News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

I hope David releases more 1/35 tyrannosaurs in the future, plus some ceratopsians also.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

postosuchus

i have a couple of questions:

1) raptors had problems with their jaws (crooked, loosely closing). are these jaw problems corrected in tyrannosaurids? are there differences between the waves (1, 2, 3)?

2) the tails of some figures are made of rubber(?) with wire inside. how durable is this construction? doesn't the rubber harden and crack over time?

BlueKrono

Quote from: postosuchus on October 23, 2023, 02:04:35 PMi have a couple of questions:

1) raptors had problems with their jaws (crooked, loosely closing). are these jaw problems corrected in tyrannosaurids? are there differences between the waves (1, 2, 3)?

2) the tails of some figures are made of rubber(?) with wire inside. how durable is this construction? doesn't the rubber harden and crack over time?

1. I would say not entirely. avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres mentioned his Suskityrannus from wave 2 had a poorly fitting jaw

2. Not sure. Only time would tell.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Concavenator

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on October 15, 2023, 05:14:02 PMI hope David releases more 1/35 tyrannosaurs in the future, plus some ceratopsians also.

I think this will make you happy then:

Myself, I think I will hold off on getting PNSO's Gorgosaurus and Safari's Daspletosaurus for a while, then. I like those figures and they are on my wishlist, but the BotM ones look so great that I'd rather get them instead if there will be 1:35 versions. Also, if David is planning to release some 1:35 versions of I'm assuming some of those Body 4 tyrannosaurs, then I think it's highly likely we will be getting a 1:35 Allosaurus and maybe Carnotaurus too, with these genera being more famous than those tyrannosaurids.

Faelrin

I plan to get the 1:18 version to go with my BotM Styracosaurus, but man I'd love one of those in 1/35 too. Easily the most beautiful Gorgosaurus on the market atm I think, with PNSO's a close second.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

Blade-of-the-Moon

Think I'm going to slow up getting the rest of these, I have all of the 2nd Wave figures still in box here.. :-\

Flaffy

So sooo tempted to get the 1/18 Gorgosaurus too... IMO the best one out of the 4. This pic alone just sells the figure for me, so regal and majestic...

However, if David is doing 1/35 versions then I'd be much more interested in those instead. But considering how busy David is I'm probably not going to wait (still waiting on more 1/18 raptors, especially an updated Zhenyuanlong...). Can always sell the larger version down the road afterall ;)

Faelrin

I couldn't stop staring at it when I saw the paint sample at Legions Con last month. Well that and the Carnotaurus, lol. Nice to see what it can do with the neck articulation. Vastly improved over the wave 1 figures. Hardly believe the wait is over soon. I'm honestly debating if I want to start saving for this, some Hiya Toys Godzilla figures, or Cyberzoic first. Hard to choose.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would be nice if they could stay in those poses. I really love the quality and detail but I can only ever get them to display in the the most neutral of poses.

Over9K

Alberto and Gorgo are certainly going to bring some new colors to my Tyrannosaur collection!

Pliosaurking

Definitely got to grab that Gorgosaurus at some point!

LucasLiu

Over9K

Anticipation is high... that Gorgosaurus is just insane. I don't think I knew the blue was going to be so luminous. So psyched, haven't had a really good box day in a long time.

Eatmycar

I really, really, want Gorgosaurus. My finances are against me on this front, but... damn. That is a gorgeous figure. The color palette reminds me of the old Kenner Young T. rex from the second Jurassic Park line, a figure I coveted as a child but never owned... and this is a fitting modernization of that deco to me.

Concavenator

The BotM Gorgosaurus has got to be one of the most beautiful dinosaur models I've ever seen, period. Unfortunately, I can't justify going for it instead of the PNSO just because the latter doesn't represent an adult and because of the lack of lips. But if David will release a 1:35 version that's going to be a day 1 purchase from me. Same for the Daspletosaurus.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on December 22, 2023, 08:10:32 PMThe BotM Gorgosaurus has got to be one of the most beautiful dinosaur models I've ever seen, period. Unfortunately, I can't justify going for it instead of the PNSO just because the latter doesn't represent an adult and because of the lack of lips. But if David will release a 1:35 version that's going to be a day 1 purchase from me. Same for the Daspletosaurus.

Yeah a shame about PNSO's Tyrannosaurs missing the lip train. Coelurosaur in particular look weird without lips.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: