You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric animals we'd like made, ordered by year named

Started by Sim, March 14, 2020, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Well, time for Daspletosaurus horneri to exit the list!

Sim

Yep!  I've removed it as well as Archaeopteryx, Carnotaurus, Utahraptor and Chilesaurus.  I've also removed some species I'm no longer interested in having figures of.

Sim

I've added the following that I'd like a good figure of:

1977: Tuojiangosaurus multispinus
1988: Denversaurus schlessmani
1994: Achelousaurus horneri

Sim

I've removed Shunosaurus from the list as I've received the Safari version of it and I'm very satisfied with this figure.

Concavenator

As I explained here, we don't have a solid image of what Lurdusaurus looked like, so I think it should be removed from the list, according to this topic's own rules.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call the Papo Chilesaurus a good figure, as I also explained here.

Sim

As I described in the other topic, I consider Lurdusaurus to be known from good remains.  But I agree on the Papo Chilesaurus though, so I've added Chilesaurus to the list in the first post again.

Concavenator

Sim

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim I think I'll be grabbing the BotM "Western" Pack, so if I get a Stenonychosaurus, I won't feel the need to get a Hesperornithoides, so feel free to remove it if nobody else wants one.

Concavenator

Lufengosaurus will be able to leave this list soon. Important to see a "prosauropod" finally receiving an adequate figure.

Sim

The list is back in business!  I've removed Aenocyon and Lufengosaurus as good figures of them have been released.  I've also decided I won't count action figures in the list as they are different to models in my opinion and I would like this list to deal with models only.  So I've updated the list to reflect this.  I've added the following species I'd like models of now that action figures are not included:

1922: Dromaeosaurus albertensis
2001: Eotyrannus lengi
2005: Buitreraptor gonzalezorum
2010: Linheraptor exquisitus

Sim

Also, I just remembered that Basilosaurus is another I very much would like an accurate figure of, so I've added the following to the list:

1839: Basilosaurus cetoides
1904: Basilosaurus isis

Faelrin

While it wasn't perfect I adored the Recur one from a few years ago. Not available anywhere now. I would gladly take a new one, but hopefully large like Recur's or PNSO. CollectA's is too small for my needs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Sim

I've added the following to the list:

2006: Futabasaurus suzukii

It's my most-wanted prehistoric swimming animal.  I find it captivating, with its distinctive, proportionally small teeth and overall interesting form.  I think Kaiyodo's is perfect, except being small.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, yes I do know of that one, but it's a model kit.  It would be perfect for me if it was a finished PVC figure.  I would even get more than one to have versions with each head.

Sim

I've changed my mind and decided action figures can count for this list.  I've updated the list to reflect this.  I've also removed Stegosaurus ungulatus now that Haolonggood's is available!

Sim

Whether action figures count for this list is something I've been going backwards and forwards on in some conjunction to whether I will collect Beasts of the Mesozoic or not.  I've finally decided I won't and so I won't count action figures in this list.  This will be the final decision on this.  Sorry for the backwards and forwards!  I think this decision benefits the list as action figures really are somewhat different to other models.  Plus, I don't like that poor action figures like that one Riojasaurus or Mattel's Austroraptor count as that species no longer being unique as a figure.

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Could you include these two?:

2021: Aquilolamna milarcae
2024: Lokiceratops rangiformis

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: