News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, the smaller version of the rex will probably be in the $60 to $70 range. That's just a guess based on the prices of the ceratopsians, though; David hasn't released the official numbers yet.

If you want the WWD rex specifically, you'll have to get it through the Kickstarter (or buy it from someone on eBay later, probably for a significant mark up). The non-Kickstarter exclusive color schemes should be available to buy on David's website for a while, though. They're not sold on Amazon.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

I will just need it to be small. 12-14 inches
How do kickstarters work

indohyus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 12, 2021, 08:29:17 PM
I will just need it to be small. 12-14 inches
How do kickstarters work

You can only get them with the kickstarter, you can't buy them when they are mass produced.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 12, 2021, 08:29:17 PM
How do kickstarters work

You'll have to go to Kickstarter's website and set up an account. Kickstarter requires a credit card number; as far as I know, they don't take other forms of payment (like PayPal).

When David announces that the tyrannosaur Kickstarter is live, you'll have a month to pledge money toward the figures you want. He'll list the prices for each figure, so you'll have to figure out which one you want and pledge that amount plus the price of shipping. Not all the figures will be available right away. Some of them will only "unlock" if the Kickstarter reaches certain funding goals, so be on the lookout for that. Your credit card won't be charged unless the Kickstarter reaches its goal by the end of the month.

After the Kickstarter is over, you'll get an email with a link to a special storefront where you can pick out which figures you want and enter in your address. If the tyrannosaurs have a similar timeline to the ceratopsians, the first ones will probably ship in summer of 2022.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

Eh, it's too complicated for me and I don't even got a credit card, I will just have to pass

indohyus

Stegotyranno420

either way, i will have to wait til I'm 18, and by that time, they'd be out of stock or very scalpe

TaranUlas

Personally I like the WWD Tyrannosaurus coloration more than the Dinoriders one, but I will freely admit that's because I grew up with WWD and not Dinoriders. Nostalgia kinda dictates that I prefer the WWD one. Personally I suspect that I'm mainly going to be buying the smaller tyrannosaurs since no one makes figures of most of those. Suskityrannus and Moros will be mine no matter what.

Smilodon P.

Gorgosaurus preview (scupted by by Jake Baardse and part separation by Aaron Doyle) ():

Reuben03

beauuutiful.
my bank account is freaking out for dark times ahead at the moment...

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Halichoeres

Quote from: TaranUlas on March 13, 2021, 02:23:43 AM
Personally I like the WWD Tyrannosaurus coloration more than the Dinoriders one, but I will freely admit that's because I grew up with WWD and not Dinoriders. Nostalgia kinda dictates that I prefer the WWD one. Personally I suspect that I'm mainly going to be buying the smaller tyrannosaurs since no one makes figures of most of those. Suskityrannus and Moros will be mine no matter what.

Yeah, I'm definitely in for those little fellas. Can't wait to replace this Eotyrannus:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

If it weren't for the novelty factor, I'd have given away my CollectA Eotyrannus a long time ago. Looking forward to seeing its artwork, and that of Albertosaurus and Moros. Although I'm still puzzled as to why Moros was included in the line but not Xionguanlong.

Oh, and Facebook now has images of the prototype 1/35 T. rex sculpt up. Looking at it placed next to a ruler, I am more firmly convinced that I'm right in saving up for the 1/18 version. Don't get me wrong, the 1/35 one looks great, but it's  too small to do proper justice to the king of the dinosaurs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Here's those images (for those who despise using FB slightly more then me):

Also surprised no one has mentioned that the Lythronax is done now:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Wow i am exicted for that tyrannosaurus. Its actually in my size range, but I'm not sure about my price range, but I'm gonna try to work for the money if i could find a job.
I also love how its finally not a jp or shrink-wrapped tyrannosaurus

suspsy

LeapingLaelaps

There's more on Facebook but here are some pictures from his latest post! Love this color scheme

andrewsaurus rex

that's a very reasonable restoration of Lythronax, given the known skeletal material.  Maybe a bit lightly built but the only known specimen is thought to be a subadult, so lightly built is probably fine.

suspsy

In-progress art for the Eotyrannus is on Facebook. The colour scheme is based on the red kite!

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on March 23, 2021, 03:11:13 PM
In-progress art for the Eotyrannus is on Facebook. The colour scheme is based on the red kite!

Very naturalistic colour scheme.

Faelrin

Wow I love this one is turning out. Great choice for that one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: