News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Dioramas

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, February 20, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you for the kind Words, B @Bokisaurus avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus

I haven't posted big Updates, because there aren't that much. I am sorry for that. I am one of the People, that struggle a lot with life as a human in general, so there are Times i can't do anything at all.

The Tyrannosaur/Edmontosaurus Diorama sits unfinished in the shelv. The Base is finished and i "just" need to paint the Animals and seal it.

Moreover i started a Diorama with the Wild Past 1:35 mating Dromaeos and the femal Protoceratops. My first desertlike Diorama. But it sits unfinished aswell.
I hope to find a Time to continue sculpting and building this stuff. Because it is what i love to do.
Since i lack the Money to keep on collecting prehistoric Animals at the Moment, everything feels a bit like on hold.

Regards.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I felt bad for just writing about the startet Dio with the Wild Past Figures. So i got it out, placed the Animals and the "Tree" on it fou the Forum. It is heavily Work in Progress, so it looks quite... harsh? There is alot to do. I just placed the Tree and Figures for the Idea in what direction it will go. Hopefully. At least 2 Pictures. But nothing is final here. Even the positions.
The Idea was: A dried out Riverbed, swallowed by Time and Sand. But slowly coming back to life. If you want to go further, maybe this Protoceratops interrupted the Mating and a possible Fight ended in a Dune burrowing the two fighters. You can guess the outcome.

(avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector i had to glue the wings. Because i did drop it on the floor once. Of course^^)

CityRaptor

Maybe the Protoceratops is just curious and the Velociraptors don't notice her at first. So she keeps on watching.
Protoceratops: So that's how those things are made.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyCollector

Very promising already avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs
I especially like the perspective of the camera when we have the Protoceratops-view. Very artistic!

Duck

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs A very promising start. I look forward to seeing the completed diorama!
He who dwells in pond

Bokisaurus

Wow, just saw your latest, it looks awesome!
I love the big tree😃
I can't wait to see it finished, and knowing how small these figures are, the more impressive this project is!

Halichoeres

So far this is shaping up to be a great diorama. I hope you'll keep us posted.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

That's a wonderful tree!  Looking forward to seeing the next stage.

Shonisaurus

What a beautiful diorama! My congratulations, how have you done it? That work is very laborious, it is a work of art.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks to everyone for your kind and positive words. I have been quite absent from the Hobby in the last months and had a hard time finding a way back to it, since not beeing able to buy any new Figures kind of takes away one of the positive parts in collecting. Admiring the Stuff and i have is important and it is a privilege, but of course adding new Figures and enjoying them is also a Part of this Hobby.

It might seem immature, but seeing everyone here having a good time with all the great and wonderful new releases felt not really great, when i can't participate in the discussions with joy over new Figures. But of course i feel happy for everyone that did get new Figures :) This also came down when modelling and creating Diorama bases or painting stuff. But it happend.

I hope to get back on track soon, but the Situation in Europe/the World right now is also creating not the most positive feelings in general inside myself. I am well aware, that i am mentally not in the best Situation, even if it is something that is a "normal" part of my life. Get me every time it happens, though i leard to deal with it better, over the years.

I have a lot of Ideas and eagerly want to start with new stuff and finishing(!) The Double rex+Edmonto Diorama and the Wild Past Minidiorama. But sometimes it is hard to start anything at all.

I often have a silent look in the Forum, but do not feel to say anything of importance. Since this is "my" Thread over here, i felt the urge to talk about it. Even, if it just for myself and reminding me of all the joy i have in sculpting and creating little Moments from the prehistoric past.

The Tyrannosaurus base is finished, as it was, and i still "just" need to paint the Animals and add Details to it. I hope everyone is fine as possible during these Times. Especially our Friends from the East. I hope noone is offended by my words. Mixing my unimportant personal stuff with real life horror.

I hope to create a bit of positive "pressure" onto myself to start again with my unfinished works.

Thanks again for all the nice words from you. This really means a lot to me. A lot.

Have a nice week an i hope to share at least a start in the right direction in the next weeks, regarding my Bases. Have a great week, stay safe and positive.

Regards,

Julius

Halichoeres

That's very relatable and understandable. I hope you find yourself in a good frame of mind for creativity soon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Totoro

I hope you are well, Julius.  I think your story mirrors many as we endure this extended pandemic, strongly-fractured society, and deeply burdened planet.   How many can stay positive throughout that without disheartenment?

I will say I miss your work and creativity on this thread and, like avatar_irimali @irimali 's diorama page, would love to do even a tiny bit to rekindle your passion and return.   This hobby can be a strong creative and positive outlet.  Now that I am retired and moved to our forever home, you can count on me as a source of praise and encouragement!   ;D

Also, I have an idea for a friendly diorama challenge, hopefully involving you, avatar_irimali @irimali, and maybe a few others.   Your work is really awesome, hope to see more of it again soon! 
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you very much. I hope you are doing fine at the Moment. Always nice to read from you. :)

avatar_Totoro @Totoro Thank you for your Words aswell. Irimalis works are way beyond my capabilities. He is really in inspiration. I often come here to this Forum in silence to have a good time. Today i can tell you, that my Motivation slowly comes back to this part of the Hobby and i have a rough WIP Pic from the Edmonto. Now i have preassure :D That is good. It is needed sometimes. Looking forward to have the whole piece finished.

Pliosaurking

That Edmontosaurus looks like it's coming along very nicely!
Good job!

Stegotyranno420

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks!

Here are two additional Photos from a testfit on the Base. It should get way darker, because there are some washes coming on it later. The Tyrannosaurs will get the same (lel, at least i will try) Paintjob.

SidB

Striking! Splendid workmanship.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Absolutely spectacular! Wow... I love the colors on the Edmonto, the vegetation, the soil, the footprints - everything! It looks so alive  :o Fantastic work!

Edit: Are those plants all custom made?

Totoro

Wow, such amazing artists on this forum, and you are rapidly moving up the ladder toward the top, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs!  Busy today but looking forward to reading back through the process on your latest work soon.  You're pieces are so imaginative and yet believable.  They seem like true snapshots of prehistoric life. Thanks for sharing! 
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Halichoeres

That looks fantastic. That shade of blue is really striking and works great with the intricate but restrained pattern over the rest of the body.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: