You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Massive Jurassic Park collection + pictures

Started by JPCarnotaurus, March 17, 2012, 07:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCarnotaurus

My collection:

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome !

I still need to find me a new JP Explorer..my old one looks like the one the Rex tossed into the tree.. lol

ZoPteryx

Jeremy K9

Excellent collection.  :D  You wouldn't happen to have the large helicopter that was released awhile back, would you? I used to have one, although it was badly beaten up. lol

Tylosaurus

This collection is brilliant!!! Very nice and very well sorted out!  *orthocone* ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2012, 05:53:47 PM
Awesome !

I still need to find me a new JP Explorer..my old one looks like the one the Rex tossed into the tree.. lol
How about buying a real Ford Explorer and painting in it the Jurassic Park color scheme ! 
I really wonder if anyone has actually done this :)
As for the panorama glass roof, that would have to be modded in the car's roof.

JPCarnotaurus

Aram-Rex

THIS IS BEAST!!!!!! Wow. Keep collecting mate you're very good at it ;)

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2012, 05:53:47 PM
Awesome !

Did anyone else have the Tyco RC version, with the little Dilo in the back that spit water from a reservoir in the bottom? That thing was brilliant.

Thagirion

Wow. Beautiful collection. I guess you don't settle for just one of everything, but several of everything. I can't believe how many compounds you have.  I'm still looking for just one.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Horridus

That army of tiny plastic overly-muscular Sam Neills is mind-boggling.

Understand the armies of dinosaurs, though ;)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Thagirion

Dr. Grant is my favorite character from the movie. But yes that was my only complaint about the toy. The face and hat were nice but what's with that chest? Grant was a skinny nerd.  The opposite complaint for Nedry. He didn't look like himself at all and wasn't fat enough. Too skinny.

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Thagirion on April 24, 2012, 08:20:00 PM
Dr. Grant is my favorite character from the movie. But yes that was my only complaint about the toy. The face and hat were nice but what's with that chest? Grant was a skinny nerd.  The opposite complaint for Nedry. He didn't look like himself at all and wasn't fat enough. Too skinny.

If it makes it any better for u in the book Grant was pretty buff. 

Thagirion

I've read the book twice but don't remember that. Nope doesn't help. This is supposed to be a copy of Sam Neil so it's not accurate and any innacuracy in figures irks me.  They madea perfect Malcolm they can make a nice Grant. Besides I have a thing for skinny nerds.

Horridus

The reason that the first wave of human figures didn't match up well with the movie is that they weren't based on the actors, but on costume designs; I'm pretty sure the toys were in development before the actors were even cast. The Malcolm came in Series 2, and was actually based on Jeff Goldblum. I think.

The co-development of the toys with the movie also explains why the Jurassic Park electronic dino toys had rubbish, stock sound effects.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Thagirion

Yep I'm aware of that. They also made a great series two Muldoon but they didn't correct the others. I thought Grant and ellie were nice except for the muscles on Grant. But you'd think they'd have fixed the Nedry. They just rempainted and removed the sunglasses.  The Malcolm is my favorite because it really looks like Goldblum.
My beloved Malcolm figure
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thagirion/7085639917/in/set-72157629834120003

Horridus

Maybe they thought a figure that actually looked like Wayne Knight (circa 1993 - he's a bit slimmer these days apparently!) wouldn't sell. I'd beg to differ though. His character was just brilliant, and had some great lines.
"I don't blame people for their mistakes. But I do ask that they pay for them."
"Thanks, dad."
@Mhorridus

Thagirion

Yes, I liked fat Nedry.  He was a mean jerk but it was awesome.  I'd definitely buy his action figure even if it was fat. "Dodson, we've got Dodson here!! See? No body cares."  I use the "No body cares." like a lot in my daily quoting hehe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: