with Flickr honestly, and the fact thay deleted all the images and created a new account, definitely didn't help things. I'm don't really have anything new coming soon, but I'm sure I'll update this thread sooner than later.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Tamall

Fantastic I saw many in this  post, however I have something planned on a large scale and organization, I was thinking of a showcase for each one where the glass reflects a lot of them.

Loon

Quote from: Tamall on October 16, 2020, 08:13:15 PM
Fantastic I saw many in this  post, however I have something planned on a large scale and organization, I was thinking of a showcase for each one where the glass reflects a lot of them.

I'm sorry?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Paraceratherium is amazing. The crown jewel of your collection perhaps?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 17, 2020, 08:58:53 PM
That Paraceratherium is amazing. The crown jewel of your collection perhaps?

It's definitely a centerpiece. I don't know if it's my favorite thing I own, but it's one of them.

Well, since things are going to be a little quiet here for a bit, I decided I'd share some work in progress images of my shelves. I've been organizing everything digitally in a Google sheet, so I'm going to use that when I reorganize my displays.

Here's the only one I've gotten done that's really different: the Paleozoic.

I placed everything in chronological order, which was hard, as the oldest animals tended to be small and flat. This is the only time I've physically altered the bathroom trays I use, now a few are cut so they tilt forward more. I'm not crazy about how it all looks honestly. Let me know what you think.

Shonisaurus

Your collection has been great. On the other hand, those prehistoric fish are the ones that most attract my attention, they are very beautiful. Without a doubt it is a nice collection of prehistoric animals from the Paleozoic, I hope the various brands of dinosaurs and other prehistoric toy animals will focus more on figures from the Paleozoic since it is a time of life on earth as interesting as the Mesozoic and the Cenozoic.

Halichoeres

If you want them to tilt forward a little without cutting the stands, have you considered a small rubber shim under the back?

I've had the same difficulty with chronological, because in the early Paleozoic most things were quite small (except Endoceras, I guess). I briefly tried doing it 'stratigraphically,' with the oldest things on the shelf and then the later things on risers, but that eventually got unwieldy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Nice setup!

Personally I sort by toyline first then by other factors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ceratopsian

The chronological order is an appealing method in theory - but in aesthetic, visual terms, perhaps it doesn't work so well, at least for me.  The small and oldest creatures blend together and it's harder to see them individually.  They get a bit lost.

Faelrin

The only thing I could probably suggest is maybe the smaller figures up front, and the larger ones in the back? It is definitely giving me food for thought when I can get some shelves of my own, from not only the ones I own already (such as the Safari Ltd ones), and recently obtained (such as most of the Kaiyodo ones there), but also if/when I can get my hands on most of the others here eventually (such as the CollectA, along with the Favorite Cambrian set, and some of the LIFE kickstarter figures as well), as I was thinking about having things displayed out by period as well. Maybe grouping it by taxonomy maybe better too, I'm not sure.

Edit: Maybe environment too. It is sort of how I have some things displayed right now from my lack of space, which means I have my Woolly Mammoth, Woolly Rhino, and Yutyrannus, sharing the space with my Beasts of the Mesozoic Dromaeosaurus pair, and Mountain base, etc, as an example.

Loon

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We're currently fixing the lights, so the shelves are in complete chaos. I'll post updated displays sometime next week.

Anyway, I'd like to thank avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos for these two very beautiful custom projects.

BEWARE: It's about to get PIC-HEAVY!!!

I always found the PNSO Shantungosaurus to be among their best early figures, especially amongst the hollow vinyls, but man, if that paint scheme wasn't bland as sin. Of course, Alexandra did a fantastic job fixing that.

This Shantungosaurus was to be a mix of Okapi and Collared Lizard, but, she went above and beyond that. I love visually striking Dinosaur figures, so this one is really appealing to me. I love it.

Another commision from paintingdinos, a base for my Australovenator.

No matter what I did, poor Banjo wasn't able to stand, so I'm very happy with this base. It's based (pun intended) on the trackways at Lark Quarry. Even though, Australovenator supposedly isn't present at that site. Still, I wanted something similar.

This is my favorite part, the back is layered. This really makes it feel like something out of a museum exhibit.

I'm in love with this base. Not only can he stand now, but it's just so neat to look at. I honestly would've gotten Banjo painted if he wasn't so hard to find.

So, please, check out avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos' thread. Also, not to spoil anything, but you'll be seeing some more of her work here sooner than later...

Faelrin

Man that Shantungosaurus paint scheme is so beautiful. Definitely an upgrade. I think it would blend in better with their recent hadrosaurids much better now too.

That base for Banjo is amazing. The detail work on that makes it look like a real rock formation, but like shrunk down. The paint work helps too of course, but yeah wow I'm so impressed with it. Gotta be miles better in person I imagine. I also almost missed the addition of dry foliage or brush too it. Fantastic.

ceratopsian

Oh my goodness, how I admire that repaint of the Shantungosaurus!  I have a real soft spot for this model anyway, as I vividly remember the excitement of finding out about its release and ordering it through avatar_acro-man @acro-man.  Heady days!  But this version takes it to another level.

Excellent base for Banjo too. Something like that is the only way mine could rise from all four limbs in the floor!

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you. The repainting of the shantungosaurus is an improvement over the initial figure of PNSO and on the other hand the base of the australoveantor "Banjo" has been great. That way that Australian theropod will not have stability problems.

paintingdinos

Thank you for posting the pictures avatar_Loon @Loon ! You did them much better justice than I could have. Happy they arrived safe and sound :)

Jose S.M.

Banjo's base looks amazing and the Shantungosaurus is a work of art, what a change from the original paint job.

Halichoeres

:o Wow that Shantungosaurus is amazing, nice work avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos! I also love the aridland base for Banjo, but the paint job on the hadrosaur is just stunning.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: