News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Those are the tyrannosauroids that I want a dinosaur brand to make, as is the case with the magnificent project BoTM of the bistahieversor prototype.

Faelrin

Wow it looks great already (the model and the concept sketch too). I'm definitely intrigued by the reptiles that will no doubt be the inspiration of this one's color scheme. I'm eager to see that finalized. I know I will probably want one of these to go alongside the Pentaceratops I pre-ordered.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

We're headed off to a good start, though I do hope the blue highlights aren't oversaturated on the figure.

LeapingLaelaps

After the nightmare that was trying to pose my raptors on my shelf I wasn't really excited for tyrannosaurs because I can already imagine the struggle of posing more bipedal figures, but... Oh man. I'm already so ready for these guys.

Shonisaurus

The BoTM bistahieversor looks great, his project promises a figure of a quality as spectacular as his ceraptosides and his raptors dinosaurs.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

The prototype is absolutely praise worthy. Please add a line for cloaca in its proper position.

suspsy

Very happy to see that it has lips! A good start! Who's up next?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Wow it's absolutely beautiful. I definitely need to get this one to stand alongside the Pentaceratops at least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Sarapaurolophus

The piercing blue eyes are a nice touch. Looking a little vampire-goth here with all this eyeshadow ;)

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

A scientifically accurate Pterosaur line(having few in figure forms) in action figures having ability to mold and spread large wings along with other fine details as he always does will be great if he considers them later on after sufficiently concentrating in Dinosauria.

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow. These are looking cool. Can't wait for the first finished prototype.

Darn it, Mr. Silva, I believe that I will be obligated to add at least a couple figures from each Beasts series to my collection from now on.

Can't wait for my ceratopsians to come. The wait is agony. That's the only real drawback to these Kickstarters!

Just changed around the poses of my Pyroraptor mama and chicks that I keep displayed on the mantle because, why not? They're the most versatile action-display figures ever. Good stuff.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on April 29, 2020, 07:18:45 PM
After the most fascinating tyrannosaurs we are eagerly waiting for the spectacular hadrosaurs from Mr.Silva.

If he started making hadros I'd go broke :(
I am trying to get only one figure of each line and that's tough already. Hadrosaurs (or sauropods) would eat my bank account.

suspsy

I have a suspicion that sauropods will be stomping their way onto the scene next. It would fit with David introducing a 1:35 scale to the tyrannosaur series.

Imagine a Brontosaurus with a bendable tail. Or a Brachiosaurus with an articulated neck. Or a Diplodocus that can rear up on its hind legs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I kinda think it'll be hadrosaurs because of the diorama potential with the ceratopsians and tyrannosaurs, although I think I'd prefer sauropods because a smaller percentage of sauropod taxa have been made into figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2020, 01:02:11 PM
I kinda think it'll be hadrosaurs because of the diorama potential with the ceratopsians and tyrannosaurs, although I think I'd prefer sauropods because a smaller percentage of sauropod taxa have been made into figures.

A hadrosaur is cheaper than a sauropod. Hadrosaurs are smaller and therefore more affordable for customers' wallets. Sauropods even if they decreased in scale would have even exorbitant prices.

In my case I prefer hadrosaurids. I would like to see the edmontosaurus and tsintaosaurus with their new appearance following the new paleontological discoveries.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I totally agree with you that they will be hadrosaurs.

LeapingLaelaps

I'd love Hadrosaurs the most but Sauropods would also be awesome!

Smilodon P.

From the Facebook page:

"Today we have a look at the very first sculpt for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic: Tyrannosaur Series- the 'Bistahi destroyer', Bistahieversor sealeyi! This amazing sculpt was done by uber-talented Jake Baardse. Keep in mind that the articulation has not been cut in yet, but we are well underway with these prototypes. There's plenty more to come!"

Flaffy

Amazing work from Baardse as usual.
I wonder if he's going to be responsible for the Lynthronax as well, since the Bistahieversor is going to be sharing a body with it.

Shonisaurus

The bistahieversor is highly realistic in his prototype computer Jake Baard has done a very good job.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: