News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Ah, why'd you have to go and say that Adam...that's another marine reptile I'm going to have to buy...and I'm not even that into the bloody things ;D
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Horridus on September 27, 2012, 10:33:32 PM
Ah, why'd you have to go and say that Adam...that's another marine reptile I'm going to have to buy...and I'm not even that into the bloody things ;D

Come on now, this one's lovely. 

John

Well,what do you know?I actually called the Dimorphodon right! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Balaur

No pterosaur toob!!!!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!!  :'(

I'm still glad that atleast a Dimorphodon is being released.

The Gryposaurus, Gastornis, Diabloceratops, and Elasmosaurus all look great.

This is really exciting! They look like their made of soft foam, but its just my eyes.

Really can't wait to get them!

Also, 2012, Vagaceratops, 2013, Diabloceratops!

Two ceratopsians in 2 years?

Anyways, great line up! Can't wait to get them!  ;D

Dan

Quote from: Roselaar on September 27, 2012, 08:15:02 PM
Looks good! But not as good as I had hoped. The Carnegie Collection's anniversary is "celebrated" with just a single new sculpt...?

The Concavenator was originally scheduled for 2012, along with the new Brach. Why it happened this way, I'm not sure, but it means the other Carnegies got pushed forward in the release schedule. If you want to see what they really had in mind for the "anniversary", you'll have to wait until 2014.  ;)

alexeratops

WILD SAFARI DINOS ARE AWESOME!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! I NEED'EM ALL!!!!!I DEMAND THOSE FOR 2012!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
like a bantha!

Brontozaurus

How funny, just last night I was trying to remember if a Dimorphodon figure had been made yet. I'll have to get this one, it's one of my favourite pterosaurs.

Also, Cambrian toob hell yeah.

Maybe it's just a bad angle but the head on that Elasmosaurus looks really goofy.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Yutyrannus

Does Safari's new "Golden Dragon" remind anyone else of Smaug?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

John

Quote from: alexeratops on September 28, 2012, 12:34:31 AM
WILD SAFARI DINOS ARE AWESOME!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! I NEED'EM ALL!!!!!I DEMAND THOSE FOR 2012!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm going to have to agree with that sentiment,like "The Simpsons"'s Mr. Smithers alongside a horde of little girls outside a shop window when he sees the new "Malibu Stacy" doll:
"I WANT IT!I WANT IT!I WANT IT!......." :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 28, 2012, 12:40:58 AM
How funny, just last night I was trying to remember if a Dimorphodon figure had been made yet. I'll have to get this one, it's one of my favourite pterosaurs.

Also, Cambrian toob hell yeah.

Maybe it's just a bad angle but the head on that Elasmosaurus looks really goofy.
Actually,it's shaped like an elasmosaurid skull should be,so if it looks strange,it's because Elasmosaurus and it's kin had strange heads. :D
And I am very happy about seeing Dimorphodon,too as that has always been a particular favorite of mine as well.

Gryphoceratops

At first glance the elasmo looked like it had a big stupid tongue but when i looked at it closer its the inside of the mouth at an angle.  It looks like  great figure.  Like horridus I'm not a big marine reptile fan but I will be getting this one for sure.

John

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 28, 2012, 12:48:19 AM
At first glance the elasmo looked like it had a big stupid tongue but when i looked at it closer its the inside of the mouth at an angle.  It looks like  great figure.  Like horridus I'm not a big marine reptile fan but I will be getting this one for sure.
I like the combination of recently named dinosaurs like Diabloceratops and prehistoric animals I remember from earliest childhood like Dimorphodon and Elasmosaurus. ;D

tanystropheus

Envision the Gastornis with human legs. Can not unsee :o :'(

alexeratops

I'm really happy they're putting the baby dinosaurs back in prodoction!  :D
like a bantha!

DinoLord

All the Wild Safari figures look at least decent, and I'm glad to see that they're actually releasing a hadrosaur figure. The bullyland figures are rather unimpressive though; they look emaciated.

ZoPteryx

Woah, I got one right in my prediction! ;D  Really liking these new Safaris.

Elasmo: Awesome and accurate, everything's good about it! :o except for the color. :'(
Dimorpho: Very very nice!  Like others have said, some parts (hind legs) don't really look up to par with their previous pterosaurs, hopefully that's just the photo.
Diablo: Better than this year's Vaga in my opinion.  Looks like they used the same scale pattern too.
Gastornis: Easily my favorite of the bunch! ^-^
Grypo: Very good, but I agree with Seijun, a non-terrified hadrosaur would be nice.
Cambrian Life Toob: Love it, but it seems like they're getting skimpy on the paint jobs for the toob figures.

Did anyone else like the pterosaur minis in the catalogue? With a little work, they would probably make good customized figures. :)

dinocat

Anybody know the Safari toob trilobite species?

Himmapaan

The Gryposaurus didn't strike me as looking terrified. It looks more to me as though it's bellowing to the herd or something of the kind. Everything else about its posture looks pretty neutral.

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 28, 2012, 01:11:16 AM
Woah, I got one right in my prediction! ;D  Really liking these new Safaris.

Elasmo: Awesome and accurate, everything's good about it! :o except for the color. :'(
Dimorpho: Very very nice!  Like others have said, some parts (hind legs) don't really look up to par with their previous pterosaurs, hopefully that's just the photo.
Diablo: Better than this year's Vaga in my opinion.  Looks like they used the same scale pattern too.
Gastornis: Easily my favorite of the bunch! ^-^
Grypo: Very good, but I agree with Seijun, a non-terrified hadrosaur would be nice.
Cambrian Life Toob: Love it, but it seems like they're getting skimpy on the paint jobs for the toob figures.

Did anyone else like the pterosaur minis in the catalogue? With a little work, they would probably make good customized figures. :)

What do you like better about the diablo than the vaga?  Im a little unsure from an accuracy point of view still.  I can't be sure judging but the pic alone but the front limbs may be too erect and the belly is a little high.  Again it could just be the photo.  Detail and color wise i think its gorgeous though.

Also I was looking at the dimorphodon again and does anyone else think this one could be a flexible bendy figure?  It sort of gives me that impression for some reason.  (i hope its not)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 28, 2012, 01:11:16 AM

Yeah, I thought so too. That's what I meant by it's not a pterosaur toob..but it's something. :)

The Thunder Dragon actually stinks more than Swamp Dragon this year...I do like the Golden Dragon a bit though. The others as repaints..meh. :/

Not really impressed by much else.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: