News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Finished the Diabloceratops.
I originally wanted to give it a violent nature, but for ceratopsians, despite their deadly horns I often think of them as calm, benevolent creatures, even if it's wrong to put human concepts onto any animal, let alone dinosaurs
Anyways here he is taking a stroll:
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 09, 2022, 01:17:46 PMThat is a lovely Diabloceratops, I can see you have improved a lot more too, it looks very lifelike.
I will look through the art I have missed in my absence later when I get the chance.
Thank you very much my friend, it is great to see you here again.
Quote from: Concavenator on September 09, 2022, 01:34:33 PMVery nice Diabloceratops. I like the colours, I think they fit this creature very well.
Thank you, I liked this lava color scheme I made here, and might use it again.
Quote from: The Spinosaurus on September 10, 2022, 05:07:20 AMLove the enlarges horns and frills, though I wonder if they would be more colorful. On the subject of line art, depending on the creature, you should have a mix of the Diabloceratops and the Asfaltovenator, where you highlight some scales and fade out some others, especially in areas strongly hit by light or with lots of wrinkles. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the suggestion. Do you have any others that can make my art more realistic looking?

The Spinosaurus

Very nice landscape! I suggest you highlight the specific wrinkles or scales in areas hit by light. That would make your art more organic and realistic. Also, don't be afraid to raise interesting if not crazy theories for dinosaurs. Good job!

Edit: It's helpful to look at ways that professionals highlight and shade area

irimali

Your Diabloceratops is great!  Very energetic and the coloration is beautiful too.  I love all the subtle patterning and blending.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_The Spinosaurus @The Spinosaurus thanks for the suggestions.
avatar_irimali @irimali thanks very much. It feels great coming from you, as when I first joined I used to go through your phenomenal artwork :)

HD-man

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 19, 2022, 05:01:24 AMVelociraptor  mongoliensis taking a stroll.
For my teacher who also loves dinosaurs

Sorry to bother you about this, but what specimen(s) did you base that on? Maybe it's just me, but something looks off about the head (which reminds me more of Austroraptor: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51bf1cd3e4b0a897bf54112b/1647214688444-P0T2R0C1WN1WF7PM2L7I/Austroraptor.jpg ) & the hand. For comparison (Yes, I know the life reconstruction is shrink-wrapped by today's standards):

On a related note, maybe it's just the art style, but the wings look weird compared to "plausible arm feather arrangements in a typical mid-sized dromaeosaur":
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

The Spinosaurus

Quote from: HD-man on September 21, 2022, 07:47:28 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 19, 2022, 05:01:24 AMVelociraptor  mongoliensis taking a stroll.
For my teacher who also loves dinosaurs

Sorry to bother you about this, but what specimen(s) did you base that on? Maybe it's just me, but something looks off about the head (which reminds me more of Austroraptor: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51bf1cd3e4b0a897bf54112b/1647214688444-P0T2R0C1WN1WF7PM2L7I/Austroraptor.jpg ) & the hand. For comparison (Yes, I know the life reconstruction is shrink-wrapped by today's standards):

On a related note, maybe it's just the art style, but the wings look weird compared to "plausible arm feather arrangements in a typical mid-sized dromaeosaur":

Yeah, I think it is the art style but it would help to push and pull more lights and darks for individual feathers.

Stegotyranno420

H @HD-man drawn from memory, so no specimen. This was before I knew how their wings worked

Varanus priscus for my friend Joao

The Spinosaurus

That is an amazing Varanus, I like the fact that the head morphology is changed from the organic material.

Stegotyranno420

A mosasaur portrait. It looks very flat and unnatural in the water.
The anatomy is also way off as it was originally a sketch, then a scale practice, and now this.

Stegotyranno420

The Spinosaurus

I love the Zalmoxes! The lighting looks much more realistic now!

Concavenator

Lovely chunky Zalmoxes. And hey, you've become a master at texturing!

Stegotyranno420

Koolasuchus

avatar_The Spinosaurus @The Spinosaurus and avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator thanks very much on the constructive compliments.

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

Kapitaenosavrvs

I'm always in for a nice Deinocheirus m. Such a unique and beautiful Animal.
Looking forward to the finished Picture.

Concavenator

Looking forward to see the Deinocheirus:)

Stegotyranno420

Thanks everyone

Can someone do a good proportion inspection?

Concavenator

Eyeballing Hartman's skeletal:

I think yours is looking pretty good, I don't really see anything wrong. Won't you feather it up though?

Also, really nice pose.

Stegotyranno420

Thanks
I decided to go with sparse feathering this time, but I do love big fluffy feathers as well

Any corrections or issues with lighting, texture etc

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: