News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Mattyonyx on December 26, 2020, 12:27:35 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 26, 2020, 12:24:22 AM
avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx Thanks for the link. Do you know when it will be available on Aliexpress? I am more interested in my case for this network of online stores since their products are more affordable.
Actually I'm waiting for them too.

Qianzhousaurus on AliExpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001952313164.html?spm=a2g0x.12010611.8148356.16.3c275ef6thUOwD

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Has anyone understood what Mr. Zhau Chang told about the large scales in the throat region and the region close towards the belly of the rex figure?

Duna

I will order Qianzhousaurus, but not Wilson. There is something I still don't like about the figure, starting from the price ...  :)) Too many figures from PNSO this year although I only get some of them. Must make a hard selection.

Bokisaurus

Here you go!
It arrive this morning :D
I love this figure... a lot! It is my favorite rex figure now. I simply cannot understand what the whole harsh criticism is of this figure. Ah well, and the figure stand very stable WITHOUT the rod, more stable than many figures out there. I really think it was included just as a support for the legs so it won't bend in time since the figure is heavy.
It's a stunning figure that really needs to be seen in person to really be appreciated and given a fair assessment .
[]

More potos in my collection thread if you want to see more. Cheers!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 26, 2020, 09:09:42 PM
Here you go!
I love this figure... a lot! It is my favorite rex figure now. I simply cannot understand what the whole harsh criticism is of this figure. Ah well, and the figure stand very stable WITHOUT the rod, more stable than many figures out there. I really think it was included just as a support for the legs so it won't bend in time since the figure is heavy.
It's a stunning figure that really needs to be seen in person to really be appreciated and given a fair assessment .
There is nothing wrong with liking the figure, I think despite its flaws it's easily among the best Tyrannosaurus out there, but it really bothers me to see criticisms be invalidated with statements like "you need to see it in person in order to be fair".

No lips, no feathers, oversized scales, planked posture, there are plenty of reasons that people could dislike this figure that are completely valid without needing to see one in person. It isn't like people are complaining "the plastic isn't heavy enough" without seeing one in person. These are all things that are readily apparent from the photographs.

Remko

I just ordered the new Spinosaurus, Qianzhousaurus and Wilson. Looking forward to them.

SidB

Just ordered the Qianzhousaurus myself from Dan's. Love that discount, but now the LONG wait. Very character- building.

Gwangi

It's really good, certainly among the best Tyrannosaurus figures ever made and a vast improvement over the other Wilson. Is it $70 good though? I'm still not sure. They clearly made this figure to appeal to collectors that prioritize accuracy but they didn't check off all the boxes. The scales and lack of lips bother me and I can't ignore that fact. These things are generally nothing I would get hung up about if it were maybe $40-50 but if I'm shelling out $70 for the definitive T. rex I'm just not sure that I'm picking this one. I'm right on the edge though, I fully acknowledge that it's a fantastic piece.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 26, 2020, 09:29:56 PM
Here you go!
There is nothing wrong with liking the figure, I think despite its flaws it's easily among the best Tyrannosaurus out there, but it really bothers me to see criticisms be invalidated with statements like "you need to see it in person in order to be fair".

No lips, no feathers, oversized scales, planked posture, there are plenty of reasons that people could dislike this figure that are completely valid without needing to see one in person. It isn't like people are complaining "the plastic isn't heavy enough" without seeing one in person. These are all things that are readily apparent from the photographs.

You know what, I never said anything about accuracy have I? I Neve said you need to see it in person to assess its accuracy, have I? So since you seem to have missed my point, I was talking about the quality, colors and details that really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. Nowhere have I said anything about accuracy needing to be assessed only after being seen in person, I repeat, clear? Or did I miss myself saying that?
And you just did exactly the same "invalidating" you have accused me of- what is wrong about saying one has to see it in person to appreciate it? Is that not valid thing to say? And really, no need to tell me about plastic stuff, that's just being condescending and there is no reason for that.

Gwangi

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 26, 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Here you go!

You know what, I never said anything about accuracy have I? I Neve said you need to see it in person to assess its accuracy, have I? So since you seem to have missed my point, I was talking about the quality, colors and details that really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. Nowhere have I said anything about accuracy needing to be assessed only after being seen in person, I repeat, clear? Or did I miss myself saying that?
And you just did exactly the same "invalidating" you have accused me of- what is wrong about saying one has to see it in person to appreciate it? Is that not valid thing to say? And really, no need to tell me about plastic stuff, that's just being condescending and there is no reason for that.

You didn't say anything about accuracy but you did state "cannot understand what the whole harsh criticism is of this figure." I feel like Stargate's post was a response to that particular remark and I thought her answer made sense.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 26, 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Here you go!

And if people had been complaining about the richness of the colour, or the paint application, or a perceived lack of detail, than I could absolutely concur with you. But the only issues I've seen people here have with the figure are in regards to its accuracy. Those are the complaints people have, so I assumed those were the complaints you spoke of that you said were not fair because they hadn't seen it in person.

I have definitely seen people make complaints here about the weight of a given figure. And not in reference to the design being thin or bulky, but the figure itself "not weighing enough". I suppose that just stuck in mind as a strange and very arbitrary complaint to make, so it was my go-to example of a complaint someone could make based on a photograph that would be objectively unfair. I wasn't trying to create a nonsense example as some sort of strawman and I'm sorry it came across that way.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on December 26, 2020, 09:52:24 PM
It's really good, certainly among the best Tyrannosaurus figures ever made and a vast improvement over the other Wilson. Is it $70 good though? I'm still not sure. They clearly made this figure to appeal to collectors that prioritize accuracy but they didn't check off all the boxes. The scales and lack of lips bother me and I can't ignore that fact. These things are generally nothing I would get hung up about if it were maybe $40-50 but if I'm shelling out $70 for the definitive T. rex I'm just not sure that I'm picking this one. I'm right on the edge though, I fully acknowledge that it's a fantastic piece.
While I'm quite excited about this sculpt eventually reaching my door, "definitive" T. rex may remain an elusive acquisition. I'm one of those (maybe a minority) who would like to see what Eofauna could come up with in this respect.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on December 26, 2020, 10:25:01 PM
While I'm quite excited about this sculpt eventually reaching my door, "definitive" T. rex may remain an elusive acquisition. I'm one of those (maybe a minority) who would like to see what Eofauna could come up with in this respect.
Although, I do love this new Wilson, I am also curious about other company's interpretation of an updated Tyrannosaurus, not just from Eofauna, but possibly Safari or even CollectA.

I know it may be a while for others to acquire Wilson, but can someone please compare the PNSO Shant and the new Wilson? Thank you!

SidB

Quote from: Bread on December 26, 2020, 11:49:40 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 26, 2020, 10:25:01 PM
Although, I do love this new Wilson, I am also curious about other company's interpretation of an updated Tyrannosaurus, not just from Eofauna, but possibly Safari or even CollectA.

I know it may be a while for others to acquire Wilson, but can someone please compare the PNSO Shant and the new Wilson? Thank you!
After the 2021 Daspletosaurus, I definitely want to see a 2022 Doug Watson updated interpretation of this classic.

suspsy

Yeah, those are my sentiments as well. I agree with what Boki's been saying as well. Inaccuracies notwithstanding, I think it's a truly fantastic sculpt and one that I would pick up if it were cheaper, or possibly even if Amazon was still doing free shipping, but as it stands, I think I'm gonna save up for the Kickstarter exclusive BotM T. rex instead.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Off topic to previous posts, but PNSO Corythosaurus is now available for free shipping and prime on amazon.

Andre

Speaking about the Corythosaurus, mine doesn't stand properly since day 1.. anyone else have the same problem?

Bread

Quote from: Andre on December 27, 2020, 12:41:12 AM
Speaking about the Corythosaurus, mine doesn't stand properly since day 1.. anyone else have the same problem?
Yes, I have to use a guitar pick to make the figure stable. Placed the pick under the right front foot.

Ikessauro

Does anyone know how limited this version of Doyle is? I love the color scheme, would rather have this one for sure. But the only one on Ebay is going for over 200 USD, which is quite a lot more than the normal cost of this model.

SenSx

I don't want to spread false infos, but i think despite being recent, it is a very rare model.
If I'm not mistaken it was limited to only 100 models, and exclusively for the asian market.
Only Lanatimeshop managed to get 10 of them and sell them on Ebay for 100 dollars, but quickly removed them before it was sold out (they probably did not have the 10 models in stock, and it got sold out on the official site really fast).
I was lucky enough to grab one, absolutely gorgeous paint job, much more striking than the default Doyle I find dull, but more natural one would say.

I absolutely don't know if PNSO is planning to re release more of that variant.
I'm not suprised at the price, double of what it was.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: