News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

I want that Cambrian life toob! :D  *orthocone*
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Allosaurus89

I'm liking the new Wild Safari releases with the exception of the Dimorphodon, the detail on the wings seems sub par, and something about it just looks cartoonish.  Regardless I will still get it most likely.  What still bothers me is Safari ltd. once again has yet to release an ankylosaur for their wild safari collection, it seems strange that they haven't even released a more popular one like Ankylosaurus.  Still, loving their new releases and going to get them, as well as that toob, based on that toob being released I'm guessing the prehistoric sharks and crocs sold reasonably well?

Hynerpeton

A lot look cool really.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

John

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2012, 09:41:40 PM
Quote from: John on September 28, 2012, 08:48:14 PM
Actually the Carnegie Collection didn't come out until 1989,so 2014 will be the 25th anniversary of their release.

I bought my first "Schleich-versions" of the Carnegie Collection in Germany in early 1989, so I'm sure they were already available in the U.S. in 1988.
I can see why you would think that,with the Carnegie Collection being a U.S. based line.But they were actually first released here in the states in 1989,I remember that clearly.The reason Germany got them that early was because Bullyland was the company that did the tooling for the first year's release.You may have actually gotten a hold of them a little earlier than we in the U.S. did. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
Technically speaking, they're not hands. They are objects of propulsion, not manipulation. Therefore the correct word would be front feet.

If you really want to be technical the proper term is actually "manus" (translates to hand).  When talking casually it doesn't matter if you say "hand" or "front foot". 

http://opendino.wordpress.com/tag/osteology/

alexeratops

Is there any news for collecta? :-[ ???  I really  want to see what they're making! ;D
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on September 29, 2012, 04:44:30 PM
Is there any news for collecta? :-[ ???  I really  want to see what they're making! ;D
CollectA may not reveil theres until November

reidak12

I could be wrong, but the Carnegie Concavenator looks suspiciously like the Carnegie Giganotosaurus. ???

CityRaptor

Well, that was discussed in the other thread. Aside from that shark fin, Concavenator pretty much looked identitcal to Giganotosaurus, so the figure reflects that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: reidak12 on September 29, 2012, 05:15:33 PM
I could be wrong, but the Carnegie Concavenator looks suspiciously like the Carnegie Giganotosaurus. ???

Yes it does, we already went on at great length about that in the previous 2013 thread. The two animals were related though and looked very similar so really the figures should look alike as well. It is a shame they used the same pose though and it could be that they reused some parts from the giga as well.

CityRaptor

I think pictures say more than words here:
Conca:

Giga:
Oh no

CityRaptor

Quote from: John on September 29, 2012, 04:21:47 AM
I can see why you would think that,with the Carnegie Collection being a U.S. based line.But they were actually first released here in the states in 1989,I remember that clearly.The reason Germany got them that early was because Bullyland was the company that did the tooling for the first year's release.You may have actually gotten a hold of them a little earlier than we in the U.S. did. :)

Wait, So Bullyland was hired by Safari to do the tooling, and then they were licensed to their then main rival Schleich?
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 29, 2012, 11:19:52 PM
Quote from: John on September 29, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

Wait, So Bullyland was hired by Safari to do the tooling, and then they were licensed to their then main rival Schleich?

There was a lot of back and forth in those days, when none of them were large enough or distributed widely enough to affect one another.

Kennywr22

Hey all. New member here. Love all the news and info here. I'm a big fan of the Papo line( I know they are not the most accurate). I was wondering when we would see papo's 2013 preview or line up? Any info would be great. Look forward to posting on here.

alexeratops

Welcome to the forum, Kennywr22. Anybody can do it, i'm only 9 years old!
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on September 29, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Yes it does, we already went on at great length about that in the previous 2013 thread. The two animals were related though and looked very similar so really the figures should look alike as well. It is a shame they used the same pose though and it could be that they reused some parts from the giga as well.

I have no doubt the sculpt is probably original..it's just Ms. Rogers that did both of them..and being so closely related as well.  The pose being so similar certainly didn't help either.  Wish they had added small spines or bumps..something to make it look at least a little less like the previous ones.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Kennywr22 on September 30, 2012, 01:51:31 PM
Hey all. New member here. Love all the news and info here. I'm a big fan of the Papo line( I know they are not the most accurate). I was wondering when we would see papo's 2013 preview or line up? Any info would be great. Look forward to posting on here.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :). Papo will preview their 2013 models around mid-December (possibly, January 2013).

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 30, 2012, 04:55:02 PM

I have no doubt the sculpt is probably original..it's just Ms. Rogers that did both of them..and being so closely related as well.  The pose being so similar certainly didn't help either.  Wish they had added small spines or bumps..something to make it look at least a little less like the previous ones.

Perhaps you're right. I wouldn't even care if they used spare giga parts, if you have them why not right? Spicing it up a bit would be nice but it is still a lovely model and I'm exited about it. I love the paint job and it is much better than the CollectA model.

Balaur

Quote from: Gwangi on September 30, 2012, 09:50:06 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 30, 2012, 04:55:02 PM

Perhaps you're right. I wouldn't even care if they used spare giga parts, if you have them why not right? Spicing it up a bit would be nice but it is still a lovely model and I'm exited about it. I love the paint job and it is much better than the CollectA model.

Yeah, I don't care if they are re-using parts of Giga (which I don't think they are) it is still a very beuatiful and nice figure. I find myself agreeing with Gwangi here. Once you get your hands on it you can modify it.  :)

Nobs

Looking at the new terror bird has got me thinking...
Is this going to be an addition to their main Dinosaur line, or an addition to the almost extinct prehistoric mammel line. 
There can be an arguement made for both I guess. 
PERSONALLY I think the mammel line would be more interesting to resurrect with future adds.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: