News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Anyone knows when the first wave is being released and what species will be released in each wave?

Flaffy

Hoping B wins.
Would like to see a Walking With Dinosaurs Tyrannosaurus toy that's properly done. The official Toyway one always looked weird, emaciated and unappealing to me.
Would also open up possibilities of a potential 1/35th scale WWD inspired Torosaurus as well.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on March 31, 2020, 11:26:18 PM
Anyone knows when the first wave is being released and what species will be released in each wave?

Even Silva doesn't know that. But I think 2022 at the earliest. Even most of the ceratopsians aren't supposed to come out until 2021.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

Flaffy

Option B, the Walking With Dinosaurs colour scheme won the vote!!  ;D
Now I'm definitely interested in the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus.

Loon

Thank Christ. I had no interest in any of those other colors.

Ravonium

Well, guess that means I'll be getting the Kickstarter exclusive verson after all.

Also interesting how C won on Facebook while B won on Twitter and Instagram - I think we all know why that is...  ;)

suspsy

I'm disappointed at this result, as the WWD colour scheme is by far the dullest out of all those choices. But surely David will spruce it up more for the toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I'm absolutely fine with the WWD one winning. It was a very close second pick for me anyways, and besides I would have liked any of those honestly. I think it was great that he held a vote for this too after asking for feedback on it. I'll update the main post with this later tonight.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

Y'all can always, y'know, repaint it! It will be an expensive project, but the sky's the limit!

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: suspsy on April 02, 2020, 08:19:33 PM
I'm disappointed at this result, as the WWD colour scheme is by far the dullest out of all those choices. But surely David will spruce it up more for the toy.

Bright purple, Bright brick red, and deep blue/purple are of course less dull colors. But they'd also make it look like a cartoon character. The WWD scheme, though muted with a tan/white + dark gray + orange throat is duller, it's a far more interesting pattern and combination of colors to create a more naturalistic yet none-boring color scheme.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Sarapaurolophus

Woof, Duckface-o-saurus won by a landslide. Too bad, I would have paid good money for Megatron. But hey, I love to save! And WWD Rex deserves to be on a better model :))

suspsy

Quote from: E.D.G.E. (PainterRex) on April 03, 2020, 07:48:43 AM
Quote from: suspsy on April 02, 2020, 08:19:33 PM

Bright purple, Bright brick red, and deep blue/purple are of course less dull colors. But they'd also make it look like a cartoon character.

Tell that to all the raptors.

stargatedalek

The WWD Tyrannosaurus definitely has the most vibrant contrast and pattern of those options, though dark grey and beige aren't exactly what I would call vibrant colours compared to purple, orange, or light green.

Even though I'm still not interested in that particular figure I think the WWD design was probably the best choice among them.

John

The only halfway decent color choice was the Walking With Dinosaurs one,so it should be no surprise that it won.The transformers one was so unnatural looking,I don't even know why it was even considered. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

Quote from: John on April 03, 2020, 02:41:20 PM
The only halfway decent color choice was the Walking With Dinosaurs one,so it should be no surprise that it won.The transformers one was so unnatural looking,I don't even know why it was even considered. :)
Not gonna lie, I think the Dino Riders colours with the WWD pattern would be probably even better. It's the two-toned with no patterning colour schemes that look so unnatural and boring.

John

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 03, 2020, 03:01:34 PM
Not gonna lie, I think the Dino Riders colours with the WWD pattern would be probably even better. It's the two-toned with no patterning colour schemes that look so unnatural and boring.
Yes,that is true,those colors would make it better.
If these tyrannosaurs are sculpted by the Saurian guys like some of the ceratopsians were,then they could end up being the best of their kind ever made. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sarapaurolophus

The transformers one was so unnatural looking,I don't even know why it was even considered. :)

Because it's fun! It also has a nice pattern to it. The only off-looking color would have been the dark green stripe across the back.
Considering Mr. Silva currently offers bright yellow, green and red snakes as inspiration for the Tyranno series, why not purple. Doesn't matter now anyways since Megatron didn't make it. Terrorize! 8)

suspsy

Because it was humourous? Because Beast Wars Megatron is awesomeness personified? And because it's really no more unnatural than many of the raptors?

Also, keep in mind that this is the Kickstarter exclusive. There's also going to be a standard T. rex toy with an entirely different colour scheme.

Flaffy

There may still hope for you folk who wanted a Megatron or Dino-riders inspired rex.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: