You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Prehistoric Mammal & Bird Collection

Started by WalkingWithBeasts, May 22, 2020, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingWithBeasts

From left to right:
Top:
- mini Woolly Mammoth (CollectA)
- mini Deinotherium (CollectA)
- mini Woolly Mammoth (Safari Ltd)
- mini Megacerops (CollectA)
- mini Arsinoitherium (Safari Ltd)
- mini Paraceratherium (CollectA)
- mini Arsinoitherium (CollectA)
- mini Uintatherium (CollectA)
- mini Daedon (CollectA)
- mini Moropus (CollectA)
- mini Andrewsarchus (CollectA)
- mini Andrewsarchus (Safari Ltd)
- mini Macrauchenia (Safari Ltd)
- mini Doedicurus (Safari Ltd)
- mini Megatherium (Safari Ltd)
- mini Kelenken (CollectA)
- mini Smilodon (CollectA)
- mini Smilodon (Safari Ltd)
Middle:
- Megatherium (Bullyland)
- Chalicotherium (Bullyland)
- Diatryma (Bullyland)
- Brontotherium (Mojo)
- Quagga (Mojo)
- Anchitherium (Bullyland)
- Woolly Rhinoceros (Papo)
- Cave Bear (Papo)
- Daedon (Mojo)
- Steppe Mammoth (Papo)
- Hyaenodon (Papo)
- Smilodon (Papo)
- Woolly Mammoth (Papo)
- Cave Bear (Bullyland)
- Dodo (Papo)
- Moropus (CollectA)
- Andrewsarchus (CollectA)
- Gastornis (Safari Ltd)
- Basilosaurus (CollectA)
- Uintatherium (CollectA)
- Hyaenodon (AAA)
- Deinotherium (CollectA)
- Smilodon (CollectA)
- Thylacine (Mojo)
- Kelenken (CollectA)
- Megacerops (CollectA)
- Entelodont (AAA)
- Daedon (CollectA)
- Woolly Mammoth Calf (CollectA)
- Arsinoitherium (CollectA)
- Paraceratherium (CollectA)
- Gomphotherium (CollectA)
- Thylacine (CollectA)
Bottom:
- Megacerops (Safari Ltd)
- Woolly Mammoth Calf (Safari Ltd)
- Woolly Rhinoceros (Safari Ltd)
- Smilodon (Safari Ltd)
- Arsinoitherium (Safari Ltd)
- Daedon (Safari Ltd)
- Amebelodon (Safari Ltd)
- Macrauchenia (Safari Ltd)
- Woolly Mammoth (Safari Ltd)
- Uintatherium (Safari Ltd)
- Andrewsarchus (Safari Ltd)
- Hyaenodon (Safari Ltd)
- Megatherium (Safari Ltd)
- Doedicurus (Safari Ltd)
- Megatherium (Schleich)
- Uintatherium (Yolanda)
- Macrauchenia (Schleich)
- Woolly Mammoth Calf (Schleich)
- Cave Bear (Schleich) (partially hidden under shelf)
- Glyptodont (Schleich)
- Smilodon (Schleich)
- Woolly Mammoth (Schleich)
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

DinoToyForum

Nice!

It is a faff with Instagram but I found out it is possible to embed the image into a forum post with bbcode (but not html, so the embed option offered by Instagram won't work). Finding the URL isn't simple on instagram, but here's a trick: append the text "media/?size=l" to the page URL, and it will redirect to the image URL. In this example the appended URL would be https://www.instagram.com/p/CAfSfzIDqOQ/media/?size=l Include that URL in a post using the image tag, and voila! See:

WalkingWithBeasts

Oh thank you!

I couldn't manage to get the image to be seen on there but you clearly are better at this than me!
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: WalkingWithBeastsLover on May 23, 2020, 10:43:03 AM
Oh thank you!

I couldn't manage to get the image to be seen on there but you clearly are better at this than me!

Happy to help!  8) Looking forward to seeing more of your collection!

CityRaptor

I guess that is one way to deal with the issue of shelf space...although I can't help but imagine it as some sort of wacky race.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Nice collection! I congratulate you on your beautiful collection of prehistoric mammals and extinct birds (dodo). It is honestly a shame that the consuming public (including children) are not very interested in prehistoric mammals. In my case I almost like dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals or mammals from the Ice Age.

WalkingWithBeasts

Yes I reckon it could be a race, the way they're all lined up, also thanks for the feedback. I absolutely love prehistoric mammal models - in fact I just ordered the CollectA Elasmotherium and the Mojo Hyaenodon with the Walking with Beasts style paint scheme!

WalkingWithBeasts

Here's my Walking with Dinosaurs Toyway collection (plus a few extras including a repainted Schleich Allosaurus, CollectA Ornithocheirus & Plateosaurus)

DinoToyForum

The repainted Allosaurus is a great improvement over the original. You just need the Toyway Ornithocheirus holy grail now, to complete the series (like the rest of us!)

WalkingWithBeasts

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your acquisitions, as Dr. Dinotoyforum Administrator says now we would need an ornithocherius from Toyway to complete the collection ... but because it is impossible and the price will more or less be more than scandolous if it is sold in one auction. I hope that the WWD figures will be reissued is improbable but there is never an impossible and that the ornithocheirus was re-commercialized because it is a pterosaur despite more than twenty years that it has not lost its charm as a prehistoric animal figure at all. As I always say, dreaming is free.

WalkingWithBeasts

Thanks. I actually got the Ophthalmosaurus for a mere £38 off eBay and all the rest were cheaper.

Faelrin

Wow I love the assortment you have there, in both the mammals and WWD figures. That does make me realize it's kind of a shame there were no figures for either of the WWB or WWM series but well I guess at least the AAA Entelodon and Hyeanodon capture the look of those particular beasts from WWB, although I truly wish there was some representation of the Leptictidium, but I guess if there are any figures of the similar looking extant elephant shrew out there those may have to suffice.

It also makes me realize how few mammals I have in my collection (and from only the Pleistocene currently at that), but I've been planning to help address that with my next batch of figures from Safari Ltd at least (such as the Doedicurus, Daedon, and Hyaenodon, and Evolution of Man set), and hopefully the I-Toy Paraceratherium later this year.

Funnily enough I also just got done with giving a WWB a rewatch on curiosity stream after all this time, so I suppose it's certainly influenced me into wanting more of these sooner then later.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

WalkingWithBeasts

The only problem with the AAA Hyaenodon is that it has black stripes as oppose to white stripes like the one in the show - which is sonething that the Mojo one does have although it has an inferior sculpt in my opinion.

By the way, if you like the Walking with shows then you might want to take a look at my YouTube channel where I have done my best to isolate the unreleased portions of the music - most recently from Walking with Beasts itself.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKdNXtU0VEgETz__ulhkbog

SBell

That's a pretty impressive lot...but (gauntlet thrown) you're going to need to chase down the Bullyland figures if you want to truly feel complete!

Of course, once you walk down that path it could drive you a little mad. They made some animals that still aren't done by anyone else. Like Megaloceros*! And Anchitherium! And Eusmilus!

I should mention I've been collecting for decades though...

*Colorata did just release one though...along with Palaeoparadoxia! https://www.colorata.com/fs/colorata/figurebox_ex2/

Bokisaurus

Great to see a collection of dominated by prehistoric mammals! We need more ;D Great collection!

WalkingWithBeasts

Papo actually has recently released a Megaloceros and the 'early horse' as Bullyland call it is already in my collection. I think it's in the picture somewhere. Other than that one I've got the Diatryma, Chalicothere and Megatherium from Bullyland.

The only other ones I'd like to get are the Mammoth, Andrewsarchus, Woolly Rhino and Mastodon

WalkingWithBeasts

I'm thinking about buying that Colorata set from their website but is it safe or should I opt for something like eBay instead?

SBell

Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on May 24, 2020, 10:35:58 AM
I'm thinking about buying that Colorata set from their website but is it safe or should I opt for something like eBay instead?

They don't ship outside of Japan (unless that changed?) but there are ways of course. avatar_brettnj @brettnj has sources that can get Japanese goods for you. Or eBay can work as well.

SBell

Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on May 24, 2020, 10:06:44 AM
Papo actually has recently released a Megaloceros and the 'early horse' as Bullyland call it is already in my collection. I think it's in the picture somewhere. Other than that one I've got the Diatryma, Chalicothere and Megatherium from Bullyland.

The only other ones I'd like to get are the Mammoth, Andrewsarchus, Woolly Rhino and Mastodon

Not the gomphothere? Or ninravids?

And I forgot that there's also a Starlux Megaloceros. And plenty of other Starlux mammals too. Not always easy to find though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: